Eric Lichaj

Rob182

From the OS :"Bent missed out against Sunderland after picking up an ankle knock in training on Friday.

Bennett hobbled off at the Stadium of Light after opening up the wound in his knee that was sustained at White Hart Lane.

His first-half replacement on Saturday, Lichaj, was withdrawn after the break after picking up a groin strain."

Subbing Lichaj was probably 50/50 on him getting yellow earlier and picking up the strain.

From the OS :"Bent missed out against Sunderland after picking up an ankle knock in training on Friday.

Bennett hobbled off at the Stadium of Light after opening up the wound in his knee that was sustained at White Hart Lane.

His first-half replacement on Saturday, Lichaj, was withdrawn after the break after picking up a groin strain."

Subbing Lichaj was probably 50/50 on him getting yellow earlier and picking up the strain.

Fingers burnt with Bennett the other week I suppose

i thought last season he did ok towards the end - when Warnock was playing as DM in front of him. Im not suggesting we bring warnock back - just an observation.

All our full backs IMO currently give the opposition wide men to much space.

Keep in mind he's playing out of position on the left and is naturally a right back.

I'm a fan of his because he gives us some drive forward (even when on the left) but his ball retention unfortunately isn't great. He's lost it a few times venturing forward.

I think for the moment he's the best we got, although I'd like a new LB in Jan please.

No way we are buying a new LB when we have Bennett, Stevens and Lichaj who can play there. Baker (and probably Clark) have played there in the past too.

Bennett has been brought in to be 1st choice LB just like Lowton has at RB. He'll come good soon.

As for Lichaj, he's looked a bit suspect this season when coming on as a sub, but I've been a fan of his before and think he's good cover.

Keep in mind he's playing out of position on the left and is naturally a right back.

I'm a fan of his because he gives us some drive forward (even when on the left) but his ball retention unfortunately isn't great. He's lost it a few times venturing forward.

I think for the moment he's the best we got, although I'd like a new LB in Jan please.

I don't see us buying a new LB anytime soon. Bennett will be given a chance to establish himself first imo. He came to us over the summer carrying an injury, and has had a couple of knocks whilst playing for us, so he hasn't really had chance to settle into the team yet or get match sharpness. I would imagine Lambert will give him this season at the bare minimum, and if he still is struggling towards the end of the season then he may start to look elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Lichaj isn't good enough and along with Stevens we should get rid in January if we can get someone like Martin Olsson in and then keep Bennett as the apprentice.

Ridiculous to claim that Lichaj and Stevens arent good enough but Bennett is. Whats that based on then?

• 3 weeks later...
Â