The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Good grief, that is horrendous.

Some animals a few divisions down.

If the guy making the tackle was a complete psycho he would have gone in more horizontal. total leg breaker. luckily (if he's not badly injured?) he went in fast, leaning down/standing up. totally clattered him. wipe out, but not a leg breaker.

it's a warning. something Jack needs to address. in response to this players before him (Januzaj, Bale) start to dive in anticipation of the challenge, so their legs are in the air and out the way before the guy arrives. he needs to anticipate without diving too badly.

ideally he would have seen the challenge coming and jumped just as he was getting hit, fall to ground, check to see if his leg was still there, look at the ref, hold arm in air and wag for a card.

While the rest of us battle to stamp diving out of the game, Con will always be there to tell us how it's the right thing to do.

That's not what I said.

This is a challenge all players of his type are set and have to overcome.

Players before him have chosen the dark side.

I'm sure Grealish will be the first of a new generation of skillfull winger/playmakers who find a way to get out of the inevitable without diving.

Rate grealish. But with this comment I wont risk saying anything, because I have nothing to say in reaction which would'nt get me a warning on here??????????????????

That's a straight red card to me! Horrendous! Jack definitely doesn't need to bulk up, he's got great balance, if Ashley Young had Jacks balance he'd be twice the player he is now. The way he dribbles is similar to Ryan Giggs, and Steve McManaman. 

Sorry mate but thats nonsense. If you have a letter from Paul Lambert claiming it then ill hold my hands up. But what do you expect him to do within the next few years ? Bulk up as much as hulk (The football player of course ) ? If jack bulked up LOADS im sure it would slow him down and effect him physically and effect for e.g his balance (Which I think its fair to say is what his main attribute is )

Ashley young is one of the most lightweight wingers going despite him not being the smallest but what happened to him in a villa shirt ? Thats right a move to man utd and starting england games, irrelevant of how he is playing now he ended his villa career on a massive high.

Getting ready for the premier league is key. Sending him to Notts to 'Toughen him up' ill even agree with (but of course not with career threatening challenges like that one). Experience of first team football ill also agree with.

But to say the reason is that hes too lightweight to be in the first team is complete rubbish. If thats the case then poor danny crowley (who jack says is one of the if not the best player hes played with) has absolutely no chance in first team football as I dont see him piling on muscle anytime soon.

Yes hes lightweight and yes I think as we go further on in his career if he got a good build he could be powerful like gareth bale (physicality wise not playimg style) which might help but I think its definitely obvious that is not the reason hes not in the first team squad.

I don't know if that post was directed at me, but just want to say a few things.

I think he would be good enough for the first team right now, ie I think he would have been a better option to be brought instead of Holt in this weekends game. Being lightweight when you play where he does is not a breaking point, especially with a team that plays on the counter, and as you say others have made it. And I don't think anyone meant bulk up loads, I certainly didn't. Gabby went through that and looked a worse player for it, though I think eventually he found his ideal size. I'm no expert but I don't think balance would be affected negatively by it. Look at Hazard, Isco, etc. They are really agile, have fantastic balance and pace to beat a defender, but also the strength to withstand a shoulder charge. The likes of Ronaldo and Bale have the perfect build to aim for IMO. They are extremly strong and explosive, but they are far from being hindered by it.

• Like 2

Aha nah it wasnt intended to you mate. But even still everyone can have their opinion. Just saying that none of us know the facts of why hes not in the first team but im sure a premier league manager doesnt hasnt based it just on that.

Edit: To villanusa hes 10 stone 10 according to websites and I think that must have been within the past few months because hes at notts county on it. Tbh i know a lot about jack but never considered watching him on the scales aha

Edited by kevangrealish

Poor challenge but Jack will cop a few of those over his career, that I have no doubt.

This thing about him baulking up makes me laugh, I remember seeing Sid as a youngster and he must have been 8 stone wet through in a league that took no prisoners back then.

Sid was special and from what I have seen and heard of Jack so is he, I just hope Lambert isn't the idiot I suspect he is as I hope that next season we start to see Jack break through into the 1st team. Watching our deadbeat midfielder's create nothing is driving me nuts.

He's only 18. The muscle will come eventually.

This.

You can see visually he has developed a lot physically in the last year and there is still some way to go. Look at Ronaldo when Utd bought and what he became a few years later.

Not saying Jack will do (then we would really be onto something!) but there is still a long way to go for him

Horrendous tackle! can't believe he didn't even get a yellow, it's a a straight red every day of the week!

When he gets in to the first team squad premiere league defenders won't be allowed to get away with challenges like that against him.

I was really hoping to see him get a chance in the first team this season,he looks to have come on loads at Notts, on the plus side finish the season there progress and learn more. I am really excited to see what he can do next year, we are starved of exciting signing's these days this would bring some real excitement to the first team IMO.

Â