The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This guy is a top bloke on twitter...

And if all that is correct and ball truly is is in Villa's court then Jack is simply not for sale and we crack on with the project. 

Just now, maqroll said:

Just as I suspected. I presume these are courtesy talks as opposed to serious negotiations. If Villa get a staggering offer then maybe Villa sells Grealish even if he prefers to stay. Villa are in the driver's seat.

I get the impression that Romano words his tweets with degrees of embellishments because it gets clicks and raises his profile. It’s most like standard protocol but written to sound far more advanced to get the City fans buzzing. 

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

I would like this to be concluded by our first league game because this cannot be happening every summer.. it’s ridiculous 

You're spot on this must be holding us up on signings our window will look.completely different if jack leaves

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Did we not try for smith -Rowe and ward-prowse ?  Not for want of trying 

JWP link was complete bollocks. Southampton sources said no approach made and not for sale anyway

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I can never tell if you're being genuine or not!

It's a debatable point and one for a good dinner conversation, I'll leave you with this thought, I've been saying Jack will stay all along and he is still here, that's 2 for 2 Jack and Josh, 100% record.😉

Just now, ThunderPower_14 said:

I'm hoping we roll him out front and centre for the away kit release. If he's featured prominently in that I'll be convinced he's staying. 

I think it will be too early to tell. The club probably still don't know if he's staying and may not know until Monday/Tuesday next week. 
I fully expect us to keep him clear of the kit launch and whilst there may be a meltdown because of it, it won't bother me at all. 

Give this saga 4 more days and it will all be over, one way or another. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

What concerns me over this whole saga is we've still only brought in Buendia to improve us from last season.

This Bailey thing is dragging on. We've made about a million signings for our Academy but seem to be forgetting our first team currently. 

I hope Grealish stays but I also hope we make some effing decent signings sometime soon, especially when the season starts in just over 2 weeks time.

Decent players take longer to land though. We could have signed a bunch of unknowns by now and we'd all be jizzin about them.

That said I do agree we need a couple more of buendina standard or else we ain't go to improve much on last season - if at all.

• Like 1

Sorry if already covered as I can’t keep up with this topic ! But do we think we’ve tried to do these deals early buendia, Bailey etc to try and keep jack happy to stay and protect us from being ripped off if we get weighed in 100+

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Decent players take longer to land though. We could have signed a bunch of unknowns by now and we'd all be jizzin about them.

That said I do agree we need a couple more of buendina standard or else we ain't go to improve much on last season - if at all.

This is true but the Bailey saga seems odd because if they want just 5 million Euros more and Leicester are sniffing surely you'd just pay it and get it done - it would be a big blow if we lose out to a team who we're already trying to catch. Or maybe they know exactly what they're doing and are confident of getting it done. 

Of course we don't want to get our business done early by bringing in a load of duds - but with Romano saying Bailey is just a "possibility" it doesn't seem to be that far down the line. Alvarez is another odd one because we looked to be very interested several weeks ago and now that interest just seems to have evaporated.

Really damn frustrating and it makes you wonder whether the Grealish situation is causing issues with bringing in our targets.

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Here’s Romano contradicting himself - why are giving this tap-in merchant any credit?

1) viral tweet (contract already offered) 

2) Contract only offered if negotiations with City breakdown 

It cannot be both. 

Not to mention that Jack (apparently) has a decision to make.  Does he stay or does he go.  Part of that decision is what's the deal to stay? It will form an integral part of the decision making process. 

When I'm pitching for a new client, we don't ask them to decide of they are coming to us before we give them a price.

No way will we wait for his stay or go decision before even beginning discussions on a new contract.  This guy gust spouts hot air. 

Isn't he the same guy who said we were signing Rashica last year AND said we were having more discussions this year before he went to Naaarwich. 

Edited by sidcow

Â