The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, JONESYVILLA said:

Keep seeing this and don’t understand why he’s now suddenly more marketable. Is it because of the Euros? If it is, let’s be honest he was well down the pecking order with Southgate and he didn’t get much game time. He certainly wasn’t one of the first names on the team sheet like Kane, Sterling, Rice or Phillips. He’s only really marketable to villa fans, and he’s doesn’t need the marketing in that area.  

Someone should have let GQ and SWM know about this before they bothered covering him.

42 minutes ago, hippo said:

Not I

I'm grateful for what he has given us. Sure I want more. But if he decides to go to perform on the highest stage good luck to him.

I think it would be the way he's gone though.

He says he's Villa through and through and gave all that talk last summer when he signed his contract, whilst at the same time given us far less time than players who were not boyhood fans. And we're clearly progressing. It's not like we've stagnated or gone backwards.

If he put on another shirt I wouldn't pay him any notice to be honest. My only concern is for this football club and not one player. And I don't think he would have legend, icon or any other label attached to him because he's left as soon as the first team to show true interest in him has come along. 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JONESYVILLA said:

Keep seeing this and don’t understand why he’s now suddenly more marketable. Is it because of the Euros? If it is, let’s be honest he was well down the pecking order with Southgate and he didn’t get much game time. He certainly wasn’t one of the first names on the team sheet like Kane, Sterling, Rice or Phillips. He’s only really marketable to villa fans, and he’s doesn’t need the marketing in that area.  

When you have the England fans singing his name and the likes of Stormsy, Docherty and other celebs walking around with his name on their shirts the appeal is plain to see. He will bring attention  to us and the armchair fans of the ridiculous 6 will have their heads turned in our direction. He's very marketable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

He goes if he wants to go ? You will probably find that there is a release clause and thst is the only way city can get him - we will see .

There isn't 

The amount of our fans who are embarrassing themselves over a few tweets is ridiculous. If you don’t believe a word they say why give them air time and keep sharing on here and other social media platforms. I had never heard of that Sam Lee fella up until this week, looks like he’s got the reaction he wanted! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In all his honesty, we shouldn't have to be offering a player a bumper new contract, every single season, just to convince them to stay at the club " they love ".

When does it end? If he stayed, and next season Bayern Munich or Madrid etc want him, they offer 350 k, are we going to offer him 500 k for his " loyalty "?

I agree whilst also thinking he likely deserves one for his performances on the pitch. He’s a better player now than he was 10 months ago. 

• Like 2

You know what...at this stage i dont care if he goes or not..i just dont want the team disrupted anymore than they been have with the rumours...

Sign a few intelligent players and we will move forward

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In all his honesty, we shouldn't have to be offering a player a bumper new contract, every single season, just to convince them to stay at the club " they love ".

When does it end? If he stayed, and next season Bayern Munich or Madrid etc want him, they offer 350 k, are we going to offer him 500 k for his " loyalty "?

You can't really say a player is worth 150m+ then only pay him 100-150k/week or whatever it is we're currently paying him. Gotta pay him the current going rate. Don't think it'll go up much from here to be honest. He's one of the best in the world, and we'll pay him accordingly. If he reaches Messi/Ronaldo levels we can reassess then I guess.

• Like 2

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

You know what...at this stage i dont care if he goes or not..i just dont want the team disrupted anymore than they been have with the rumours...

Agreed , social media probably a place to avoid for a few days until it’s all done and dusted - I’ll be glad when it’s all over and things have unravelled .

• Like 1

Just now, Big Salad said:

Been busy all day long. Any actual 'real' updates? Or still just pretend journalism going on?

Romano saying City have made contact and negotiations have started. A decision should be made quickly apparently.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That’s a very good point

Just now, Keyblade said:

Romano saying City have made contact and negotiations have started. A decision should be made quickly apparently.

By quick it should be 'sod off, not for sale'

6 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I'm sorry to pick on your but these are the posts I don't understand.

A few people write shit on twitter and because of that you do not care if our best player and captain leaves the club.

I just don't understand that logic.

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

This guy's name is familiar to me but can't remember if it's because he has proved reliable in the past or because he's a clown

That account is not credible at all 

• Like 2

Â