The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

51 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Wow, I knew he rotated but didnt realise that they're on the bench for so many games. I'd only seen something showing games they'd played which was 50 plus. Is that starts including international too? If so, those three only start 60-65% ish of the games Man City play?

I agree re. Foden.

That's starts all club games.

12 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Happened with the first goal

Jack's contribution to the first goal got a little overlooked,  he dropped his right shoulder on receiving the ball and the whole German defence momentarily went with him (It's really quick and hard to spot) ,  then a dink left and goal.

Without the little movement from Jack it's a lot more difficult to score.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Nonsense. It's just a by product of the system, where caution and control come first.

Don't overthink it, just go with it. It's quite enjoyable once you do. I have never felt more Italian. 

Is this still about the Vogue article on Jack’s hair?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So I don't think I ever said this about any Villa player before, maybe Milner because I was always a fan of his.

Pay Jack whatever it takes, just do it. Agree to sell him if we don't make top 6 and just a bloody crack at it. 

When we will have another Jack. I'd almost accept years in the championship down the track just for one or two more seasons of Jack lighting it up for us.

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Jack's contribution to the first goal got a little overlooked,  he dropped his right shoulder on receiving the ball and the whole German defence momentarily went with him (It's really quick and hard to spot) ,  then a dink left and goal.

Without the little movement from Jack it's a lot more difficult to score.

100% correct about the movement. The world-class nature of Grealish is the extra half second he took before playing the ball so Shaw could drill rather than float the cross. And I did see that mentioned in various reports to be fair - that’s what they mean about him changing the game, his assist was then him killing it off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, birdman said:

Has happened numerous times. I just hope that with more confidence and stature within the group Jack will be more vocal and damand the ball. Mainly though the instruction should be coming from Southgate. Lets hope they analyse such things and ask why they're not passing to the man who can do the damage. 

As good as Sterling was last night his decision making for passes was pretty poor I think. 

I think it has something to do with Jack being our only outlet at Villa and so looks weird when a run of his isn’t picked up.  Hopefully we’ll get used to this next season when Buendia and ESR are in the Villa team too.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Don't overthink it, just go with it. It's quite enjoyable once you do. I have never felt more Italian. 

What?  Not even when driving in reverse?

• Haha 1

Oh look, yet another internet "article" touting Grealish to Man Citeh.

Put the Manchester Evening News on your list of words removed that post shit, as according to them he'd be perfect for Citeh because he said "Kane is England's best player".

Some lucky bastard is actually getting paid to make up this shte.

Just been randomly browsing FB reactions to yesterday, and it's full of  posts about how Jack changed the game, how he's easily England's most gifted player, how he should be a nailed-on starter, how Southgate is a fool not to see it, and so on and so on. Loads of it. None of it from Villa fans. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Villaphil said:

Do you think £150k pw is enough, I had assumed £180k - £200k if we were serious about keeping him.

At the end of the day it’s all about whether at the end of his career he wants to look at some Premier League medals and potentially a CL medal, or a statue of him outside the Holte End.

Let’s hope he has a chat with Alan Shearer who made that choice when leaving Blackburn.

I suppose the biggest difference was that Shearer had already got a Premier League medal in his back pocket…

Was just about to make a similar point.

Sancho is about to sign a £250k a week contract (allegedly)

I think Jack will probably understand that with FFP we literally can't pay the same as the mega clubs but that will form part of the overall thinking of staying with us instead of taking that plunge. 

2 hours ago, birdman said:

Has happened numerous times. I just hope that with more confidence and stature within the group Jack will be more vocal and damand the ball. Mainly though the instruction should be coming from Southgate. Lets hope they analyse such things and ask why they're not passing to the man who can do the damage. 

As good as Sterling was last night his decision making for passes was pretty poor I think. 

I've been having a little think about this. I think it stems from having Rice and Phillips in the middle.

England seem to branch to left and right without ever really keeping the ball in the middle. The problem is, Rice and Phillips both automatically go right, which inevitably ends up with Sterling getting the ball usually being wasteful. Saka does well on that side but he has to do it himself because Trippier isn't much help and Sterling will be going into the middle.

The only times the ball goes left is if Kane receives it in the middle and then turns left or Shaw receives the ball from Maguire/Mings. So when Jack's on the pitch he'll basically be fed by Kane or Shaw. It'll never come from Rice, Phillips or Sterling.

When Mings plays he tries the longer pass to Grealish because he's used to doing it. Maguire won't as much. Also, I think if you have Henderson replacing Rice he would pull left a bit more and you'd have a better balance moving the ball upfield.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I've been having a little think about this. I think it stems from having Rice and Phillips in the middle.

England seem to branch to left and right without ever really keeping the ball in the middle. The problem is, Rice and Phillips both automatically go right, which inevitably ends up with Sterling getting the ball usually being wasteful. Saka does well on that side but he has to do it himself because Trippier isn't much help and Sterling will be going into the middle.

The only times the ball goes left is if Kane receives it in the middle and then turns left or Shaw receives the ball from Maguire/Mings. So when Jack's on the pitch he'll basically be fed by Kane or Shaw. It'll never come from Rice, Phillips or Sterling.

When Mings plays he tries the longer pass to Grealish because he's used to doing it. Maguire won't as much. Also, I think if you have Henderson replacing Rice he would pull left a bit more and you'd have a better balance moving the ball upfield.

Yes sounds about right! Guess that's the problem with having a key player being brought on as a sub i.e. Jack not being integral to "the system". Hopefully the more he plays the more his teammates can adapt and get the ball to him more. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

If Switzerland can play on the front foot against the reigning World champions, then I'm sure we have the  capabilities to take the game to Germany. Fortune and all that.

Yep.

and despite our frustrations of not seeing Jack start, Gareth got it right.....Jack was introduced as an impact player and it worked to a Tee...Hence my comments.

23 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There was 5 just yesterday TRO.

must be coming back in to fashion.

2 hours ago, Thug said:

Was just about to make a similar point.

Sancho is about to sign a £250k a week contract (allegedly)

You guys realise the 150 quoted says " Base earnings ", most player contracts are made up with clauses and bonuses.

The figures we usually see bandied about, are players " Maximum " potential earnings under the contract, to make them look juicier.

I highly doubt the club don't know what they are doing, with regards to contract offers to Jack, or that they are unaware of the wage landscape.

I also remember in one of his interviews after the last contract, he said " It was an offer I couldn't refuse ". So again, sure they know what they are doing.

Money won't be the reason he decides to leave, if he did.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Â