The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, McGregor's Ghost said:

If Grealish wasn't one of our "own" he would get far less sympathy. All fart and no shit, he and more importantly his family, think that he is something far more than his is. If he was that good He should be tearing this league apart regardless of the midfield he's been playing with. He hasn't been and that's because in my opinion he's not that good. Flog him for Rhodes. Rhode's goals in the championship are guaranteed. Jedi or Adomah, Thor, Conor, Lansbury, kodija and Rhodes. That will get us to 6th and if we finish in the playoffs with that form we get promoted and Jack then wouldnt even get on our bench.

How's it more important what his family thinks? Le question genuine

Where does he fit in with signings we've made? Left wing with Bjarnson and Adomah fighting for RW or 2/3 of those for both wing spots? No Jedi and him playing in front of mid 4 and behind Kodjia? On the bench as 2nd half sub?

Legitimate question

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Where does he fit in with signings we've made? Left wing with Bjarnson and Adomah fighting for RW or 2/3 of those for both wing spots? No Jedi and him playing in front of mid 4 and behind Kodjia? On the bench as 2nd half sub?

Legitimate question

That for me

He's been the only midfield player the opposition had to mark,  now we have players that will demand more attention from the opposition he should get more space in dangerous areas , he will flourish .

• Like 2

Wouldn't be as bothered as many if he did go but overall Don't think we should sell him. Would like to see him with better midfield and more competition for places which we now have. But must now push on, so far not living up to potential and needs to do much better. If he is still playing as inconsistently this time next year move him on. Personally think if he is to really make it and live up to the hype it won't be at Villa. Sometimes players are to close to a club and often think that's the case with Jack

I really do have mixed views on this one.

there is part of me that would like to see Jack perform( probably from the bench, don't see him as a 90 minute player, yet) with the new durable midfield.

However, when we comment on our players, Westwood, Jack, Hutton, Gardner........I keep hearing that with better players they will be better.it could be a legitimate claim, but it could equally be a red herring too.

These new players have come in to gain us promotion not to chaperone players who have been struggling and now need to get their games back on track.

I think we need to be careful, that we don't start being sentimental and make excuses for some woeful football displays.

I genuinely don't know if it would be good or not if Jack goes, would like to see him, perform with the new mids......but I will trust the club to make the right decision.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Legitimate question

Bjarnason wont be played wide

10 hours ago, McGregor's Ghost said:

If Grealish wasn't one of our "own" he would get far less sympathy.

There's definitely a bit of that. It's why Traore got torn to shreds and some people still take delight in the lesser developed aspects of this game. They're almost the same age.

But then, that's just the nature of football, I guess. The fans always like to see their own youth players doing well, and they'll always be a lot more defensive of them, too. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sorry, but how do you know this?

I'm sure when he signed Bruce says he sees him as more of a central player. I think he will play in a midfield 3 with Hourihane and Lansbury

8 hours ago, osmark86 said:

How's it more important what his family thinks? Le question genuine

He's a young player who has done the square root of nothing yet in his career apart from a handful of decent performances and attracting a series of unsavoury headlines. I'd question whether his family are giving him the right advice. If it was abundantly clear that he was knuckling down to make the most of his career I'd have a different view but my sense is that he is more bothered about having the trappings of a footballer's lifestyle. That's why I really wouldn't be bothered if we did sell him.

12 hours ago, brommy said:

How can anyone think it is bad business without yet knowing that Jack is leaving and for exactly how much?

Because let's say he is an average player who never looks out of place and performs a 7 all the time.
Imo that is worth an easy £30m and you also get the fact he is a Villa fan so that will add spice to his game.

When you consider what we have wasted over a decade to get a player who plays a 7 every game, and we still haven't got him, then suddenly £30m doesn't seem that great. 
He might not make it but that's a judgement for the management and so in that regard your point makes sense, however at 21 I think that's a tough judgement to make even for a top coach.

3 hours ago, KHV said:

Bjarnason wont be played wide

Not sure you can say that at this moment. We've been playing a narrow front 3 for a while now and it seems our managers still like it. 
We only have Adomah to play wide so someone else will have to and has been. Why not a hard working all action player?

If Hour sits along Jedinak and Kodija plays up top who goes out wide? I can't see us playing a narrow formation with 2 up top.

36 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Not sure you can say that at this moment. We've been playing a narrow front 3 for a while now and it seems our managers still like it. 
We only have Adomah to play wide so someone else will have to and has been. Why not a hard working all action player?

If Hour sits along Jedinak and Kodija plays up top who goes out wide? I can't see us playing a narrow formation with 2 up top.

4-3-2-1, Adomah and Grealish either side of Kodjia up top. Midfield 3 of Bjarnason, Lansbury and Hourihane is how I think we will go. We may get another wide player in too and get rid of Grealish?

• Like 1

Â