The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Disagree with him playing well, he was barely noticeable apart from the assist. Not to say he wasn't the only one, I thought Hourihane was the only midfielder to come out of the game with any credit tbh.

However what a stupid stupid stupid lack of discipline. I am fed up of Jack making mistakes, it's getting to the point where his youth and inexperience isn't an excuse. His naivety and attitude has let us down again. It is no good speaking to the press, saying how much he loves the club, how he's learned from his mistakes and then petulantly act, get sent off which led to us losing the game. This isn't the first time, he was petulant against Wolves, where he got away with it but was later punished and we've seen it before. This is nothing to do with the foul either, it's the original yellow card, completely needless.

I have supported Jack for many many years now, followed him through the academy, and I just feel continually let down recently. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Sorry I thought you meant pace as in the pace that people who don't watch villa think Gabby Agbonlahor has. 

I meant both. He lacks pace to beat a man and lacks the quick pass to beat people.

He has nice touches, good composure, a neat turn but it's all largely pointless.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's not his lack of pace that's the problem it's his speed of pass. He takes an age to do anything and seems shocked when he gets tackled dwelling on the ball. You might get lots of time playing U-21 football but not at this level. I wonder if he has ever played a one touch pass in his career. It's get the ball, take a touch, look around, take a touch, flick your hair, take a touch, look around again, maybe pass or else run down a dead end and give the ball away. The lad needs a lot of coaching. 

Despite just sort of defending him, that's spot on. Our goal, despite being made by Jack with a very good pass, was a fine example of a great finish by a confident, on form player, who doesn't need 2 or 3 touches before he makes his play. 

Think I've had it with this man-child. I've been a big advocate for his talent and potential to come good but he does virtually **** all in games and this evening got himself sent off out of pure stupidity and petulance.

He needs to go away somewhere and grow up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

FA cup semi Final versus Liverpool? I think that's the only time I watched him and thought he looked a player. 

And that's exactly the moment he thought he made it and has done the square root of nothing since.

The only player I've ever seen who takes more pride in his appearance on the pitch rather than the effort required  to win a game. 

Today was an incredible chance for him to prove doubters wrong - he couldn't have messed it up more if he had tried

Someone on here had him as man of the match, bar the sending off. People must watch a different game to me. He can clearly control a ball and is comfortable on it but in the main he is ineffective - wants too much time, never goes past someone in a dangerous position and only gives a facsimile of defending or pressing the ball.

He will never become the player many predicted - not even the new Lee Hendrie

3 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Today was an incredible chance for him to prove doubters wrong - he couldn't have messed it up more if he had tried

Someone on here had him as man of the match, bar the sending off. People must watch a different game to me. He can clearly control a ball and is comfortable on it but in the main he is ineffective - wants too much time, never goes past someone in a dangerous position and only gives a facsimile of defending or pressing the ball.

He will never become the player many predicted - not even the new Lee Hendrie

Well yeah, that was obvious when you criticised his pass against Preston. 

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Genuine question. When was he last 'brilliant'?

Genuine question, when was the last time an Aston villa player was "brilliant" and why are you exepecting a 21 year old to be the answer and slaughtering him when he's not 

• Like 1

my defence of jack is based on simple things

1) the impression he's the lord and saviour of aston villa - we're a shit team, we've been relegated, we're doing shit in the championship, the clubs marketing department has decided to stick jack on the face of everything, their twitter account is basically jack with a fan, in reality hes a kid who in 29 games for us this season has started 17 games, last season we played 38 league games, jack featured in 16 of them, we are told by all and sundry at the club that he's a massive key player for us - he's not, he's a bit part player

2) he's doing worse than everyone else - again, he's not , he's part of the rot, his goal and assist are shit, so were ayews, so are just about everyone who's played for us in the last couple of years, our team stats are shit, he has 1 assist in 20 games or whatever, who in our team has stats to proud of? our strikers are doing shit, our attacking midfielders are doing shit, our old ones our new ones, they are doing shit...

i dont know what people expect, jack to lead the team to promotion, controlling games, setting up goal after goal running round teams, based on what? the villa marketing team sticking him on the face of the calendar? him being part of the winning villa next gen team? or that because grealish has more PL starts than the other 35 players from that next gen final combined that people think he should be doing more... 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Genuine question, when was the last time an Aston villa player was "brilliant" and why are you exepecting a 21 year old to be the answer and slaughtering him when he's not 

Well it's not a genuine question but I'll answer anyway...

I don't know when the last time a Villa player was brilliant was, that was in part my original point, if I had to hazard a guess though it would be Benteke.

The point was someone said "when he is on it he is brilliant", I asked when exactly that had been. Because I can't ever remember watching Grealish and thinking he was brilliant, the closes he has come I guess was Liverpool at Wembley.

As for me expecting Grealish to be the "answer" you are massively barking up the wrong tree. I don't expect him to be the answer, in fact I don't particularly rate him and never have, I wouldn't have him in the team.

So no I don't expect him to be the answer and I'm not slaughtering him for it being it.

I'm being critical of him for his moronic sending off and for his general play. 

I'm tired of his lack of progression as a player and for anything even remotely resembling good judgment on or off the pitch.

I like many others paid good money to be at the game today only to see his petulance and stupidity cost us any chance of three points or even one point.

I don't expect him to be brilliant, I don't think he is capable, I'd just like him not to be a prat sadly I'm not sure he is capable of that either.

Well, I just don't know.

A really nice assist to be fair, we need to see that well timed passing a lot more. I thought he put a shift in first half myself but just negated anything good he did by being so petulant. I don't think we should expect too much more from him over the next couple of years unless he can mature fast. He has an amazing opportunity laid out in front of him right now. But he needs to wise up.

I was a bit OTT earlier on but that 2nd card. So utterly pointless. Whatever you make of the 1st card is irrelevant. He knew when he walked out for the second half full well he was on a yellow. It's easy to defend a young man who is caught out drinking, chasing the skirt and errors of judgement under the spotlight of the modern press. It's hard to defend a professional footballer whose career seems to be stalling when the problem appears from the outside to be down to application.

Let everyone down today.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the 2nd is soft as shit too, just left a leg out its not a bad tackle

When you're already on a yellow and the ball is in their last 3rd it's a bad tackle. 

Naive, at the very least, he's been playing a good standard of football long enough now to know that it's an instant yellow for a 'tackle' like that. He's left his team mates in the lurch for something so easily avoidable. His age isn't an excuse, he's got decent experience by now. A good assist ruined by being a petulant boy. I want him to succeed but time and again he gives the fans reasons as to why we can't trust him on the pitch, regardless of the good charity stuff he does off of it. Sort it out, Jack. 

Â