The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

On 29/12/2023 at 16:42, VillaJ100 said:

I mean what's a decent salary for a security guard 75k? Sure they could afford 4 for a year with a week's wages?

Probably tax deductible too

I doubt if Jack gives a damn about the trinkets and is more upset about the possible danger to his friends and family.

From the warnings being given about the dangers of social media, I suspect players are targetted who show themselves wearing expensive bling.

Maybe that's why Robbie Fowler bought houses, because you can't load them into the back of a van.

I seem to remember Ruud Gullit drove a Toyota when he moved to Chelsea.

Maybe Jack should become a brand embassador for Casio?

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The lack of empathy for this sort of thing just because the victim is rich is quite startling (not on VT, in general)

The thing is I must have been broken into 15 times in my life houses/ shop and but apart from close family and friends nobody cared. We only know about this because he's famous. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The lack of empathy for this sort of thing just because the victim is rich is quite startling (not on VT, in general)

I see the words "£1m in jewellery" and yeah I'm struggling to empathise with him, maybe it's the wording of the article but it's not his medals, it's not family sentimental stuff, it's not anything that impedes or impacts his life (although obviously the fact that he's been robbed in the first place will impact him) it's completely superfluous 

He's been robbed of something that he didn't need and that he can easily replace 

My empathy doesn't extend that far 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The thing is I must have been broken into 15 times in my life houses/ shop and but apart from close family and friends nobody cared. We only know about this because he's famous. 

And?

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ve had my house broken into. It’s horrible. And not because they took a load of stuff. Because the thought of someone breaking into your house is really scary. 

Yep. It's not what they take from you, it's what they leave behind.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

Do you reckon Jack would get back in this Villa team? If so, where would Emery play him?

He would play the Ramsey role. Somewhat similar players and Jack is just better.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

Do you reckon Jack would get back in this Villa team? If so, where would Emery play him?

Of course he would. He'd be our best player

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

He definitely gets back in, though not important as he was before and not necessarily always starting if Ramsey is in good form, some games would call for JJ over JG.

But over the last month or so, he'd have walked back in and maybe we'd have gotten a bit more against Sheffield or Man U.

I'm not clamouring for him back though, I wouldn't want to disrupt what we have by bringing him back mid-season. Enough of our squad were here when it was the Grealish-show, I wouldn't want to put any noses out of joint - or have them revert to their style/decision making of that period, which was "give it to Jack".  I'm sure they wouldn't, but wouldn't want to risk it midway through this incredible season.

If we had the chance in the summer, and a pre-season to bed him back in - I'd take him back in a heart beat. I think Purslow leaving would be the end of that though, we won't spend the money on him and Monchi will have other plans. Bringing Jack back would've been a big Purslow PR move that I don't see the club making now. He'll go to Newcastle if he leaves City any time soon.

Edited by HalfTimePost

10 hours ago, rodders129 said:

The LM role would be perfect for him and would essentially be what he did for us at his heights. An overlapping FB, occupying the half space, carrying the ball forward.

He's great at holding the ball, great at carrying it forward, and would have a lot of room in the final third against some teams to make them pay.

That Pep doesn't play him in the #8 role in the half space is a great mystery and instead uses him as a left side Leon Bailey and even Leon has been more willing to take on players.

Â