The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Quoted in the Metro:

Southgate added: ‘We felt it was important to involve Phil and Mason. Yes, Jack is unfortunate and I’ll be getting crucified by the Villa fans who have never forgiven me for leaving for Middlesbrough [in 2001] anyway! But c’est la vie. I did pick [Villa’s] Tyrone Mings, so it’s not a club thing.’

Wonder what alot of other clubs fans think about Grealish not being picked, you know from the decent headed fans who dont hate Grealish. Theres are a heck of alot that I've read from in the past who say he should be playing for england.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Surely he didn’t really say this? If he did you’d have to question his mentality. That’s the kind of thing a 12 year old in the play ground would come out with. As Awol said above, the England manager thinking anyone cares about something so relatively trivial that happened nearly 20 years ago must be so far up himself he needs professional help. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

_1433612_southgate300.jpg

LOL

Slippery slope for Southgate now, he’ll be sporting a brolly with his waistcoat before developing a fake Dutch accent, until finally the men in white suits come for him. 

Edited by DaveAV1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I think one thing has become evidently clear today, Southgate doesn't like Jack either as a character or a player I'm not sure which but its clearly one or the other. He has run out of excuses now for it being performance related.

That means I don't think a move would change things for Jack, which is a bonus for us.

the quotes from the article make me think that he is firmly looked upon by southgate as a "winger" and not an out and out midfielder. Which is bad for Jack's England hopes because he isn't an out and out winger. 

Agreed with your last point, that even if Jack moved to United, he's not going to be playing out wide 100% of the time and that just hurts his chances. 

Â