The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's odd, at the same time as United are saying that they're going to be one of the only teams with money in the summer and that they'll be able to use that money to bully people into giving them what they want - they're also saying they'll be able to buy people cheaply - surely it just means that when United come calling you raise the  price?

I'd still be horrified if Jack went for £60m - I consider it to be about half of what we might get for him and I think if he's going to go, we should be doing what Levy does and publicly stating a price - a ridiculously high price - and then letting bidding start off the back of that. If Kane is £200m - then Jack has to be worth substantially more than £60m.

I'll be horrified if we sell Grealish for £60m then end up having to pay £30m+ for a Championship winger. 

Best case scenario is that big bucks United come waving their machismo around, pay £100m for Jack and we're then able to get good value with that money in the depressed market that the rest of football will be operating in.

And all of that is without mentioning the absolutely ridiculous way in which football is governed that allows Manchester United to behave like the richest club in the world because of their income whilst ignoring that £400m they owe to banks and the £200m they already owe on transfers. 

Your 3rd paragraph is the very fear I have.....and have done for some time.

in general we seem to sell cheap and buy expensive......instead of vice versa.

22 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Massive club with great history and tradition, you?

My brother was mad for them. He would go up on  the occasional weekend and come back with his sash and a bunch of tapes that played all their sectarian nonsense, I was instinctively drawn to the Hoops and have never ever regretted it. For me, in full voice, their is no better sound. The best sight for me was when Di Cannio scored at Ibrox and crossed himself 8n front of thousands of fuming, baying for blood, Huns. A wonderful sight. 

One of the best players they had, we gave them. Mark Walters, and they worshipped him.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Thanks 1

If they sell pogba then out of the midfield 3 then the advanced / attacking role is the one they actually have covered with Fernandes, they then have rashford on the left 

They don't really need jack, definitely not as much as they need a CB, holding midfielder (matic is done) box to box midfielder, right winger and striker (unless they really are going with James and Greenwood) 

If Utd didn't sign Bruno Fernandes I imagine this would have been a definite signing for them, but considering they play in similar positions I assume they may well look to strengthen elsewhere immediately?

Still think Jack will leave, mind.

Edited by AVFC44

20 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Might aswell stay and help turn around his own club first

That would be most preferable yes.

He can't do it with this level of player though. There's a lot to do. We need to perform a miracle in staying up, and replace probably five first team players and the manager.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

United have been heavily linked to Saul as well. 

So thats Koulibaly, Sancho. Jack, Saul and Belliingham plus a big money striker. 

Harry Kane link seems to have gone up a notch in last week. He'd cost 100m + even if football fees take a downturn in next 12 months. 27 with still years left on his Spurs contract.

As much as Man. United are a money making machine they still could just have europa league football on offer (if european games even happen next season) so I can't see huge starts just flocking to them like that. Fernandes was a little different as he came from a weaker league.

24 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Might aswell stay and help turn around his own club first

Perhaps he will if we give him a sneak preview of our transfer targets and he likes what he sees.

I suspect he'll do a runner if he sees a second helping of Trezeguet, Hause and Konsa!

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Perhaps he will if we give him a sneak preview of our transfer targets and he likes what he sees.

I suspect he'll do a runner if he sees a second helping of Trezeguet, Hause and Konsa!

Hause....shudder I don't like to give him too much unnecessary criticism but I will...he really shouldn't be anywhere near a PL football team.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Â