Eric Lichaj

Rob182

Not that this is saying much, because it certainly isn't, I think Lichaj is clearly our best fullback now on either side. When you factor in that he's one of our kids, he has a fantastic attitude and work rate and that he is our youngest and cheapest of our fullback options I'm optimistic about his future here.

I think he has been one of the few bright spots from the season overall.

Average player, just about sums us up

You're either trolling or incredibly stupid.

Lichaj has the pace to keep up with any fullback plus he is pretty smart with his position. He places his body well and out waits the attacker to make the tackle. He waits for the attacker to mess up or try a move then he strikes. Really bright future. If he were playing in his natural RB spot I think he'd be much more of a threat going down the line cause he has a decent cross. He is more tentative to attack down the left.

Average player, just about sums us up

You're either trolling or incredibly stupid.

Lichaj has the pace to keep up with any fullback plus he is pretty smart with his position. He places his body well and out waits the attacker to make the tackle. He waits for the attacker to mess up or try a move then he strikes. Really bright future. If he were playing in his natural RB spot I think he'd be much more of a threat going down the line cause he has a decent cross. He is more tentative to attack down the left.

I like your assessment of his defensive style. He does a pretty good job of combining intelligence, athleticism and work rate if you ask me. Also, I agree that he is much more of an attacking threat down the right hand side but he has a decent left foot cross on him and the long throw can be a real weapon on either side. The problem is we don't control the ball well enough in wide areas high up the pitch to get enough long throw opportunities.

I think his attacking is a combination of two things.

First, he doesn't link up with whoever plays LM well. I think this is partly due to the inconsistency of Albrighton when plays on that side (woeful crosses) and N'Zogbia can't really cut in when he plays down the left and forces Lichaj to come inside instead.

He's also naturally right-footed and he was a lot better vs Chelsea going down the right instead of the left.

Thought he played well again but could really benefit from having consistency at whoever plays LM.

Lichaj is awesome! He looks like the model full back, very good at defending, uses his brain in sticky situations and is decent at attacking. Hopefully first team regular next season at right back, with hopefully a new left back in place.

Come up against some of the best wingers in the Premier League and acquitted himself brilliant. Bale last season, Valencia at Old Trafford, Lennon today.

But gave the ball away whenever in a promising position. Limited player, good backup but should never be a starter...

We need a better squad.

I seldom disagree with what you write PV, but I think you're being harsh on Lichaj. We have real problems in the squad, and Lichaj isn't one of them. He's the best full back we have, and I can't see us buying two more in the transfer window.

Â