The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Iwobi is absolutely garbage, Arsenal mugged Everton for 60-70 for him and Walcott

I think Iwobi is excellent, why do you think he is garbage?! Walcott is still very good, not as good as he was but still very good, he is 31 now. I’d love either of them here 

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Sky sports stats based 11 has him in the team of the year in a midfield 3 of him, de Bruyne and maddison 

Great news for Grealish, forget my comments earlier in the thread, I’ve just watched the Derby County 0-6 Aston Villa, he would’ve walked in to that team too. I don’t know why I said my comments earlier in the thread, we are lucky to have him here, although sadly it doesn’t seem like it will be for much longer :(

Exciting times ahead for Everton fans it would seem. Plenty of dough, top manager, new stadium, they should be able to attract a higher calibre of player now and pay massive wages. We just need to stay up somehow, our owners are equally ambitious, just not allowed to spend to get us where we need to be. The turnover between the two clubs are chalk and chesse, mainly down to us being stuck in the championship of course.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Exciting times ahead for Everton fans it would seem. Plenty of dough, top manager, new stadium, they should be able to attract a higher calibre of player now and pay massive wages. We just need to stay up somehow, our owners are equally ambitious, just not allowed to spend to get us where we need to be. The turnover between the two clubs are chalk and chesse, mainly down to us being stuck in the championship of course.

I agree with you, they’re light years ahead of us sadly. We’re playing catch up but that’s after a decade of mismanagement 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

I think you could have said that at nay time during the last 5 years... 

Ancelotti obviously makes a difference but if you take the PL table as it is right now and say Everton are after a EL place next season that's them competing with wolves, spurs, arsenal and utd just for 5th

I don't see it

Always see Everton as a bit of an indicator for us based on our history and size etc they are miles off and we are even further behind them, those in our fan base who think we will keep Jack add players every summer for 2 or 3 years and then be right up there doing something are in dreamland, Everton with ancelotti and millions to spend and a new stadium might just about scrape a EL place if they're lucky in the next couple of years

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think you could have said that at nay time during the last 5 years... 

Ancelotti obviously makes a difference but if you take the PL table as it is right now and say Everton are after a EL place next season that's them competing with wolves, spurs, arsenal and utd just for 5th

I don't see it

Always see Everton as a bit of an indicator for us based on our history and size etc they are miles off and we are even further behind them, those in our fan base who think we will keep Jack add players every summer for 2 or 3 years and then be right up there doing something are in dreamland, Everton with ancelotti and millions to spend and a new stadium might just about scrape a EL place if they're lucky in the next couple of years

Put it this way, if we somehow stay up, keep Grealish, add a few quality additions, we could be up there with Everton again, we have to think big. We have to have ambition again but let’s stay up first, before we get ahead of ourselves 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

25 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Put it this way, if we somehow stay up, keep Grealish, add a few quality additions, we could be up there with Everton again, we have to think big. We have to have ambition again but let’s stay up first, before we get ahead of ourselves 

If by that you mean 11th then yeah I agree ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Iwobi is excellent, why do you think he is garbage?! Walcott is still very good, not as good as he was but still very good, he is 31 now. I’d love either of them here 

You also think Drinkwater is excellent 

• Haha 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I find it a little strange how Jack hasn't posted anything to do with the whole #PlayersTogether thing considering a number of other first team players have and he's the captain. 

I thought he had along with more or less the whole squad but can't see it so maybe you're right

Did just see that 3 days ago he retweeted something along the lines of don't belive anything on the Internet and question everything

I think that's as close as we'll get to a comment on the going out 

On 08/04/2020 at 22:07, villa4europe said:

picking names and also starting to look a bit unorganised, like there's no clear plan or identity to the team, they look like a collection of good players (at a push...) bundled together and sent out, usually vs poor opposition so they get away with it, i don't watch all of the games but from what I have watched I think we've regressed because he's dropped the areas where we did look well drilled (set pieces) and I still don't see anything to suggest we will beat a top team, I think he's way too stubborn with his midfield which is englands main weakness

he might do something special in the month he has with them pre tournament but at the moment I think we're a team that will lean too heavily on a world class front 3

I think its been a case for as long as I can remember, very few assemble a side, they pick the best 11 players as they see it.

I mean who would expect Nobby Stiles to be in a World cup winning team or Des Bremner in a European cup winning team.....I am not sure Jordan Henderson, would be noticed in a lesser team, but what a crucial cog in their machine.

These crucial players in terms of type IMO, would be over looked by so many......I still think right now thats what we are missing most.

That flipping' £60m figure is in the papers again today. If we sell him for anything like that I'll be appalled.

We've got Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and more potentially interested in him, Mahrez was £60m two years ago, with less time left on his contract - I think we can take our time on it - if he doesn't leave we're happy to keep him - I'd be looking for bids starting at £100m.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We have been saying a lot of this for a while though. They still continue to spunk stupid money on shite after shite after shite. I'd rather finish 17th than spend the money they have to finish 8th 

4 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I find it a little strange how Jack hasn't posted anything to do with the whole #PlayersTogether thing considering a number of other first team players have and he's the captain. 

He posted it on his instagram story 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I thought he had along with more or less the whole squad but can't see it so maybe you're right

Did just see that 3 days ago he retweeted something along the lines of don't belive anything on the Internet and question everything

I think that's as close as we'll get to a comment on the going out 

does that mean all the good stuff about him as well? 😀

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

They do have a top manager and unlike us have had a long uninterrupted run in the top flight, but they were in relegation trouble themselves earlier this season, haven't got a new stadium yet, and haven't really been challenging at the top, any more than we have since the mid 80s. I don't think they are much bigger than we are really and would think Jack would see this as only a sideways move, if we are still a PL team next season. Everton suffer from delusions of grandeur, they boast of being "the school of science" but that was a title that they earned when Alan Ball, Howard Kendall and Colin Harvey made up their midfield. I back us to be the bigger team within 2-3 years.🤞

On 10/04/2020 at 12:33, AndyM3000 said:

Sounds like Mings is spearheading the operation. Not sure if that means he has been named captain or what

• Like 1

Â