The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

that world cup where walker was part of a solid back 3 as we actually looked of defensively? and we used our defenders really well at set pieces? the 2 things we probably did best at the world cup?

yeah of course Southgate knocked it on the head

rice and mount went for a game of football, walker had a party with hookers, jack had a tear up and alli decided to be racist on social media - I think the difference now is southgate will come under media pressure to try jack and Maddison, you cant have jack making teams of the year and then southgate wafting his bullshit about being behind sterling and then calling up Hudson odoi 

He is a strange one. When Jack came back from injury last year and tore through the championship on that 10 game run Southgate was asked if he would be picked for England. He responded that we wouldnt select him because he wasn't playing in the Premier League. That same squad he gave Hudson-Odoi his first call up and he hadn't even made a PL start for Chelsea at that point (he'd played a few games in the Europa League). So he would rather call up a kid who had looked alright against some part-timers in the EL versus a guy running rings around every team in the championship. 

Its been said many times before but its very true, the moment Jack leaves for United, Liverpool, Spurs etc he will be the first name on the England team sheet guaranteed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, handsworthvilla said:

He is a strange one. When Jack came back from injury last year and tore through the championship on that 10 game run Southgate was asked if he would be picked for England. He responded that we wouldnt select him because he wasn't playing in the Premier League. That same squad he gave Hudson-Odoi his first call up and he hadn't even made a PL start for Chelsea at that point (he'd played a few games in the Europa League). So he would rather call up a kid who had looked alright against some part-timers in the EL versus a guy running rings around every team in the championship. 

Its been said many times before but its very true, the moment Jack leaves for United, Liverpool, Spurs etc he will be the first name on the England team sheet guaranteed. 

You’re probably right but let’s face it even if he goes to one of those clubs Southgate still won’t like him. His main thing was he would have been picked as soon as Southgate was gone after the Euros this summer - but that’s now 2021... if we are even playing again by then!

3 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Tournament is the most important thing in judging international manager (in my opinion).

At the world cup, England have beaten Panama (great!), barely beaten Tunesia in extra time and lost to Belgium.

They have then drawn to Columbia and won on the penalty lottery, beaten Sweden (the only good win of the tournament so fair play) and went to lost to Croatia and Belgium.

Regardless of finishing 4th, that is not a good tournament. 

When you add to this the hesitance of playing young, prospective and energetic players such as Grealish or Mason or Maddison while playing people like Declan Rice or Jessie Lingard, you have to ask questions.

England have the best funded football in the world, probably the best youth, but we play a boring, defensive team.

That is why I think Southgate is not a good manager. 

Nobody gave us a prayer beforehand though and for me we exceeded expectations. Got to the final of the Nations League afterwards as well where we looked better imo. But anyway I'm greedy and don't want Jack to play for England too much until we aren't so reliant on him. 

6 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Tournament is the most important thing in judging international manager (in my opinion).

At the world cup, England have beaten Panama (great!), barely beaten Tunesia in extra time and lost to Belgium.

They have then drawn to Columbia and won on the penalty lottery, beaten Sweden (the only good win of the tournament so fair play) and went to lost to Croatia and Belgium.

Regardless of finishing 4th, that is not a good tournament. 

When you add to this the hesitance of playing young, prospective and energetic players such as Grealish or Mason or Maddison while playing people like Declan Rice or Jessie Lingard, you have to ask questions.

England have the best funded football in the world, probably the best youth, but we play a boring, defensive team.

That is why I think Southgate is not a good manager. 

I think Southgate has proved you don't need to be a successful club manager to be a successful international manager. Hes done well! Semi-final of a world cup is equal 2nd best in a world cup for us. We have some very well esteemed managers who have done a lot worse. Revie, Greenwood, Capello, Keegan to name a few. Even in 1990 we were lucky to get to the semis. Outplayed by Belgium only for a bit of magic from Gascoigne and Platt. Outplayed for much of the game against the Cameroon. Yes we had a good draw.. But things haven't looked as good for a England team for a long long time and Southgate deserves credit for that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Nobody gave us a prayer beforehand though and for me we exceeded expectations. Got to the final of the Nations League afterwards as well where we looked better imo. But anyway I'm greedy and don't want Jack to play for England too much until we aren't so reliant on him. 

He’ll be gone by then :(

What a load of bollocks

”here’s what the papers say” is a license to show whatever they want under the guise of it wasn’t them who made it up

its football insider who claim it, they have an Everton source who says ancelotti wants him and the club believe ancelotti would prove enough of a draw, they also understand a Utd bid will come too

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Everton that’s a lol. Granted they are a bigger club than a spurs who are about to start a rapid Devine but the is no way Everton could afford him and it’s not a big enough lure to get him to leave villa

I don’t think Everton are bigger than Spurs, Spurs are higher in the table

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

What a load of bollocks

”here’s what the papers say” is a license to show whatever they want under the guise of it wasn’t them who made it up

its football insider who claim it, they have an Everton source who says ancelotti wants him and the club believe ancelotti would prove enough of a draw, they also understand a Utd bid will come too

Well it is a roundup of the newspaper gossip.  Messi to Inter Milan looks an interesting move.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think in terms of "big" the article is right ancelotti will be a draw

And in terms of spending Everton have more than a few £30m players, they just need to stop spending it on shit like walcott

They also spent £40m on Iwobi and he’s only played 18 games for them scoring one goal. I think he’s an excellent player but they just haven’t found out a way to use him correctly yet

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think in terms of "big" the article is right ancelotti will be a draw

And in terms of spending Everton have more than a few £30m players, they just need to stop spending it on shit like walcott

Everton big problem is recruitment not money. They sign the crap from the top 6, Walcott, Iwobi, Delph, Schneiderlein who werent good enough or have lacked commitment since they had big contracts already. They also overpay for other MON like crap signings like Pickford, Keane and Williams

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think Everton are bigger than Spurs, Spurs are higher in the table

I was basing my spurs are not a big club on the fact they never ever win anything. League not won since the 60’s FA cup 1991 league cup something like 2008 and no European success that I can recall that’s my basis of Tottenham are not a big club although to be fair I don’t think Everton have one much in the last 30 years either. 

3 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I was basing my spurs are not a big club on the fact they never ever win anything. League not won since the 60’s FA cup 1991 league cup something like 2008 and no European success that I can recall that’s my basis of Tottenham are not a big club although to be fair I don’t think Everton have one much in the last 30 years either. 

I think they are both massive clubs with great history, they’ve been in the mix for the top 6 for as long as I can remember 

Â