The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

12 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

No one is irreplaceable. We may not find anyone has talented for a while, but the great name of Aston Villa will continue to reverberate. That, for me, is far more important than any individual who plays or has played for the club.

No they are not, granted, if all the stars align......but IF your recruitment is poor, they are exceedingly hard to replace, Jack would be that hard to replace FOR US.....and ours is nothing to write home about......I have a feeling the club are aware too.

as an example Liverpool lose Huge stars....but they have the ability to sign just as good or better.......we don't.

Sheepy, I watched Villa in the 3rd Division as you probably did.....but we must have ambition, we can't just turn up and have a day out, we needs winners.....The Great Name we have will only be sustained if the folk running it have the ambition or talent spotting nous to secure players that match up to that name.

I have to be brutally honest with you....over the last decade, I have seen some players turn out for us and I have quietly thought, they are not good enough to play for us.....thats not being arrogant, its being realistic and having respect for our Great Name.

We have been treading water for so long with some of the signings we have made over that time.

Edited by TRO

On 29/03/2020 at 22:43, Fairy In Boots said:

well tbh 6 weeks ago it was done, **** knows after covid. 

our owners said they wouldn’t stand in his way although they wanted market value £70-80m. 2 years left on contract probably relegated. 
United offer him 5 years around £155k p/w and it’s all done.  

Other bits to it but I show my hand if I say how I know. 

Take this P lads I don’t care, personally I’m gutted but that’s the situation. 

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What are they saying exactly?

See above post, Eurosport are saying 170k I heard 155k and I was corrected Jack has 3 years left on his deal. 

• Thanks 1

On 29/03/2020 at 22:43, Fairy In Boots said:

well tbh 6 weeks ago it was done, **** knows after covid. 

our owners said they wouldn’t stand in his way although they wanted market value £70-80m. 2 years left on contract probably relegated. 
United offer him 5 years around £155k p/w and it’s all done.  

Other bits to it but I show my hand if I say how I know. 

Take this P lads I don’t care, personally I’m gutted but that’s the situation. 

Thought he had 3 years left on his contract? (3 years from the end of the season)

Thought it was a 5 year contract signed last season in the champ, so 1 year then, then the first year in the prem, so 2 of the 5 years completed?

Be sad to see him only give us one year in the PL and then jump (if that is the case) but the show must go on.

Pity as you'd think someone who supposedly cared so much about his supposed "home-town" club would want to make himself a legend with Villa.

Lots of smoke so suggests he's off to me....shame!

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Be sad to see him only give us one year in the PL and then jump (if that is the case) but the show must go on.

Pity as you'd think someone who supposedly cared so much about his supposed "home-town" club would want to make himself a legend with Villa.

Don’t forget he stayed with us for 3 years in The Championship when he could’ve jumped ship. I think he has earned a move this Summer

46 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Thought he had 3 years left on his contract? (3 years from the end of the season)

Thought it was a 5 year contract signed last season in the champ, so 1 year then, then the first year in the prem, so 2 of the 5 years completed?

44 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Grealish is in contract until 2023

Yes I got that bit wrong, obviously been tapped up 

4 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

See above post, Eurosport are saying 170k I heard 155k and I was corrected Jack has 3 years left on his deal. 

40 mill is hard to pass over, for him.

44 mill if its I70k

Edited by TRO

33 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

He'll be back when he's 29.

after a couple of passes for united the media will have him as twice the player he was when he was with us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

No they are not, granted, if all the stars align......but IF your recruitment is poor, they are exceedingly hard to replace, Jack would be that hard to replace FOR US.....and ours is nothing to write home about......I have a feeling the club are aware too.

as an example Liverpool lose Huge stars....but they have the ability to sign just as good or better.......we don't.

Sheepy, I watched Villa in the 3rd Division as you probably did.....but we must have ambition, we can't just turn up and have a day out, we needs winners.....The Great Name we have will only be sustained if the folk running it have the ambition or talent spotting nous to secure players that match up to that name.

I have to be brutally honest with you....over the last decade, I have seen some players turn out for us and I have quietly thought, they are not good enough to play for us.....thats not being arrogant, its being realistic and having respect for our Great Name.

We have been treading water for so long with some of the signings we have made over that time.

Players have been leaving Aston Villa since Pongo was doing is thing and they will continue to do so. Football is very different from the days when good players like, Paul Rideout , Steve McMahon and Steve Hodge were choosing Villa ahead of Liverpool and the like. Players like to win medals, well most of them, and I don't think Jack is any different. If Real Madrid came in with an offer of a 100 million ,it's likely he would have his head turned, just like Rooney had his turned by Man Utd. It's not nice, but it is what it is. 

It took Klopp three years to get Liverpool where they are today. They haven't won the league in thirty years. It takes time to be consistently successful, and there can be many false Dawn's along the way. If Jack goes, yes, I'll be gutted, but who knows, it could turn out to be a blessing in disguise, you just never know what lies ahead. 

When it comes to the future of this great club, I always remain optimistic, such is my faith. 

• Like 3

Is it a given Utd can even afford him given all the financial uncertainty with clubs at the moment And given that Utd are supposedly buying sancho the defender from Napoli etc. I’m sure the probably is some truth in the story but with Utd wage bill each month with no money coming in must hurt them more than most. Plus while the papers say jacks going on one page they are also saying on the other page that transfer markets are going to stagnate 

16 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Is it a given Utd can even afford him given all the financial uncertainty with clubs at the moment And given that Utd are supposedly buying sancho the defender from Napoli etc. I’m sure the probably is some truth in the story but with Utd wage bill each month with no money coming in must hurt them more than most. Plus while the papers say jacks going on one page they are also saying on the other page that transfer markets are going to stagnate 

Harry Kane as well

its from a French journalist working for euro sport

of course he has the inside link to man utd

12 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Don’t forget he stayed with us for 3 years in The Championship when he could’ve jumped ship. I think he has earned a move this Summer

agree but not to utd, would obviously be a bigger club but with their current manager / woodward he'll win the same in his time there as we will in the next 5 years, **** all, and **** man utd in general anyway

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Eurosport was last relevant in 1999

To be fair around early to mid 2000's I used to enjoy the Eurogoals programme of a Monday afternoon after school.

• Like 1

Â