The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

40 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

His house was burgled whilst he was playing everton away, 10 members of his family were downstairs watching the game when watches and jewellery worth £1 million was stolen. He lives in a 5.6 million house in Cheshire

Posted the link earlier didn’t embed for some reason 

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Having £1m in jewellery and watches seems insane to me 

Probably a month's wages for him...

I don't understand how these footballers don't have onsite security at this stage or some form of guard dogs/high tec security. It's clear they are a target when they are playing games. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I don't understand how these footballers don't have onsite security at this stage or some form of guard dogs/high tec security. It's clear they are a target when they are playing games. 

I mean what's a decent salary for a security guard 75k? Sure they could afford 4 for a year with a week's wages?

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

I mean what's a decent salary for a security guard 75k? Sure they could afford 4 for a year with a week's wages?

What are they going to do against organised criminals though, apparently there were multiple intruders in this case. It's not America, thev security is not going to be armed. They're not going to risk their lives for some jewellery. They're going to call the police

Apparently Grealish's family went to a safe room with an alarm. Seems like having a very secure safe room and your items covered by insurance is more useful than security guards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

They do. Grealish definitely has dogs, cameras, etc.

Problem is if you have millions of pounds worth of jewellery or whatever, there’s a fair chance one of your security guards knows about it, and it’s worth a lot more than his salary.

• Like 2

Is the Club going to put up the reward for information, like West Ham did with Zouma. Really??

In reality it's just bonkers, 5.6 million pound house ( I know it's rented ), an 1 million pounds worth of watches and jewellery, 28 years old, all paid for with around 5 months salary if needed.. 😮

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Is the Club going to put up the reward for information, like West Ham did with Zouma. Really??

In reality it's just bonkers, 5.6 million pound house ( I know it's rented ), an 1 million pounds worth of watches and jewellery, 28 years old, all paid for with around 5 months salary if needed.. 😮

Well he does pay tax. But it's another world of wealth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Unfortunately the super rich are targets for burglars. Happened to a friends multi millionaire grand daughter recently too. 

Robin Hood style then it's going to happen more and more as people get trod on.

• Like 1

There does seem to be a much greater risk of this happening to those players who live in the Manchester area (in the loosest sense, I mean Alderley Edge really), which suggests this is down to a local gang. My understanding is that the people who do these footballer break-ins are some of the best equipped and most skilled burglars in the country, though I'm no expert obviously. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

There does seem to be a much greater risk of this happening to those players who live in the Manchester area (in the loosest sense, I mean Alderley Edge really), which suggests this is down to a local gang. My understanding is that the people who do these footballer break-ins are some of the best equipped and most skilled burglars in the country, though I'm no expert obviously. 

They are generally not UK based or even English. These are proper gangsters of organised crime, not a couple of lads with a stolen Audi and a crow bar.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Robin Hood style then it's going to happen more and more as people get trod on.

I guarantee you the people robbing these houses are professional criminals and not good samaritans giving their ill-gotten gains to the poor.

• Like 2

Â