The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

At this stage he would benefit being around better players. I don't think he gains anything from being around our youth team now. Hope that was his last game for them.

It would be good for him to be on the bench against Liverpool and come on as a sub. I'd still probably send him back to Notts County but a debut appearance would be good for him and I don't think he'd be any worse than our other options.

Looked a different level to the rest of the youth players, his experience playing proper football told. Too good for that level. All opposition could do was foul him, had no answers when it came to getting the ball off him. He shouldn't have to play for the U18's again in my opinion.

Edited by VillaRoy

I must have been watching a different game.

I thought he struggled to impose himself on what was a really really poor standard of football. Thought Villa as a whole were struggling to do the basics and as a result they didn't get him on the ball enough. 

He had a few decent runs and nice touches but if he really was a "class above" then he should have been a much bigger threat given the defending on both sides was a shambles.

To use that game as an example of why he should be in the first team is bizarre in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong I am a big fan of Jack and have no doubt he will get there, but he can play much much better than that and I think judging by his twitter statements he agrees.

I think a few of you here either didn't watch the game or watched it with some serious rose tinted glasses.

• Like 1

I thought he struggled to impose himself on what was a really really poor standard of football. Thought Villa as a whole were struggling to do the basics and as a result they didn't get him on the ball enough. 

He had a few decent runs and nice touches but if he really was a "class above" then he should have been a much bigger threat given the defending on both sides was a shambles.

To use that game as an example of why he should be in the first team is bizarre in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong I am a big fan of Jack and have no doubt he will get there, but he can play much much better than that and I think judging by his twitter statements he agrees.

I think a few of you here either didn't watch the game or watched it with some serious rose tinted glasses.

Spot on. He was on the margins of the game as were the Villa team. Not his fault though, he did not have the opportunity to impose himself.

We could not retain possession at all and gave the ball away so easily on so many occasions. Passing, free kicks, throw-ins, kick outs! It would crack you up if watching the first team hadn’t conditioned you into tolerating it!

Of course he would face the exact same problems in our first team, at the moment so maybe he is better off at Notts!

Spot on. He was on the margins of the game as were the Villa team. Not his fault though, he did not have the opportunity to impose himself.

We could not retain possession at all and gave the ball away so easily on so many occasions. Passing, free kicks, throw-ins, kick outs! It would crack you up if watching the first team hadn’t conditioned you into tolerating it!

Of course he would face the exact same problems in our first team, at the moment so maybe he is better off at Notts!

Did you see the whole game? He was quality in the first half and then the first ten minutes of the second half. Then faded.

Did you see the whole game? He was quality in the first half and then the first ten minutes of the second half. Then faded.

Yeah I watched the whole game, as Villastine said it was painful, just like watching the first team.

Jack was OK in the first half, didn't get the ball much, made a couple of nice runs, gave it away a few times, kept possession well enough at other times but nothing to write home about.

For me this is where he showed that he was better, he barely gave the ball away. At one stage he had it down by the side of our box and just kept the ball instead of kicking it away even when under pressure, then he passed it to an open team mate who just hoofed it out for a throw.

Is he categorically better than some of our players? Yeah, probably better than Tonev, Weimann, and Bowery so far.

But I understand keeping him away and letting him continue at Notts. He can still improve and it might be better to keep him away from the toxic atmosphere at VP. Imagine if someone in our crowd started heckling him then. Plus, they boo you if you're not amazing within the first three games and while he has more skill than some of our playwrs, I would be amazed if he dominated games.

He will be great but maybe best to keep him under the radar for now

• Like 1

Jack said he wasn't happy with his overall performance and I was out all of last night so I couldnt watch the game. Came back late and watched the game- we recorded it. Was thinking ahh this isn't going to be good at all then.

Was very very surprised. Liverpool looked the better side a lot of the game. It was a terrible performance by the villa u18s, even our goal was a fluke. First time Jacks played with them and I can now see why. Wont go into details on players but villa only had little bits of dominance and it was clear they just wasnt up to it.

On jacks performance he didnt shine last night, I'd probably give him a 7/10. Cannot fault him for what he done because as mentioned if you watched closely nearly every time Jack was on the ball he never gave it away, given that this is jacks age group you'd expect that. Always drawing fouls or passing it onto another villa player. Its not often a player will take on 3 or 4 players on his own then slot it past the keeper against a Liverpool u18s side. Jacks creativity seemed decent when he was putting in a few through balls and his dribbling was as normal pretty good. I also noticed he was literally all over the pitch including a lot of tracking back for the team which was good to see but also hindered him as he was wearing himself down.

Not making any sort of excuses because as you can say jacks been out on loan and probably should be doing better at this level. Personally i was expecting him to have a shocker, but i was pretty surprised. He was a class above and even Liverpool fans have agreed with it aswell. The final thing is... that its a team game.

Edited by kevangrealish
  • Like 1

That’s a fair assessment Kev.

As I said above I was very disappointed with the team’s performance. No as bad as last years hammering by Posh though!

Jack is a phenomenal talent for his age. PL could take the safe option and end his loan, stick him the 21s and have him available for the first team.

However it may be better for Jack to allow him return to Notts, guaranteed football and learning.

• Like 1

Changing the subject slightly, maybe this is the real reason Daniel Crowley left for Arsenal. Our current crop of U18s are abysmal. He wouldn't learn anything.

Same for Jack. Hopefully he continues his improvement at the highest levels he can get to.

Changing the subject slightly, maybe this is the real reason Daniel Crowley left for Arsenal. Our current crop of U18s are abysmal. He wouldn't learn anything.

Same for Jack. Hopefully he continues his improvement at the highest levels he can get to.

Doubt it Con. Crowley was outstanding for them against Posh. He was developing just fine at Villa as is Jack.

I'd say it all about the money £$£€£

Â