The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

What? He'll be one of the first names on the team sheet when he's back fit

I don't think he will be

Me either but I'd love to see him in the team ahead of Westwood.

Gana - Vertout  

Sinclair - Grealish - Ayew

"Rudy Rudy Rudy"

:o

Edited by villa89

IMHO it's not in the least bit realistic to suggest Grealish should go out on loan. It would be utter bloody madness.

I'm not sure it would.

Is he a guaranteed, 100%, first team player at all times this season?  If so, don't loan him.  If not, would a loan do him any harm?

I don't think there are many "guaranteed 100% first team player at all times this season" players in the squad, so, again, I think the yardstick you are using in order to justify sending him on loan is unrealistic as it would probably trip up 90% of the other players too.

Jordan Amavi, Ciaran Clark, Micah Richards and Idrissa Gueye will play every game when fit.

Grealish's competition for places is (presumably?) Carles Gil, Scott Sinclair, Jordan Ayew (assumed?), Joe Cole and (if we sign him) Adama Traore.  2 of these players have been brought by Sherwood, so you'd think they'll play quite a bit.

Grealish is 19 and on the back of making a big impression at the end of last season.  If he isn't going to be first choice, a loan really isn't "utter bloody madness" - it would actually be beneficial for his development.

• Like 1

Random prediction for the season: Jack will have the highest "foul drawn" to minutes played ratio in the league this season. Hopefully we'll score a bucketful from those set pieces. 

Well let's see what happens.

I don't think he'll be loaned - and, for me, I'd rather see him start every game.

I just don't think it'd be quite as ridiculous as some are making out if he does go on loan, given the competition for places that we seemingly now have.

• Like 1

What? He'll be one of the first names on the team sheet when he's back fit

I don't think he will be

Me either but I'd love to see him in the team ahead of Westwood.

Gana - Vertout  

Sinclair - Grealish - Ayew

"Rudy Rudy Rudy"

No Gil???

Villa89 out!

We have options now. ALL of those options will be used this season. In my view none of the players who could be regarded as competition to Grealish will play every game and all of the time.  I'd say it'll be divvied up fairly equally. I also believe that amongst that list of players Grealish is one of; if not the best.

So not only do I not think he will go out on loan, I find it strange that anyone would want one of our best options to be removed from the equation, especially if; as some suspect could happen; he ends up this season being the pick of the bunch.

Hence why I said madness.

• Like 1

Random prediction for the season: Jack will have the highest "foul drawn" to minutes played ratio in the league this season. Hopefully we'll score a bucketful from those set pieces.

At the very least that's a massive reason for him to play. Foul, freekick, Gestede, goal.

I'm genuinely quite baffled that loaning him out is a serious suggestion

Someone has been on the hippie crack

Great post. Put some real thought into that I can tell...

I've given reasons for why I believe it would help us and Jack develop. It's not as if I have suggested selling him!

I'm genuinely quite baffled that loaning him out is a serious suggestion

Someone has been on the hippie crack

Great post. Put some real thought into that I can tell...

I've given reasons for why I believe it would help us and Jack develop. It's not as if I have suggested selling him!

Totes hippie crack ;)

• Like 1

He's already made the jump...

I need a GTFO GIF, stat.

(Interesting fact, that don't actually say "stat" in hospitals. A doctor told me this)

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Grealish should and will play more than enough minutes this season to continue his development and he has some good pros now to learn from. I am a big fan of getting kids out on loan to grow as players and people but not here. He will be playing games. I don't want him loaned out to some club who are going to harm him at this stage and be on that merry go round. He is too special. I am thinking Mceachran and Chalobah off the top of my head.

The only thing guaranteed under Sherwood is chances. I fully expect Grealish to be given his as soon as he's fit.

Too many kids from the FM generation thinking they can loan a wonderkid to to the Championship for a month's fitness drive.

Â