The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

21 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Are their any reputable **** media sources? They all just paraphrase one another, assume way too much, and expect everyone to lap up what they say, its pathetic.

A lie will run around the Internet based media before the truth has got his reboot done. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I bet they are orgasmic at the very prospect of him leaving.

Let's face it the media are designing this to strengthen the top teams and belittle Villa.

Said, Man City gotta offer £100 million plus, which they think they won't. Villa don't want to sell and want to build the team around jack offering him a new big salary contract. Balanced to be fair and about where we are.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

On SSN now if you wanna here more speculation.

Do they actually declare "sky sources" as "saw it on twitter mate" 

Will be fun tomorrow when their transfer muppets come on to claim their insider knowledge 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Said, Man City gotta offer £100 million plus, which they think they won't. Villa don't want to sell and want to build the team around jack offering him a new big salary contract. Balanced to be fair and about where we are.

Good to hear, thanks for the update.

Just hope NSWE stick to that.

One would think Citeh's priority was Kane anyway, not both.

• Like 2

Just now, foreveryoung said:

So the same place we were 6/5/4/3/2/1 weeks ago? Haha 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Do they actually declare "sky sources" as "saw it on twitter mate" 

Will be fun tomorrow when their transfer muppets come on to claim their insider knowledge 

Tbf romano is a sky reporter. 

Jack has just spent weeks with the England squad getting a taste of what he'd get at City. Big name, but no guarantee of starting and having to be part of a squad with playing time here and there. Whereas here he knows hes the man - plays every game, everything goes through him. He loves playing football - he'll realise that's at villa. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Hopefully the talks go something like:

Shaykh Mansour : we want Grealish for £100m,

NSWE : that's a nice deposit when will you be paying the remaining £900m ?

Dialling tone......

Kudos. That’s a very niche (and correct) spelling. 

I don't think he is leaving. Am I starting to get a little concerned, perhaps. I do trust the people at the top to make the right decisions.

Just news outlets are going off sources that claim to have no idea. City are a well run club, they arent like United. They buy world class players but they do get abit of value for money compared. They went after Kane, decided against it for the money. I believe we'll give similar answers. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JONESYVILLA said:

Sure all the team got more followers (too old for Instagram) during the euros as the country was on a high, social media is beyond me but I’m sure it’s easy just to click ‘add/follow’ or whatever . All I heard on talk sport was Rice this, Sterling that, and Phillips is the Yorkshire Pirlo. Grealish was a bit part player as Southgate didn’t fancy him, the media built him up before hand to win the tournament on his own but he was not given the chance to show if he could deliver over 90 minutes at the highest level game in game out. 

Oh yes, sorry. There is very little interest in Jack. You're absolutely right. 

I'm a little embarrassed. 

I offer my sincere apologies to you. 

giphy.gif

Edited by sidcow

Oddly enough, I’m more confident of him staying now than what I was a week or so ago. 

Provided there is no release clause (the recent speculation suggests there isn’t), I think we’ll price Man City out of the move. They can probably only afford Grealish at around 80-90m if they want to go and spend 150m on Kane. 

I also think the new contract and the sales job we’ll do in person over the next few days will be enough. 

City are a fantastic team, there is no denying that, but I don’t think they’ll get Grealish and will go all out for Kane. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

That’s that then, end of a short era of having Grealish playing regularly in the senior side. Be interesting how we progress from here before we get robbed again of one of our best players to an elite side which we will never be a part of. 

Football is pure trash. Man City is the ultimate draw for a player captaining his boyhood side in the premier league. Come on now, there’s no hope anymore. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

If we sell Jack now I think it's because his shins are f**ked and we know they only going to get worse and we're cashing in now rather than let him stay and basically play less and less games. £100m for someone who has NEVER played a full season. We can't afford to make someone our top paid player by a mile when he misses 10-15+ games a season.

Nice thought (sort of) but City will have the best medical staff going, they'll know his injuries too. There's no way somebody pays £100m without having some data on the latest injury that kept him out for 3 months. The data will be part of the deal and if they thought the same they wouldn't spend £100m on him. 

Gone are the days of pulling the wool over peoples eyes imo. Too much data and analytics for a big thing like that to be missed

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

My own personal thoughts aside, in fairness to Sky, that's a pretty balanced article and probably the nearest thing to the truth we have seen yet. 

Yes, and Rob Dorsett *I think*, is fairly accurate. 

I will find it hilarious if we demand £150m or something daft and the media are all there scratching their heads wondering why we haven’t bent over backwards. 

Lest they forget Nassef Sawiris and Wes Eden’s aren’t here to make friends. $$$.

• Like 2

Â