The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Ahh. Makes sense now.....I think it's just the mention of city is starting to grate. The thing is he's got 4 years left on his current deal. There is no need to worry if we don't try to sell him. @Vive_La_Villa  My bad for misreading your post.

All good mate. I probably didn’t word it the best! 

England looked toothless until he came on and the Germans rightly bricked themselves. It’s not just what Jack does but the space he creates for others. Their defence just couldn’t handle it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I very much doubt that. Pundits just flip flop like everyone else, if Sterling is scoring he's the best player in the world.

Has he been poor this tournament? For me he hasn't been great, a few tap ins aside, he is wasteful, makes bad decisions and kills attacks - but he has bagged a few so that means he is the "player of the tournament" for England.

It isn't a conspiracy, pundits are just damn reactionary people like all of us.

This place is getting too cultist man.

Fair play Rodders.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Yes he was good but the gap between him and Mings is a lot smaller then what Neville, ferdinand and Co make out, the disrespect he's been shown is out of order.

Mings was part of one of the best defences in the prem and is in the England squad for a reason. A very underrated player for me.

Defensively I thought Mings has had an excellent tournament so far. I wouldn’t drop Maguire for him, i’d drop trippier.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I very much doubt that. Pundits just flip flop like everyone else, if Sterling is scoring he's the best player in the world.

Has he been poor this tournament? For me he hasn't been great, a few tap ins aside, he is wasteful, makes bad decisions and kills attacks - but he has bagged a few so that means he is the "player of the tournament" for England.

Sterling has been woeful this tournament. The bloke can barely control or run with the ball.

I'm not saying there has been some conspiracy. Just that they've been told to tone down the criticism.

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Completely agree.  I think Sterling has been largely poor BUT has had great individual moments.  Yesterday was the perfect example, I didn't think he was having a good game at all BUT the run he makes to start the move for his goal was brilliant and absolutely needed as no-one else was doing that.  Does this mean he was MOTM?  Nope, not by a long way - but it does highlight the effect he can have on a game and he can be equally praised for that and criticised for a lot of his game play too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Defensively I thought Mings has had an excellent tournament so far. I wouldn’t drop Maguire for him, i’d drop trippier.

I don't think he will play again unless we smash Ukraine, then maybe he will give Maguire a rest when the game is won.

I think Southgate will be over the moon with last night and probably feel that last nights formula is worth sticking with and who could blame him.

What interests me with the man city link is what would their expectation be of his game time with them. 

Grealish has probably played an average of 35 games per year for the last 5 years. We'd expect next season fingers crossed to be his highest with Villa, ideally with a cup run and england appearances, so maybe 40 with a few games out.

But Mahrez, Foden, De Bruyne etc play 55 games every season. It's a hell of an ask to play 20 more games per year than you're used to.

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

He is slowly making himself undroppable. Made it to the top of the queue for subs. 

I'm convinced he only got the nod because the Wembley crowd were roaring for him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm convinced he only got the nod because the Wembley crowd were roaring for him. 

At that point the game was in the balance, could have gone either way and maybe it dawned on him what the backlash would be like if we plodded along in to a defeat.

21 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

personally I don't think Southgate is swayed by the crowd  , but that said  I could have sworn the commentators said Henderson and Sancho were coming on ... and a few moments later we saw a kinda glum looking Jack sitting in the stands 

next thing he was on the pitch  

so something changed his mind and he "pulled a Homer"

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

personally I don't think Southgate is swayed by the crowd  , but that said  I could have sworn the commentators said Henderson and Sancho were coming on ... and a few moments later we saw a kinda glum looking Jack sitting in the stands 

next thing he was on the pitch  

so something changed his mind and he "pulled a Homer"

They were warming up, but then Jack had been warming up with a couple of the others earlier on.  Not sure I'd look too much into it.

Â