The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its from a French journalist working for euro sport

of course he has the inside link to man utd

agree but not to utd, would obviously be a bigger club but with their current manager / woodward he'll win the same in his time there as we will in the next 5 years, **** all, and **** man utd in general anyway

I think you are probably right, they aren’t the force they once were, it’s sad really

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes, they were European giants once upon a time like we were, do you hate them then?

Maybe the most controversial thing you said on here 😜

Personally I loop it all the way round, through growing up with dickhead kids who supported them and now knowing even worse fully grown men who are that die hard man utd they have to own utd biscuit jars just to show how die hard they are, to then suggesting that they have directly impacted Aston villa in a negative way due to being an hour up the road, they've had their hands in our pockets for years 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

With the market the way it will be, I would be shocked if he leaves us or any major transfers. We wont get the money we wanted anyway. I think players will have run down contracts before leaving unless they have deep pockets.

People forget the transfer market collapsed in 2002 for about 2 or 3 seasons when Italian clubs had financial issues . Only 8 players cost over 20 million euros compared to 22 the year before when it was a manic transfer window. This is a much bigger mess and clubs will want a hell of a lot more than teams can afford

I agree with your general point but I think we're going to get boned and he's going to go for half his value. We need money desperately when we go down.

Only a temporary FFP pause will save us. If we go, I think we were relying on at least £50m coming in for him.

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's not that sad, believe me. 

They seem to be a figure of hate on here, is it because we’re jealous of their past success and the fact that they nick our best players?

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They seem to be a figure of hate on here, is it because we’re jealous of their past success and the fact that they nick our best players?

Hate ? Trust me, they're not that important. It's just not sad to have witnessed thier recent struggles. Why would it be, unless you support the club ?

• Like 1

It's odd, at the same time as United are saying that they're going to be one of the only teams with money in the summer and that they'll be able to use that money to bully people into giving them what they want - they're also saying they'll be able to buy people cheaply - surely it just means that when United come calling you raise the  price?

I'd still be horrified if Jack went for £60m - I consider it to be about half of what we might get for him and I think if he's going to go, we should be doing what Levy does and publicly stating a price - a ridiculously high price - and then letting bidding start off the back of that. If Kane is £200m - then Jack has to be worth substantially more than £60m.

I'll be horrified if we sell Grealish for £60m then end up having to pay £30m+ for a Championship winger. 

Best case scenario is that big bucks United come waving their machismo around, pay £100m for Jack and we're then able to get good value with that money in the depressed market that the rest of football will be operating in.

And all of that is without mentioning the absolutely ridiculous way in which football is governed that allows Manchester United to behave like the richest club in the world because of their income whilst ignoring that £400m they owe to banks and the £200m they already owe on transfers. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Hate ? Trust me, they're not that important. It's just not sad to have witnessed thier recent struggles. Why would it be, unless you support the club ?

They’re still a massive club with great tradition and stadium for me, 1 of the biggest clubs in the world. It wasn’t that long ago that they were winning leagues and cups galore

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They’re still a massive club with great tradition and stadium for me, 1 of the biggest clubs in the world. It wasn’t that long ago that they were leagues and cups galore

There isn't a football fan in the World who doesn't know the name of Aston Villa. That's satisfying enough for me. As for Man Utd, nothing but indifference. 

24 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They do nick our best players? Can think of 1 in 20 years. Liverpool, City and Boro took more

Â