The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, John said:

Maybe Jack has been advised to refrain from posting on social media for a while, following recent events? 😉

Absolutely. If Jack was fronting this, it would just prompt the press to republish”that” photo.

I think Mings will be captain next season (whenever that is) because Jack just completely blotted his copybook in Dickens Heath.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Absolutely. If Jack was fronting this, it would just prompt the press to republish”that” photo.

I think Mings will be captain next season (whenever that is) because Jack just completely blotted his copybook in Dickens Heath.

I think Mings will be captain because Jack will be playing for Man United but I hope I am wrong.

I think it would just look like double standards of Jack were to be a focal point for this. 

Mings is clearly the future captain though should Jack go or be injured. 

If we get another season due to this season being voided, we are going to need Jack regardless of any offer, that's the reality of it all.

This squad won't handle things without Jack and they know it, some of these players need to be sold or let go and we need to show Jack that we as a club will bring in some real players prepared to go to the lengths he does. It is really sad that last season we looked a one man army and all this talk of that ending has only brought in more players who are making Jack look like Action Man again.

Want to secure Jack for the foreseeable future, then we need a team capable of progress, to do that we now need quality capable of ruling the field most games.

We made a big bloody mistake signing players that teams do not try hard to keep hold off for specific reason. We need the players teams don't want to get rid of as it takes a special kind of coach to make things work with a thrown and taped together squad. We all expected a bit more than what we got this season, even if it was survival by the skin of our teeth, just so happens that before all this lockdown, most of us called relegation out.

So we may have a lifeline, we need to admit our mistakes, move on from it and put right what we got wrong or the same will just happen again.

I'm hoping the Owners are going to throw some money at the situation and say forget this nonsense of signing the same crap we have, it hasn't worked. Heres hoping we start making real excellent purchases and for the love of god get rid of those who are not pulling there weight.

• Like 2

On 12/04/2020 at 13:37, Dave-R said:

If we get another season due to this season being voided, we are going to need Jack regardless of any offer, that's the reality of it all.

This squad won't handle things without Jack and they know it, some of these players need to be sold or let go and we need to show Jack that we as a club will bring in some real players prepared to go to the lengths he does. It is really sad that last season we looked a one man army and all this talk of that ending has only brought in more players who are making Jack look like Action Man again.

Want to secure Jack for the foreseeable future, then we need a team capable of progress, to do that we now need quality capable of ruling the field most games.

We made a big bloody mistake signing players that teams do not try hard to keep hold off for specific reason. We need the players teams don't want to get rid of as it takes a special kind of coach to make things work with a thrown and taped together squad. We all expected a bit more than what we got this season, even if it was survival by the skin of our teeth, just so happens that before all this lockdown, most of us called relegation out.

So we may have a lifeline, we need to admit our mistakes, move on from it and put right what we got wrong or the same will just happen again.

I'm hoping the Owners are going to throw some money at the situation and say forget this nonsense of signing the same crap we have, it hasn't worked. Heres hoping we start making real excellent purchases and for the love of god get rid of those who are not pulling there weight.

Doesn't matter how much money they throw at it, he'll be gone this summer. I think the only thing that could possibly result in him staying is if the Covid19 situation completely messes up the transfer market and big clubs decide they can't make big purchases. But I think thats unlikely

He'll be gone and I'll wish him well. He got us up and gave us the one season in the PL that we wanted. A player with his talent needs to go and challenge for trophies on a regular basis. I'm aware he nearly won one this season but he is clearly a champions league calibre player and realistically will never play in that competition for Villa. 

In a bizarre way I actually want to see him leave and fulfil his potential at the highest level, just to prove to everyone else what many of us villa fans see in him. I've never felt that way about a player before, I always wanted to keep players like Yorke, Benteke, Young etc when they were being linked with moves away. I think its the fact he clearly loves the club as much as any of us, that is without question, so I just want to see him achieve everything he possibly can. 

On 11/04/2020 at 22:58, John said:

Maybe Jack has been advised to refrain from posting on social media for a while, following recent events? 😉

Jack shared the letter from all the players on his Instagram story, and he's been fairly active since. Best way to be, hiding wont help. He's a target for away fans anyway so little point in hiding. Unless he decides to host a sex party in quarantine, of course. 

Edited by roonst83

4 hours ago, handsworthvilla said:

In a bizarre way I actually want to see him leave and fulfil his potential at the highest level, just to prove to everyone else what many of us villa fans see in him. I've never felt that way about a player before, I always wanted to keep players like Yorke, Benteke, Young etc when they were being linked with moves away. I think its the fact he clearly loves the club as much as any of us, that is without question, so I just want to see him achieve everything he possibly can. 

I'm going to put EDIT here, go away, walk to the door, open it and maybe get some fresh air, which i seriously think you need to do, dont worry i breath abit for you. I will close my eyes and just Breath and maybe then I'll shout (what are you F'ing thinking)

I'm really shocked and baffled as to why a Villa fan would even want Jack to leave. I mean he's not only been our most influential player for a couple of seasons now, but without him we wouldn't be here. I don't know how any fan of Jack's would want him to leave as if we make the right moves as a club, then Jack could in his career enjoy and feel everything he can at any other club he was sold to.

Now wait please, I need to Breath again outside (real fresh air), Right I'm back.

Jack can enjoy playing for England with Villa. Jack can reach the heights with Villa providing we make the same commitment to honour his loyalty by bringing in the right players. Jack leaving would cripple us with out any decent replacement and we would honestly have to spend whatever we got from selling Jack, just to replace the lad. There is no upside to Jack leaving apart from a lot of gold that will be spent as quickly as it was made by selling Jack and even then will we spend it wisely,  (doubt it) given the state of what we bought this season.

I want Jack to stay because I'm bloody selfish, because I love Jack and because I see that without him, we wouldn't be even here in the premier. 

I'm gasping for fresh bloody air thanks to you, don't you see what you have done with this level of thinking. At this rate I bet you can hear me shout (where ever I am to where ever you are), stop with this god damn nonsense now and go Breath outside your door, real air and clear your mind, just go, go, go do it now.

Edited by Dave-R

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I'm really shocked and baffled as to why a Villa fan would even want Jack to leave.

I thought I explained why in the post, but I'll try again ....

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I mean he's not only been our most influential player for a couple of seasons now, but without him we wouldn't be here.

Absolutely agree ....

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I don't know how any fan of Jack's would want him to leave as if we make the right moves as a club, then Jack could in his career enjoy and feel everything he can at any other club he was sold to.

You don't actually believe that surely? I love Villa just as much as everyone, but I'm realistic enough to know he will not win the PL or play in the CL whilst playing for Villa over the next ten years. So he won't be able to feel that

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Jack leaving would cripple us with out any decent replacement and we would honestly have to spend whatever we got from selling Jack, just to replace the lad. There is no upside to Jack leaving apart from a lot of gold that will be spent as quickly as it was made by selling Jack and even then will we spend it wisely,  (doubt it) given the state of what we bought this season.

I agree, there is absolutely no upside to Aston Villa of Jack leaving. My point was more around the upside to Jack Grealish than to Villa. Doesn't matter how much money we get there isn't a like for like replacement out there

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I want Jack to stay because I'm bloody selfish, because I love Jack and because I see that without him, we wouldn't be even here in the premier. 

Sometimes if you love someone you have to let them go. Ok that was a bit cringe, but you get my point. 

I could say I want Jack to stay with us for the next 10 years regardless of how we are doing. But I, like a lot of villa fans, have taken a real likening to Jack because of his affection for the club. You can see it on his face that it means so much to him. I'd hate to think that he spends his career battling relegation with us and never wins anything that reflects his talent 

40 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

We've sold many a player who has been considered irreplaceable.  It won't be any different with Jack. The unconditional love I have, is with the club, not any individual player regardless of reputation. 

Of course but the cut is deeper with Jack. Its because he’s one of us, and knows how much we need him. He has the ability to play at the very highest level. Its just so frustrating we cant provide that for him. we need a clutch of top top players to ever be able to build to get to a respectable level in the top flight; losing Jack just sets us back massively in that respect. If the money is reinvested wisely and we end up a better side because of it, is the only way to soften the blow, but can our recruiters be trusted to do that? Probably not.

Its just sickening seeing United creaming themselves over our prized asset. Their fans are unbearable telling us we’ll take who we want. The money they’ll offer him along with him knowing they will just keep buying top players will make it hard for him to turn down and we’ll have to watch him smash it for a side we hate whilst we just fade away. FFP makes it impossible for us, if you cant keep diehard fans at the club you really have no hope. Praying we can stay up and the owners block any move. 

With the market the way it will be, I would be shocked if he leaves us or any major transfers. We wont get the money we wanted anyway. I think players will have run down contracts before leaving unless they have deep pockets.

People forget the transfer market collapsed in 2002 for about 2 or 3 seasons when Italian clubs had financial issues . Only 8 players cost over 20 million euros compared to 22 the year before when it was a manic transfer window. This is a much bigger mess and clubs will want a hell of a lot more than teams can afford

• Like 1

On 12/04/2020 at 13:37, Dave-R said:

Well said Dave.

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

We've sold many a player who has been considered irreplaceable.  It won't be any different with Jack. The unconditional love I have, is with the club, not any individual player regardless of reputation. 

We have.

We sold Gray,Deehan & Gidman in the same season, which many thought was armageddon at the time.......but we bought Withe and Swain.....we bought much better/prudently in those days.

My point is about losing Jack, we have shown no indication that we could come close to replacing him, even with the money we receive.....I think the money would be squandered.

Jack is close to irreplaceable.

Genuinely cant see any clubs doing business at the moment. 

1) Itd make football appear even more out of touch. 

2) theres going to be a recession, football wont be immune. If we think Jack is worth 70 now, its doubtful he will be when lockdown is over, do why would itd buy him now?

3) we may well still have games to play, even jack wouldn't get a great reception ( I dont think hed get a terrible one)

Not saying he'll never go, but not now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Of course but the cut is deeper with Jack. Its because he’s one of us, and knows how much we need him. He has the ability to play at the very highest level. Its just so frustrating we cant provide that for him. we need a clutch of top top players to ever be able to build to get to a respectable level in the top flight; losing Jack just sets us back massively in that respect. If the money is reinvested wisely and we end up a better side because of it, is the only way to soften the blow, but can our recruiters be trusted to do that? Probably not.

Its just sickening seeing United creaming themselves over our prized asset. Their fans are unbearable telling us we’ll take who we want. The money they’ll offer him along with him knowing they will just keep buying top players will make it hard for him to turn down and we’ll have to watch him smash it for a side we hate whilst we just fade away. FFP makes it impossible for us, if you cant keep diehard fans at the club you really have no hope. Praying we can stay up and the owners block any move. 

Sadly, I think we are the architect of our own demise......Had we bought better over the last umpteen years, Jack would have no need to go.

We are still struggling to come out of years of a slide, sure we have had a fillip with promotion, but team building has been debatable.....We have some promising kids, if we can hang on to them and the future may be brighter, but that takes time.

I still think it shows how bad we are, when a player like Jack is in a team sitting at 19th......We are there for a reason and the stark facts lie in front of eyes on match day.....we have a few too many not good enough.

John McGinn was a clear help for him, but we need a few more of that calibre in other positions.

There is no static in this game, its all dynamic......if you don't move forwards, you move backwards......and getting recruitment right is central to any success the club may have ambitions for.

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

We have.

We sold Gray,Deehan & Gidman in the same season, which many thought was armageddon at the time.......but we bought Withe and Swain.....we bought much better/prudently in those days.

My point is about losing Jack, we have shown no indication that we could come close to replacing him, even with the money we receive.....I think the money would be squandered.

Jack is close to irreplaceable.

No one is irreplaceable. We may not find anyone has talented for a while, but the great name of Aston Villa will continue to reverberate. That, for me, is far more important than any individual who plays or has played for the club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I would love him to stay, don't get me wrong, but what will be will be. The show goes on.

• Like 1

Â