The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think it's the marketing more than anything else, I can see him being fast tracked to one of the biggest names in football with that spotlight on him 

Aston Villa's Jack grealish won't make it on to a Pepsi can 

I get ya makes firm sense.

Let's hope that his love for this great club ties him to this club for many more years and with our owners ambitions he can achieve everything he desires.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think it's the marketing more than anything else, I can see him being fast tracked to one of the biggest names in football with that spotlight on him 

Aston Villa's Jack grealish won't make it on to a Pepsi can 

The next beckham 

• Like 1

Here’s Romano contradicting himself - why are giving this tap-in merchant any credit?

1) viral tweet (contract already offered) 

2) Contract only offered if negotiations with City breakdown 

It cannot be both. 

Ultimately if he goes it is because he wants too and wont be happy staying here. The contract means nothing and if he won't be putting in the effort as a result of villa not agreeing a fee, he will be sold.

We can't offer what they can now. The main problem is it shows we probably never will, by being forced to sell our best player evey time we become anything like a threat. It would be 2010 all over again, and we know how that ended ultimately, in a slide down the table. Quite simply it would just show that we will never be able to break the monopoly in place as any time we have the nerve to have a good player, he gets taken away.

Yes we get money. But it's basically irrelevant as transfer prices for anyone we want will immediately double. It also shows any incoming player we are just a stepping stone, as anyone that comes in will be even more detached from the club than Grealish is. 

So if anyone can find a positive from this, I would like it explained to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's intimated at least twice before that he had his head turned towards other teams. We've known he wasn't a Villa lifer per se, he is a professional after all. He's always been open to the option of moving elsewhere to win things. The difference between him and other players who don't have any affinity for the club is that he didn't leave at the first time of asking. His head was turned, but he still ultimately stayed. Ironically he's in the exact same position he was this time last year, where his head was turned by a far inferior team let's be fair. Wouldn't hold it against him.

I suppose you’re right, maybe it’s an accumulation for me. Fool me once, etc etc. 

I will hold it against him, 10 months after signing a 5 year deal. But I’m sure he doesn’t care nor will he ever know, so I won’t prattle on about it. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

He’s gone mate will go up to Manchester Sunday, photos etc Monday. There’s a £100m clause his agents have done us dirty. No way NSWE would have accepted a fee as they don’t want to sell, this is a gut punch for the project. Sadly the clubs hands are tied this is all camp Grealish. That’s all lies he may well be a fan but his price is cheap he’s a snake

Odd, he was going to sign Monday or Tuesday a few pages back, what changed???

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

The next beckham 

If he does join city I can definitley see it

He'll be huge regardless, the FA know exactly what he is but a record breaking move to city would make him massive globally overnight 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I suppose you’re right, maybe it’s an accumulation for me. Fool me once, etc etc. 

I will hold it against him, 10 months after signing a 5 year deal. But I’m sure he doesn’t care nor will he ever know, so I won’t prattle on about it. 

He really shouldn't even be in this position if I'm honest, and it's kind of disappointing that we have to go through this whole song and dance every summer. If you sign a 5 year deal, we shouldn't even be hearing anything for at least 2 years.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Seems to me that Villa hold all the cards. Even if Jack says he wants out. 200m or nothing. 

We have no power. If he wants to go he can just refuse to play to force it through.

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Ultimately if he goes it is because he wants too and wont be happy staying here. The contract means nothing and if he won't be putting in the effort as a result of villa not agreeing a fee, he will be sold.

We can't offer what they can now. The main problem is it shows we probably never will, by being forced to sell our best player evey time we become anything like a threat. It would be 2010 all over again, and we know how that ended ultimately, in a slide down the table. Quite simply it would just show that we will never be able to break the monopoly in place as any time we have the nerve to have a good player, he gets taken away.

Yes we get money. But it's basically irrelevant as transfer prices for anyone we want will immediately double. It also shows any incoming player we are just a stepping stone, as anyone that comes in will be even more detached from the club than Grealish is. 

So if anyone can find a positive from this, I would like it explained to me.

Depends on who we bring in - the key is good recruitment - I’ve been here before with Andy gray , platt, yorke  and others - we can build better with the right  players , that is the key to moving forward 

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

He really shouldn't even be in this position if I'm honest, and it's kind of disappointing that we have to go through this whole song and dance every summer. If you sign a 5 year deal, we shouldn't even be hearing anything for at least 2 years.

Yeah it's strange. This is the main reason why I think there is some type of release clause, without it, I'd doubt there would even be a discussion on it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

On balance I think you are about to lose that money sadly.

No chance. We hold all the cards. He only goes if we want him to. If NSWE are true to their word then Jack stays. City do not pay the transfer fees necessary to sign him.

Â