The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

33 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think one thing has become evidently clear today, Southgate doesn't like Jack either as a character or a player I'm not sure which but its clearly one or the other. He has run out of excuses now for it being performance related.

That means I don't think a move would change things for Jack, which is a bonus for us.

Agreed, but what might force the issue is a move of position for Jack. He’s never getting picked in-front of Rashford & Co for a wide forward role, his direct competition is therefore Mount as a 10. That’s also where he wants to play. 

Will Deano be prepared to tweak our system to accommodate that? I think he should (the old 4-2-3-1 argument) and with better players around him Jack would make the case for his selection emphatically - I know he already has, but Southgate will pick the Euros squad so he’s just got to leave him no choice by performing there this season. 

3-2-4-1 is the best way to use Jack for England. Might be suicide against better teams but it can be changed to the 4 -2-3-1 as mentioned above. I'm interested to see if we can utilise the 3-2-4-1 too. 3 cb's 2 DM's , 2 wingers a striker and 2 playmakers. 

21 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I intend to continue spreading this rumour and claim it is true, particularly  in the face of blanket denials by a sky journo. 

See how they like it for a change :)

I mean he would deny it in public wouldn't he, because otherwise he'd be banned from future press conferences. 

He's just towing the party line, it definitely happened. 

• Like 2

I’ve never understood why every single player in your squad has to fit “the system”.

A good tournament squad needs a couple of wild cards, and that’s what Jack brings. If plan A isn’t working, you can mix things up.

Southgate’s reluctance to do this is what makes him such a limited, small minded manager.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I intend to continue spreading this rumour and claim it is true, particularly  in the face of blanket denials by a sky journo. 

See how they like it for a change :)

Yep, Villatalk sources understand that Gareth Southgate and Rob Dorsett are both useless words removed 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I’ve never understood why every single player in your squad has to fit “the system”.

A good tournament squad needs a couple of wild cards, and that’s what Jack brings. If plan A isn’t working, you can mix things up.

Southgate’s reluctance to do this is what makes him such a limited, small minded manager.

Yep. 

The idea that Jack plays a free role mainly on the left and there is competition on the left so Jack can't find a place but we'll pick Harry f***ing Winks is insanity. 

Jack should be starting for that team, but he's at the very least a pretty incredible sub to bring on as a point of difference if we're struggling to break a team down. 

Edited by ThunderPower_14

Gareth Southgate is called Simon from Margate and had the same profile picture on Facebook uploaded 16 times and tries to add your kid even though you’ve never met him and drives a 16 year old Volvo.

Edited by Hobbit Feet
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Awol said:

Agreed, but what might force the issue is a move of position for Jack. He’s never getting picked in-front of Rashford & Co for a wide forward role, his direct competition is therefore Mount as a 10. That’s also where he wants to play. 

Will Deano be prepared to tweak our system to accommodate that? I think he should (the old 4-2-3-1 argument) and with better players around him Jack would make the case for his selection emphatically - I know he already has, but Southgate will pick the Euros squad so he’s just got to leave him no choice by performing there this season. 

I get your point but I don’t think it matters if Jack plays at 10 it’s just excuse after excuse from Southgate this latest one is no more genuine than the last. The fact Jack likes that Tweet earlier suggested to me he knows he has no chance under Southgate.

• Like 1

I tweeted this last year when Southgate left him out last time. It's been obvious for a long time that Grealish would give England a completely new dimension. Southgate is an idiot.

• Like 1

Â