The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Should NOT have had all that pantomime at the training camp.

It was played out publicly to make it clear we were trying to keep him and that it was his decision, I reckon. 

The biggest disappointment is that he clearly doesn't love the club as much as many of us hoped he does. But like I said before the liking of tweets about big clubs over the years has proven this already.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

I never came here to troll, but fully expected some to take their frustrations out on opposition fans.  Goes with territory on every sports message board.

Look if this turns out to be the real situation then spend the 100 million well.  I have no ill will towards Villa, and hope they have a good season.

Good luck.

Visiting supporters are always welcome in VT, and for the most part they are respectful  and even insightful.

Cheers bud. Good luck to you too, you won’t need it! 😆 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

No booing but no clapping from me.

Nah, he can have a good clap leaving the pitch after we've beaten them.

Edited by sidcow

2 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

please please please don't retire his shirt number 🤣

bet there are a fair few people that are glad that the club shop ran out of E's the other day as well

Buendia will take it I think

Lets face it the writing has been on the wall for days, it was blind optimism that made us think otherwise. 

Reality of the situation is he has been pushing up a move every summer for the past 3 years. All this talk of being loyal, my club, my city is absolute horseshit, he is just another mercenary.

Leaving a week and a half before the season starts is an absolute rat move too, really tarnished his legacy at the Villa unfortunately. 

Time to move on and support the players who actually want to play for our great club 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Jack can't say 'my city, my club, my home', one year and then leave us as we're on the up the next year. Can't have it both ways. Deserves all the stick he gets when he returns to Villa Park

In hindsight was probably PR the club asked him to say when United didn't actually bid for him last summer. All that talk of Wes and Nassef persuading to stay was probably bull as well.

At least he signed a new deal and we got 100 mil for him rather than him running down his contract I suppose.

This summer I was the least worried  that he would leave in the last 4, but then does leave. Its not to do with the club which has improved massively, but more his market value and branding which has gone through the roof after the Euros.

Edited by The Fun Factory

A few have already touched on these points, but I’m at the point where I have accepted the move. From an emotional standpoint, it’s tough to lose a star player who you consider “one of us” as it makes it so much more special when they have success with the club. That said, we are being given the opportunity to really strengthen our overall team and progress if we invest in players wisely. We saw how the performances dropped when he was missing from matches over the past few seasons and if we are ever to progress, we can’t be so reliant on one player who isn’t certain to be available for the majority of the season. At the moment, a team like Citeh can afford that type of luxury. I appreciate his contributions to the club over the past few years, but I trust those behind the scenes to make the best of this situation. I’m also confident that all of the recruitment and investment we are putting into the youth side will bear fruit in the  next few years. Onto the next….

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Should NOT have had all that pantomime at the training camp.

Agreed, and there was no need to turn up at the kit launch at all if this was a likely move. Why even turn up to photo shoots commencing the new season's kit if you weren't to be there for fixture one. All minutiae now I guess. 

Just now, Kingman said:

Looking likely but still nothing officially confirmed, Think they might even play the shin splints card when it comes to the medical to drive the price down further, He's missed 36 games over the last 3 season with the same reoccurring injury so technically missed a seasons worth of gamesin that period!.. He's 26 next month so his inhury recovery time won't get any quicker!.. £100m I would rip their hands off!.. 👍

Although it may seem sour grapes on our part, I’ve thought similar to this from the get go. Don’t get me wrong, Grealish is a fantastic player when in full flow, but I’m not entirely sure how much he has left in him.

Didn’t look anywhere near fit for England every time I saw him in the Euros. Southgate clearly didn’t trust him but there were reports of him missing a lot of training etc which must have contributed to his game time. 

Will be interesting to see how he goes injury wise, assuming he has gone. 

Â