Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's all to do with who is paired together. Remember, it wasn't too long ago he was playing and looked terrible, like he did last season.

For me, the change in performance has something to do with the playing partner. I'm guessing that Clark and Okore have been spending a lot of time together as a partnership in training and have developed a good understanding, hence the the better better defensive displays. We all also need to remember the quality of the opposition they've played against before getting carried away.

96% passing accuracy today and 9 out of 10 long balls were accurate, if he can keep his passing close to that level along with his defending being improved then he could our first choice centre back for the future.

The thing with Clark is that he had to come of age because he was playing along side a young CB in OKore and had to lead him. I dont think he would have done that with our other CB's as he thought himself the young CB and had to be guided by them.

• Like 1

Been so impressed with Ciaran since the Saints game. He simply hasn't put a foot wrong. Love his attitude as well.

I have described him and Baker as the chuckle brothers in the past. Looks like they may well be having the last laugh and fair play to both of them.

Fair play to them both, they're becoming more like the Mitchell brothers!
  • Like 1

He has basically been playing as the de facto captain in these last few games. A huge presence on the field now.

I agree. It's like he is now a man playing out there rather than a boy.

Of course he's still going to make errors now and then, but he looks so much more composed now and has a nice aggression to his game as showed in the tackle on Ulloa at the end of the first half. I loved the look he gave him afterwards as well!

I know I have said this before, but I always noticed that he mostly did the talking during the huddles.

I think he loves the responsibility.

• Like 1

If you read back a few pages, i was slating ciaran big time, and i would have probably bombed him out in the summer along with baker. Im happy to say now that aswell as baker, clark has well and truly made me look a bit silly and i couldnt be happier about. Well done ciaran.. Keep it up!

• Like 1

Â