The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm finished with him. He's got talent but he's a petulant child. Doesn't have the mentality to make it even in the second tier.

He isn't learning. Petulant child is exactly what he is. 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

i disagree that its nailed on, you see it multiple times every game with no yellow card

My point is that it's not a "harsh yellow".  It's a yellow that you run the risk of getting by doing something as stupid as that - everyone knows it!

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

My point is that it's not a "harsh yellow".  It's a yellow that you run the risk of getting by doing something as stupid as that - everyone knows it!

spin it another way then, hogan's yellow card for kicking the ball away was more blatant and stupid than jacks but i can almost guarantee theres nobody in the hogan thread calling him a **** idiot and saying we should sell him...

spin it another way then, hogan's yellow card for kicking the ball away was more blatant and stupid than jacks but i can almost guarantee theres nobody in the hogan thread calling him a **** idiot and saying we should sell him...

Did I miss Scott Hogan getting sent off for 2 daft yellow cards or something?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes but some refs might show a bit more leniency. It wasn't exactly a kick into the stands, more like a tap.

I have never seen a ref fail to book a player who does that. 

• Like 1

Because Jack does stupid things A LOT!

no he doesnt, we've just been sold the impression that does thanks to the microscope that he's under

Well he's picked up a 3 match ban for kicking out at a Wolves player and now been sent off for 2 yellows, one of which was for kicking the ball away.  That's a little bit of stupidity right there.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

He is a completely ineffective player.

thats where i do agree...he's not playing well enough, he's not involved enough...but at the same time he's one of several players, including based on today the new signings, who you can say exactly the same about

Just now, TrentVilla said:

At least his cards distract attention from the real issue... that he lacks either the pace or speed of pass to even be remotely effective.

Disagree - I think he's a decent link up player.  He's good at holding up the ball and playing decent passes; see to Kodjia for the goal, holding up the ball and playing in Hourihane second half where Bree had a chance.  He's good at that and beating a man with close control.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Well he's picked up a 3 match ban for kicking out at a Wolves player and now been sent off for 2 yellows, one of which was for kicking the ball away.  That's a little bit of stupidity right there.

yep in four a half years and 50 games now at villa he's been sent off once, caught stamping on a player once and been caught drinking twice... that is a lot

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

At least his cards distract attention from the real issue... that he lacks either the pace or speed of pass to even be remotely effective.

Bang on. You could almost forgive him if he had a storming game up to that point but one fient to shoot and pass aside he was probably the most anonymous player on the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yep in four a half years and 50 games now at villa he's been sent off once, caught stamping on a player once and been caught drinking twice... that is a lot

In the same four and a half years, or over 50 games for Villa, no other player has been caught stamping on a player nor had their mug splashed over newspapers on drinking binges.

I don't really understand what your point is here.  He's doing stupid things and it's entirely his fault.

Edited by bobzy

Â