The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

37 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

We should sign Ward Prowse and used him NFL style just to take free- kicks that Jack has won us .. we'd have the title by the end of Jan :)

wow....He does more than just free kicks.

but what a signing that would be.

Arsenal defenders were terrified! Like  a rabbit in the headlights. Every game he's getting stronger and more confident. There really isn't much opposition managers can do, you kick him and concede fouls... you don't kick him and you get skinned! Amazing to watch at the moment. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

No yellow cards and remarkably few fouls in that game. I wonder if opposition managers have realised the folly of the traditional 'kick Grealish' tactic (which just results in free kicks)? Only trouble is, they don't have a plan B. Double and triple marking him just frees up our other danger men - and he can beat three markers anyway. 

I think Jack himself has decided not to win so many cheap free kicks but rather power on past challenges that previously he would have gone to ground on.  He can hurt the opposition much more by doing that than with our usually pretty pony set pieces.

• Like 4

With how we're playing this season, you can see why he was convinced of signing that new contract. They must have promised him something like this. I think at the time we only signed Cash as well. And that's just this season! Imagine what we'll do next summer.

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

With how we're playing this season, you can see why he was convinced of signing that new contract. They must have promised him something like this. I think at the time we only signed Cash as well. And that's just this season! Imagine what we'll do next summer.

yeah !

I think he knew what to expect too.

• Like 1

The whole country knows how good he is now.    Even the doubters admit he is class. I really do not want him to feature too heavily for England though. So scared he might be get injured. 

what is the point of the England Ireland game? Arent two international games in a week enough?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Does anyone know of a site which outlines dribble distance? I reckon Grealish has carried the ball more than any other player in the League despite a game less than others. 

between the Leeds run and the assist Sunday that’s nearly two pitch lengths right there 

3 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

I am assuming that if our game against Iceland is called off that will be the one Southgate says was the one Jack was going to play in but as it’s cancelled he won’t get a game

We all want to see him bossing for England but at the same time not picking up an injury! It's a nightmare lol. 

Would be good if that Iceland game was cancelled! 

Do we think he has a buyout clause? And if so how much?

We'd be mad to sell him for any less than £160 million, surely?

Obviously I hope he stays and we can continue to improve with Grealish as the key component driving us forward and appealing to other players to join Villa.

41 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet but what does Jack need to do to get into Garth Crooks team of the week

Press harder, run faster and train harder.  It is known. 

Edited by sidcow

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Who will even be able to afford him in 2021? He'll be worth at least 200m by that point if he doesn't get injured and features heavily in the Euros.

Thing is we do not even have to sell him even if some mad offer of those numbers comes in.

I said in another thread I'd not let him go for half a billion. When it comes down to it Grealish is irreplaceable..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

Â