Eric Lichaj

Rob182

Good player - He is a RB though. He looks good going forward from the right.

On the left, naturally your going to lack confidence playing in a shit team struggling, with a LB in Warnock playing on the wing in front of you, with tactics to exclude all wing play and lump it to Heskey.. Also today he was up against Lennon.

Since he came back he has been my favourite player, a thinking defender and by god do we need one of them.

He has worked hard, used his body excellently in making up for his lack of raw pace (and seems to be getting better at it with every game), he is also happy to make a pass and understands how to cover for mistakes and wandering players.

All as a right footer of the left.

He can't be criticised too much for his lack of forward ability because actually he does have some, but he is an uncomplicated player, plays on the wrong side and so has shown some caution instead of comfort.

He has done excellently and it's a shame Warnock didn't get the nod with Hutton being dropped, I think Lichaj has most definitely deserved to play his natural right back position on the last day of the season.

Quite easily the best full back we have. Numerous vital challenges made in the final third to deny teams a shot on goal, good strength against blokes far bigger than him and gets in dangerous positions if given licence to do so, provided the winger does the right thing too.

• 2 months later...

Think he just about deserves a thread of his own. Has improved immensely since joining the club and I hope he's given a shot this season to cement a place. I was surprised McLeish only gave him a few starts last season, well not surprised as such, more disappointed.

He is, at the very least, solid. I like him.

(Sorry to Bicks!)

I think Eric Lichaj is a good player has the potential to be a great one. Very raw at the moment and will benefit from the experience of first team games (Even if coming on as a substitute) and learning from those with more experience around him in the first team.

He looked much better at right back that left back in my opinion. He was slightly more comfortable defensively at right back, but there isn't much in it... the major difference was he actually offered something going forward at right back, presumably because the ball was played onto his stronger side, but seemed uncomfortable doing so at left back.

I don't think he will pull up any trees like Walker did but I do think he can be a very solid player for us if given the chance. I think that chance revolves around whether Hutton leaves.

I don't rate Hutton, but I don't think Walker 'pulled up trees'.

I agree Baz, defensively he was weak, very weak, he still is too tbh but lots of people seem to prefer full backs that attack to full backs that can defend. Me? I like defenders to defend first of all, if they can attack every now and again, it is a bonus.

Lichaj at RB is defensively better than Walker & Hutton by long margins

Â