The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The only reason to care is that Grealish really wants to play for England. It’s his dream after scoring the winner against small heath and getting Villa back up. His constant omission might lead him to think he has to leave to get called up. Get him to sign a new contract and I’ll be glad he’s not called up. Much less chance of injury and being tapped up while on duty. 

I imagine no reporters quizzed Southgate as to why Grealish was overlooked and quoted his stats compared to others he’s picked ahead of him... 

I’m gutted for the lad and even more disillusioned with the International team. 

I just hope he doesn’t put in a transfer request now to a ‘bigger’ team to appease the FA into selecting him. 

While this is a pretty daft decision, surely the inclusion/exclusion of Grealish must be compared to othe players that occupy his position/role. Phillips doesn't really come into it, more than it high lights the lack of good players in his position. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

It's clearly personal from Southgate against Jack as he contradicts himself. His first excuse was that Grealish was playing in the championship, then goes and selects some championship players. Then he says that there is lots of competition for his position, but overlooks him when Maddison was left out. Then he selects Mason Mount , who had performed significantly worse than Grealish this season.

I don't think solely playing for a bigger club would get him selected, as Mings is in the squad. It may put more pressure on Southgate, as there is an expectation from the public that players from those clubs will be selected at international level. 

Some say Southgate has got a nose for a good player, but I just think he has a big snout. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SeanVilla said:

Just worried it'll turn Jack's head. Also simply the injustice, Grealish must be gutted. 

He knows it’s not to do with the Villa, this is personal.  

He will see Mings got in so it’s not the Villa.....

He sees a Leeds player get in so not the level of the club.....

He sees Dier and Winks get in so it’s not quality.....

It’s personal!

• Like 4

Joining the list of flair players who barely play for Engand- Marsh, Worthington, Currie, and Le Tiss won barely won 50 caps between them. We don't know how to use talent, we get scared of it and rather have a team of honest grafters. That is one of the reasons why England have won one major trophy and reached 3 semi finals  in the past 70 years of international football.

• Like 3

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

While this is a pretty daft position, surely the inclusion/exclusion of Grealish must be compared to othe players that occupy that position. Phillips doesn't really come into it, more than it high lights the lack of good players in his position. 

Fair point - except when Grealish was on fire in the championship GS said he wouldn't pick him until he was playing in the prem - but now picks Kalvin Philips - with 0 prem appearances

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

if I was Grealish I would just tell him stick it - does he still have the option to play for Ireland ? - perhaps he should threaten to take that up - that would really turn the tables on Southgate

I too don't know if its too late.....but i would play for Eire, if i was Jack.

farcical decision by Southgate....is he just trying to be controversial for effect.

Southgate has talked versatility at a tournament being the reason he called Dier up. Jack has that more than most. This is probably born out of our ineptness and him having to do so much. 

Gareth also mentioned building the relationship back with fans. I think lying to fans, bare faced lies, will alienate the fans for sure. This will get called out in the coming days for me. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He knows it’s not to do with the Villa, this is personal.  

He will see Mings got in so it’s not the Villa.....

He sees a Leeds player get in so not the level of the club.....

He sees Dier and Winks get in so it’s not quality.....

It’s personal!

Its looking that way.....southgate should come out and say, because he is the only one who would leave jack out....why?

Just now, TRO said:

farcical decision by Southgate....is he just trying to be controversial for effect.

I think if Grealish went public and said he would now consider playing for EIRE - and thus never play for England that would really turn up the heat on Southgate.

I remember Bruce Rioch turned down scotland - but after many England snubs accepted there offer.

I don't think Grealish seeking a move over this makes much logical sense, he's disillusioned with Southgate, so don't think it would makes sense that he'd ask for a transer to play for him. That's not to say he won't leave, but if he does I don't think it will be because of Southgate not picking him for England.

• Like 2

Just now, useless said:

I don't think Grealish seeking a move over this makes much logical sense, he's disillusioned with Southgate, so don't think it would makes sense that he'd ask for a transer to play for him. That's not to say he won't leave, but if he does I don't think it will be because of Southgate not picking him for England.

I agree - if Manu meet the asking price I think he will go - all this doesn't change that.

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

if I was Grealish I would just tell him stick it - does he still have the option to play for Ireland ? - perhaps he should threaten to take that up - that would really turn the tables on Southgate

I believe (if I'm not mistaken) once you've changed once you can't change again. I'm not certain though. Ireland would absolutely build the team around him, but the issue is he'd be playing alongside players even worse than those at Villa!

I know he really wants to play alongside the likes of Sancho, Sterling and Kane and it would be fascinating to see him link up with them. Unfortunately until England changes its manager (which will hopefully be sooner rather than later) he's unlikely to get a look in. 

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

He's just plain thick. Also I wouldn't be surprised to find out he has some sort of grudge with Jack. 

Â