The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

At least his cards distract attention from the real issue... that he lacks either the pace or speed of pass to even be remotely effective.

He is a completely ineffective player.

The opposite from me - he was our best player and having a very decent game until he reminded everybody he's a complete idiot.

I think the suspension will be the least of his worries - we might not see him for while.

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

In the same foul and a half years, or over 50 games for Villa, no other player has been caught stamping on a player nor had their mug splashed over newspapers.

I don't really understand what your point is here.  He's doing stupid things and it's entirely his fault.

that is my point, ive made it before, he's 21 years old playing for a mid table championship team, no other player at that level is anywhere the newspapers, no other player at that level is the face of their football club, which constantly bangs a drum trying to tell everyone how massive they are...grealish is playing under circumstances that im not actually sure who the last villa player to be under similar circumstances would be, hendrie would be close and we know how that ended up, no other villa player is in the papers because no one actually gives a **** about any other villa player, not because they're any different

forget todays game, the drinking stuff IMO the club threw him under a bus rather than protecting him, i dont think he's recovered and i certainly dont think fans have forgiven him for an indiscretion that got blown way out of proportion

jack grealish, the "bad boy" of aston villa, the huge prospect with the potential to save aston villa from the rot of the last 10 years, thie future england star...everything about jack is nonsense but only a portion of it is actually his fault

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

that is my point, ive made it before, he's 21 years old playing for a mid table championship team, no other player at that level is anywhere the newspapers, no other player at that level is the face of their football club, which constantly bangs a drum trying to tell everyone how massive they are...grealish is playing under circumstances that im not actually sure who the last villa player to be under similar circumstances would be, hendrie would be close and we know how that ended up

forget todays game, the drinking stuff IMO the club threw him under a bus rather than protecting him, i dont think he's recovered and i certainly dont think fans have forgiven him for an indiscretion that got blown way out of proportion

jack grealish, the "bad boy" of aston villa, the huge prospect with the potential to save aston villa from the rot of the last 10 years, thie future england star...everything about jack is nonsense but only a portion of it is actually his fault

No, you're wrong.  He's making those decisions.  The club didn't make him kick out at Coady.  The club didn't kick the ball away today.  Hell, the club didn't send him away drinking in the public eye.  If he was achieving great things in the game, he'd get more discretion because he'd be a valuable player right now.  Is he in that position?  No.  So there's pretty much only negatives surrounding him.

He's young and naive, but he's in control of what he's doing and needs to grow up.  Plenty of potential there, but it's been potential for, as you say, four and a half years or 50 games.  He hasn't improved.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The opposite from me - he was our best player and having a very decent game until he reminded everybody he's a complete idiot.

I think the suspension will be the least of his worries - we might not see him for while.

I Must have been watching a different game. I thought he was one our weaker players. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm finished with him. He's got talent but he's a petulant child. Doesn't have the mentality to make it even in the second tier.

Agreed. Thats why i was hoping the Middlesbrough link was true, this guy will end up tossing away his career in the lower leagues. 

37 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

At least his cards distract attention from the real issue... that he lacks either the pace or speed of pass to even be remotely effective.

Absolutely. You know I've seen him compared to Lee Hendrie recently, the bloke isn't fit to wear Hendrie's boots. 

Whether he's good or bad which seems to be split opinion on here, he's a luxury we can't afford at the moment given his style. Needs to be put on the bench for a fair while and let's get our style sorted and confidence back in the team.

Like many people I think Grealish has a long way to go before he's "made it". If he ever does. However the fire directed at him tonight, although coming from the heart, is a little harsh. His second booking was unwise, but really not malicious. The first booking was frankly ridiculous. Yes he's a very easy target when things are going wrong, and he has brought that on himself. But when was the last time any of us saw a booking for kicking the ball away in the first half at nil nil? Besides that, it looked like he kicked it to their goalie, not into row Z. The ref wanted his moment and added to it by booking Hogan for not retreating quickly enough. Has anyone seen that happen in the first half very often either?

We can all look at reasons, and find, mostly justifiably, reasons for every defeat. Yes Johnstone spilt the ball, but so did their goalie but it bounced away harmlessly. We are going through a period when we can buy a win. Coming on top of the last 5 or 6 years compounds the depression for us and also is in part the reason. I'm not trying to make excuses for anyone, but sometimes in life, as many of us know,  everything just goes to shit no matter what you do. But also, those of us who have got past 50, know that eventually the sun comes out again. 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

It's not his lack of pace that's the problem it's his speed of pass. He takes an age to do anything and seems shocked when he gets tackled dwelling on the ball. You might get lots of time playing U-21 football but not at this level. I wonder if he has ever played a one touch pass in his career. It's get the ball, take a touch, look around, take a touch, flick your hair, take a touch, look around again, maybe pass or else run down a dead end and give the ball away. The lad needs a lot of coaching. 

• Like 1

Just now, villa89 said:

It's not his lack of pace that's the problem it's his speed of pass. He takes an age to do anything and seems shocked when he gets tackled dwelling on the ball. You might get lots of time playing U-21 football but not at this level. I wonder if he has ever played a one touch pass in his career. It's get the ball, take a touch, look around, take a touch, flick your hair, take a touch, look around again, maybe pass or else run down a dead end and give the ball away. The lad needs a lot of coaching. 

That's what I meant.

Â