The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

just got in from the pub...looked on the BCFC forum expecting to see several posts applauding (as the fans in the stadium did) the actions of the idiot. very, very surprised to see everyone condemning him. fair play to them for that i must say. however, they as a fanbase do have to take some responsibility though...i've seen numerous posts pre game about taking him out early, and generally fueling the hatred as much as possible. it was only a matter of time really. unfortunately this is going to mean games played even earlier and probably pubs closed on derby day

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

The overriding issue for me is not just the retarded individual but more the reaction of the fans. They lauded it like they had won the game. It was not an isolated incident involving one person but a collective from a downtrodden bunch of window lickers. The authorities should throw the book at the scummy club who are just a pile of shit period. The moment fans start running onto pitches to assault players they don't even know is the moment banter ceases. Especially blindsiding them as there is far more risk of concussion. That goes for any club. Hopefully the individual gets made an example of along with the club and the thousands of idiots that thought it was clever.  

This sort of 'person' as Henrie said is not only uneducated, they are prime candidates for chaos - it must be stamped out or we might as well give up on sport. 

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm still staggered about the steward, I'm pretty sure that they will get the book thrown at them more for that than an idiot fan, as bad as that was.  The league need to make a proper example, and it needs to be something that hits the fans hard to act as a deterrent.  The stupidest thing is that there will be morons who get inspired by it.

The funny is I've read/heard a lot of people saying things like 'what will his family/kids think watching that's'

It's safe to say they probably haven't fallen far from the branch.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What did the steward do?

Clearly a fan, no problem with that, but donning a yellow vest on behalf of the club he had two sly kicks at Grealish - and this is after the major incident - it's not only thuggery, but he clearly felt the previous undeserved attack was somehow not enough, not only stupid but also employed by the club - it takes it all to another height.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

The overriding issue for me is not just the retarded individual but more the reaction of the fans. They lauded it like they had won the game. It was not an isolated incident involving one person but a collective from a downtrodden bunch of window lickers. The authorities should throw the book at the scummy club who are just a pile of shit period. The moment fans start running onto pitches to assault players they don't even know is the moment banter ceases. Especially blindsiding them as there is far more risk of concussion. That goes for any club. Hopefully the individual gets made an example of along with the club and the thousands of idiots that thought it was clever.  

I've run out of likes for today so I'll say I "like" this post ;)

The authorities need to consider not what happened, but what could of happened. 

If that idiot was actually capable of throwing a proper punch or worse still had a weapon things could have been very much different. 

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

I’m normally PC about this sort of thing but what a low for them. I highly doubt that guy represents the rest, but he did get applauded. Those that applauded should find another past time, football is not for them. 

Are you from Birmingham? Let me tell you, I know loads of them, either from work or drinking in my local, they are, in the main, absolute scum. 

Want examples? I was in my local one day. Blues were the live game v some other Championship team. I got speaking with a decent bloke who is a Blues fan. He told he how he grew up watching Villa but changed allegiance because of his Dad. A guy, that the guy I walking to knew, came over to us and said to him "Kev, I'm disappointed in you mate. Fancy talking to a Villa fan" then walked off, really angrily. 

I was watching a Villa away game in another local one night and there were two young (18-20) Villa fans sat in front of the main TV. All I heard was a mocking voice saying "Tammy, Tammy" throughout the game. I was so pissed off that I asked this guy what his problem was. He said supported Blues and was sickened by the two young lads shouting for Tammy to score. We argued all night because he really was the biggest clearing in the woods I'd met in my life. I've not seen him since but that's what they're like - just knuckleheads who have nothing to live for. 

42 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Clearly a fan, no problem with that, but donning a yellow vest on behalf of the club he had two sly kicks at Grealish - and this is after the major incident - it's not only thuggery, but he clearly felt the previous undeserved attack was somehow not enough, not only stupid but also employed by the club - it takes it all to another height.

He knocked over a police officer which will be what got him in to trouble.

https://streamable.com/2ta88

33 seconds in.

A work colleague who is a small heath fan called me after the game. He started by saying how embarrassing it was, how the guy should be sent down etc, but finished with:

'The worse thing is, if you're going to do something like that you at least have to make sure you properly take him out so he can't continue'

Absolutely optimises these scummy words removed. 

I love how he has taken over Gabby's mantle of being the Villa fan who scores the winning goal against small heath

• Like 1

Â