The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

A very good post in my opinion and close to our problem of why we are 19th in the league.

Jack is trying to do it all himself, even comes back, because he is the only one with ball control to keep the darn thing......that is clearly not right, being in that position, where ball control is so lacking in so many players, that one guy has to take over.

How many of those players are markedly better, since their arrival....after 28 games?

Surely, that is down to the manager and coaching staff to motivate the players and get the best out of them, how they do that is beyond me 

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Surely, that is down to the manager and coaching staff to motivate the players and get the best out of them, how they do that is beyond me 

If it was any other manager, the coaching staff would not be mentioned so readily.

Its down to the manager, if the coaching staff are not up to it, he has to make decisions.....obviously not now, in these uncertain times..

Some of them may come good, but I am not holding my breathe....after 28 games, you would think you could see something that they have improved on, that would make its way on to the pitch.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

If it was any other manager, the coaching staff would not be mentioned so readily.

Its down to the manager, if the coaching staff are not up to it, he has to make decisions.....obviously not now, in these uncertain times..

Some of them may come good, but I am not holding my breathe....after 28 games, you would think you could see something that they have improved on, that would make its way on to the pitch.

I might be wrong when I say this but I think our expectations as fans are too high of the players. We expect miracles from them because we have paid millions of pounds for them, well I don’t think it works like that. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I might be wrong when I say this but I think our expectations as fans are too high of the players. We expect miracles from them because we have paid millions of pounds for them, well I don’t think it works like that. 

Definitely, our time in the championship has done us no favours in that regards

Price tag is completely irrevelvant when judging talent, doesn't work like that anymore 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

If we survive and sell Grealish I believe the club are taking two steps backwards......

I agree, but I felt the same when we sold Andy Gray and John Gidman. We replaced Andy with Peter Withe and dropped Kenny Swain back to replace Giddy, and the rest is history.

I really do want to keep Jack and to build a team around him, Mings, McGinn and Heaton. If he does decide to go, it will be a real body blow, but the club can still build a strong team around the players that remain with us and with those that we will bring in.I would like to think that we could do enough in the next window to persuade Jack that our ambitions match his.

53 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Definitely, our time in the championship has done us no favours in that regards

Price tag is completely irrevelvant when judging talent, doesn't work like that anymore 

They shouldn’t be judged, just praised

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Guardian reporting United are redrawing the summer budget over coronavirus and now cant afford Kane. I think big money wi llnot be thrown around for Jack or others

on the same note, we won’t be accepting less money though....why should we!

1 minute ago, mattyvilla said:

not even close to the standard of David Platt in my opinion

I loved Platt hence the username being the headline after our 6-2 win over Everton 1989 but different player to Jack.  Sid made Platt for me.  Jack is the better player in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I loved Platt hence the username being the headline after our 6-2 win over Everton 1989 but different player to Jack.  Sid made Platt for me.  Jack is the better player in my opinion.

I think Platt tainted his time here a little with things said after he had gone , close on 70 goals for villa in 3 and a bit years , and over 60 england caps. Not so hot in goal though 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I disagree.

I think we accept mediocrity too easily.....when I declare my observations, they are basic things you would expect from players this league.

The first season is tough, but if you had of predicted we will go down at the start of the season, I think the reaction would have been hostile, accusing the author of no ambition......now we are close to it, its all mitigation.

45 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I never saw Platt in Villa colours so can’t really comment

He could read the game and his ghosting runs were legendary.....He just knew where to be.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They shouldn’t be judged, just praised

We do all that on matchday in the ground.....this is a forum, where we are sharing our opinions on them.

what we do on matchday and what we say on here are 2 entirely different things.

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

I disagree.

I think we accept mediocrity too easily.....when I declare my observations, they are basic things you would expect from players this league.

The first season is tough, but if you had of predicted we will go down at the start of the season, I think the reaction would have been hostile, accusing the author of no ambition......now we are close to it, its all mitigation.

Why do the likes of Trezeguet, El Ghazi and Wesley get booed then? 

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

on the same note, we won’t be accepting less money though....why should we!

No we don’t have to sell him. Probably best to keep him another season until the market stabilises

Â