Eric Lichaj

Rob182

Has very good recovery pace and really looks a much more solid player than when he had a short run last season.

He has the ability to offer us something going forward to which he is not really showing at the moment. He's just bedding into the team and first team squad and is (probably correctly) just keeping things solid.

For the ressys though he has shown a few times the ability to take his man on and get good crosses or shots in.

• 2 weeks later...

I stated much earlier in the thread that Lichaj is limited in quality and what i have seen to date has given me no reason to change my mind about him. We should be looking at signing someone better and possibly keeping Lichaj as a squad player.

he seems to be one of those players who attracts very diverse views. Numerous pundits , supporters really rate him. To me he has been run ragged in every game. Lets hope he has a stormer if selected on sat.!

I stated much earlier in the thread that Lichaj is limited in quality and what i have seen to date has given me no reason to change my mind about him. We should be looking at signing someone better and possibly keeping Lichaj as a squad player.

So are you saying that Lichaj should be dropped from tommorows team and be replaced by Warnock or Hutton

I think Lichaj has done alright. He has certainly outperformed Hutton when called upon. I think he has progressed this season and I don't think we've seen enough to be able to categorically say whether he is or isn't good enough to make it. In my opinion I've seen enough to suggest he will make it. The rest is just the usual rough edges you get with youth and a lack of experience. I certainly hope he isn't dropped for Saturday, though given the enormity of the game it wouldn't surprise me if McLeish went with his most experienced line up possible - and while I wouldn't like it, I would understand it.

I think Lichaj has done alright. He has certainly outperformed Hutton when called upon. I think he has progressed this season and I don't think we've seen enough to be able to categorically say whether he is or isn't good enough to make it. In my opinion I've seen enough to suggest he will make it. The rest is just the usual rough edges you get with youth and a lack of experience. I certainly hope he isn't dropped for Saturday, though given the enormity of the game it wouldn't surprise me if McLeish went with his most experienced line up possible - and while I wouldn't like it, I would understand it.

Yes agree,but if he does go for his most experienced line up (and Heaven forbid we loose)

What can be McLeish excuse

So are you saying that Lichaj should be dropped from tommorows team and be replaced by Warnock or Hutton

As you can see from my post i haven't said that. Warnock, Hutton and Lichaj in my very humble opinion are about level in ability. Not really much to choose between them.

My point is is that we should be aiming to get someone better than all three which on present performances shouldn't be hard and before you ask i haven't anyone in mind. Thats up to our manager and scouting network to do that.

As you can see from my post i haven't said that. Warnock, Hutton and Lichaj in my very humble opinion are about level in ability. Not really much to choose between them.

My point is is that we should be aiming to get someone better than all three which on present performances shouldn't be hard and before you ask i haven't anyone in mind. Thats up to our manager and scouting network to do that.

Behave. Warnock and Hutton are garbage. Lichaj is a solid player.

Certainly McLeish isn't that daft to drop the only consistent fullback this season? Hutton has been absolute shit this season barring a couple of games. Warnock has been so inconsistent this season. Lichaj has done pretty well in when called upon. We should be playing him because I don't think one goal has come from his side of the pitch yet.

Certainly McLeish isn't that daft to drop the only consistent fullback this season? Hutton has been absolute shit this season barring a couple of games. Warnock has been so inconsistent this season. Lichaj has done pretty well in when called upon. We should be playing him because I don't think one goal has come from his side of the pitch yet.
He'll drop him. I can guarantee it. Tomorrow we'll see the worst pair of fullbacks in the Premier League back in the starting line-up once again.

He'll drop him. I can guarantee it. Tomorrow we'll see the worst pair of fullbacks in the Premier League back in the starting line-up once again.

I don't know why but I really can't believe McLeish is honestly that stupid. We may see Warnock at LM again. Lichaj has done nothing at all to be dropped. He has even gotten himself a goal plus those throws of his got us a goal. Lichaj has done all that has been asked of him and then some. Lichaj is far younger than those two idiots we currently have at fullback. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

I don't know why but I really can't believe McLeish is honestly that stupid. We may see Warnock at LM again. Lichaj has done nothing at all to be dropped. He has even gotten himself a goal plus those throws of his got us a goal. Lichaj has done all that has been asked of him and then some. Lichaj is far younger than those two idiots we currently have at fullback. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Yeah but this is McLeish we're talking about. He IS that stupid.

I think you're right Mantis, which is a shame. Warnock and Hutton are crap.

He should not drop one guy who has done nothing to lose his place. In fact, Warnock would not even be on the bench! Cuellar at RB and leave the rest of the backline as it was. Gabby RM, Zoggy LM. Weimann up front and a CM 3 of Herd, Gardner & Ireland. IMO of course

Â