The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He has more potential than any other player we have had for years and that's why we should have faith in him and keep hold of him for at least another season, swapping for a bread and butter player or a striker who isn't good enough for the premier league would be at a high risk  of another Cahill type blunder, As for social media abuse who's to say it's from villa fans, any muppet can register any throw abuse about .

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, tinker said:

As for social media abuse who's to say it's from villa fans, any muppet can register any throw abuse about .

we have our fair share of idiots, i wouldnt be surprised if it was out own fans, we still have fans who still seem to base their opinion of him on his hair cut and shin pads

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

we have our fair share of idiots, i wouldnt be surprised if it was out own fans, we still have fans who still seem to base their opinion of him on his hair cut and shin pads

They ain't fans 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

But IMO we stand to gain more if he reaches his potential than lose if he becomes awful. I also think he's more more likely to improve than to get worse. If he does improve, we may at worst take a few £ hit - though a lack of improvement and the footballing market will probably see us actually make more. We're also a under the assumption that we're not desperate for money, so grabbing a few million now doesn't really make much sense.

I don't know what his trajectory will be, anymore than anyone else does.  But I am less optimistic than most posters seem to be.  I think he has the skill and the intelligence.  I agreed with one poster who said he didn't have the mentality but that created confusion and argument because "mentality" can mean lots of things to lots of people.  Maybe a better term would be he lacks the "eye of the tiger"  I think he enjoys ghosting past an opponent with the ball (that's really good by the way) but he is content with that.  Rather than saying to himself.  "now that I'm past that loser, I'll leave him humiliated by it, by putting his team to the sword on the back of his error."  Instead, Jack seems OK with "now that I'm past him, I can't wait to do that to him again."

Am I projecting attitude, YES.  I'll admit it.  But it is my perception.   And that "eye of the tiger" to destroy the opponent rather than look really smooth embarassing them, is what I think is missing, and I'm not at all sure it can be coached.  Either a player has the drive to humiliate and opponent, or the drive to look classy and talented.  So, yes I am open to a deal for him.  if someone offered us 10 million I would laugh in their face.  if they offered 11, I would say hell no without hesitation.  If they offered 25, I would take it and use it in the summer window.

Might he prove me wrong, reach his clear potential and make me look a fool.  Yep.  But, if he does not develop, (which I think is likely) he will never have any higher value than he does right now, when some other team is willing to pay for his potential. 

• Like 1

got some pelters for his yellow card

the frustrating thing for me is you'll see that 10-20 times a game, he's carried on playing, he hasnt smashed it away so they cant take a free kick, he hasnt picked the ball up taken 30 seconds before throwing it over the head of the bloke about to take the free kick, he's played a 10 yard pass in to the feet of another player after the whistle has gone

it was a yellow within the rules of the game but at the same time in terms of good reffing and consistency a bit of an unecessary decision...but anything to jump on jacks back...

id kind of liken it to van persie vs barca where all he's done is carried on playing

the other obvious thing about it being thor's tackle should probably have been a yellow

I don't want to see Grealish for a while. He showed his quality with the assist, but again showed that he can't be consistent and dominant at this level, drifted in and out of the game, looked very pedestrian, and now stupid decisions have cost him big time.

First one. Stupid childish act of petulance.

Second one. See your teammate chasing back to win the ball back. Do I just stay with my man, and let my teammate make the runner check back...or do I just kick him?

Moron.

It won't be Jack's fault though. Never is. Club's fault. Lambert's fault. Garde's fault.

Edited by rodders0223

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

First one. Stupid childish act of petulance.

thats where i disagree, hogans was a stupid childish act of petulance...but of course you're not allowed to say that...what he actually did was more or less nothing, 99/100 its not a yellow, the 2nd is soft as shit too, just left a leg out its not a bad tackle

Â