The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

I don't buy his position being an issue, as I believe he has a free role and can more or less do what he wants on the pitch. 

He's definitely not right, though, for whatever reason - and this is absolutely the worst time for him to be going through a trough in form. 

We really need him to pick himself up. 

He's not right because he doesn't keep himself fit when not playing, he likes a drink and a party. It takes him half a dozen games to get going as a result of this. He'll pick up and get back to his best in the last couple of games far too late to save us

9 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Who else that you've heard of? Tottenham are quite unique in that they just spent £1bn on a stadium.

They deferred 25% of their salary for 4 months while there was uncertainty. They'll be getting paid that shortly and it's peanuts in the grand scheme of things anyway.

I'd be interested to see where you've read that matchday income figure as it seems a bit high. Sponsorship deals I guess it remains to be seen. As long as good numbers are still watching on TV I don't see why it would have a big impact on a shirt sponsor for example. 

I'm not sure clubs will want to be debt loading anyway*. It's exactly this reason I think we will see big name players being sold.

*Of course anyone would at the rate Tottenham borrowed at as you'd make a profit just sticking it in the bank and taking the excess interest.

Tottenham was just an example I read about, I guess most clubs that suddenly has a drop in revenue that they have calculated with need to fill the hole somehow, owners pumping in more money or the club taking loans or cutting costs.

Regarding matchday income it was a simple general calculation, 38 games a season, 10 games with empty seats, that's about 25%. Though for the PL clubs it is TV-money that brings in the most money and that they will get now that the season resumes, still the match day money they should have received and have calculated with need to be dealt with , either by cutting costs or taking loans.

If you want to read a piece about how corona can affect the market, here is one link to a Financial Times article: https://www.ft.com/content/067a3eeb-e915-48af-8384-94fdc495cf59

Now it's of course speculation and no one knows, but to me it sounds realistic as long as there is uncertainty and the rest of the economy is affected.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When he does leave I’d much rather it be to city than Man U. 

Most definitely. Deserves to work under a Pep and it will be a small victory for us over those stupid united fans who have been doing my nut in all season saying we’ll take who we want. Telegraph saying City have him under consideration and Pep is a fan. They love having our best player off us aswell. Barry, Milner, Delph and now maybe Jack. So lucky they got that takeover smh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

This’ll be controversial, and incendiary to some of you, but I think it might be worth putting Grealish on the bench for the next two games. Safe to say we don’t expect anything from the next two fixtures, so why not?

I would start him but if Liverpool go 2 or 3 up then take him off

3 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

This’ll be controversial, and incendiary to some of you, but I think it might be worth putting Grealish on the bench for the next two games. Safe to say we don’t expect anything from the next two fixtures, so why not?

It's admitting defeat before we've even started the game.

I don't expect to get anything from those games, but you have to try 

4 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

I'd leave him at home for Liverpool.

We need him fit, and that's a match we're more likely to get 0 in than any other.

4 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

52 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd leave him at home for Liverpool.

We need him fit, and that's a match we're more likely to get 0 in than any other.

We saw at the start of the season that jack needs games to get up to speed again. Not playing him would just slow this process down. 

Willing to have him fresh for games it's possible to sneak points in.

No point flogging him, he was shagged v Wolves from minute 1.

If he picks up a hamstring or something, that's it. We're down.

There's an 8 day gap between wolves and Liverpool. They should be feeling good going into this one so I would start our strongest team. We will have another week long break before the end of the season too. Resting him isn't needed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's admitting defeat before we've even started the game.

I don't expect to get anything from those games, but you have to try 

Yeah, we're at a point where we can no longer afford to not go full strength and experiment anymore.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

i think we've got to the point, where even if we do stay up and jack wants to stay, its time for us to both part company. Don't get me wrong i think the workd of him as a player and expect him to make it to the very top of the game. however, its clear that he's as much of a hindrance to us now as much as he is paradoxically our best hope of getting out of the mess we're in.

undeniably anything that we do that is good comes through jack and without him we'd likely be a loss worse off. However, before the lockdown, and certainly after, his position within the team is apparent and its what's starting to hurt us. Everything, and that means everything, has to go through him. he drops to the left-back position, right-wing, defensive midfielder, simply because he cares too much and wants to try and make sure he makes the difference. the team allows him to do it because he is the best player and recognised as such. But the flip side of that is that the team shape is compromised because of his ability. 

last Saturday for example, he was everywhere. And not in a good way. We cannot have a team shape when one player, however talismanic, cannot be trusted to try and do his job and trust the others. he does not trust the others to produce but they also then in turn don't step up. We are a one-man team that teams can defend against. We will not improve as a team until jack moves on - even if that is from the Championship.

There is of course the argument that with better players there is less that he needs to do in other parts of the pitch where he can't hurt teams. That is undoubtedly true. however, the problem is also that this is still his club. it will still mean too much to him. Mix in his ability, ego of an excellent player, too deep a love for the club and it becomes a self-harming mixture.

hopefully he can do everything in the remaining games to get us over the safety line, but after that, for the good of the team. he has to leave.

• Like 2

I guess it’s kinda in his interest we get relegated he can swan off into the sunset, like I got you here guys, I gave it my all but the team was crap, now I can push through a deal because I deserve to be in the premier league and have more choice of clubs because my price will be cheaper. Kinda works out for everyone.

• Like 1

Isn’t it enlightening to see the contrast in how  two of our players used the lockdown time so differently? On the one hand you have Douglas Luiz, used the time to get right on top of a new language and improve his fitness levels. Been Villa’s MOTM in probably every game since the restart. 
Then you have Jack Grealish. Preening and preaching a lot on social media whilst partying with McCormack, a guy who has taken Villa for mugs and been completely unprofessional during his days at Villa. Grealish now up before the courts after crashing his car and disappearing for a day or two....... to let whatever was in his system disperse. And still he keeps the arm band. Incredible

Edited by OxfordVillan
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I guess it’s kinda in his interest we get relegated he can swan off into the sunset, like I got you here guys, I gave it my all but the team was crap, now I can push through a deal because I deserve to be in the premier league and have more choice of clubs because my price will be cheaper. Kinda works out for everyone.

His price won't be lessened. Ffp has been waived. We won't need a fire sale to stay afloat. If we get relegated yes we lose like 150 mil in TV money, but we get 50 mil parachute payment and our owners can invest whatever they want. So he will be whatever we value him as. 

• Thanks 1

See this fella Grealish he's starting to annoy me, everyday the online news is that Grealish edges closer to his dream move. Mr. Villa my arse, if he was those rumours would have been squashed by now surely?

Regarding his performances say specifically against Bournemouth games we lost twice, is he really that good? Look at Tevez and how he single-handedly kept Wet Spam up all those years ago yet one of England's so-called more gifted players has often looked forlorn and inept. OK he's had some great games this season but since the restart we can all name one player who has played way better in Luiz. If he loved Villa so much you would think he'd be in better shape mentally and physically to help us stay in this league or does he think we'd be better relegated so he can get his chance to earn more cash.

I'm starting to really dislike the way he plays too now, he's needy and milks every contact why can't he stay on his feet a little more and try to hurt teams with direct play rather than falling over? We gain nothing from the 140 fouls he's earned anyway as we can't capitalise with free-kicks.

Sorry for the rant you may disagree but I'm fed up of all the speculation. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

See this fella Grealish he's starting to annoy me, everyday the online news is that Grealish edges closer to his dream move. Mr. Villa my arse, if he was those rumours would have been squashed by now surely?

Regarding his performances say specifically against Bournemouth games we lost twice, is he really that good? Look at Tevez and how he single-handedly kept Wet Spam up all those years ago yet one of England's so-called more gifted players has often looked forlorn and inept. OK he's had some great games this season but since the restart we can all name one player who has played way better in Luiz. If he loved Villa so much you would think he'd be in better shape mentally and physically to help us stay in this league or does he think we'd be better relegated so he can get his chance to earn more cash.

I'm starting to really dislike the way he plays too now, he's needy and milks every contact why can't he stay on his feet a little more and try to hurt teams with direct play rather than falling over? We gain nothing from the 140 fouls he's earned anyway as we can't capitalise with free-kicks.

Suspicious Someone GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â