The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Quite simply Jack is not going to say a thing as he isn't in full control of his destiny , if Spurs offer a big money deal due to FFP we may have to take it that's the reality .My opinion is he is happy to stay for a least one more year and get one full season to help us get up its now down to Spurs making a big offer and us deciding to take it 

Realistically £25m+ and he can go - if he wants too .

We can't offer champions league, PL football , or England selections - hell we might only be an average championship side !  - JG has glittering career ahead of him - but he is also one bad tackle away from it being all over...... 

7 minutes ago, rubberman said:

New contract, £50m buyout to Champions league clubs only, big salary increase, team built around him.

Please thankyou.

Why would you want a buy out clause put in his contract? :lol:  

Surely you want to have the ultimate decision on the money? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, hippo said:

JG has a glittering career ahead but he is also one bad tackle away from it being all over...... 

That injury can happen regardless of whatever club he's playing for, so why not us? 

Fact is he's still a young player learning his trade. The only way he can do that is on the pitch. He needs to be getting minutes right now, not warming a bench, and I bet I know what will happen at Spurs. 

It really annoys me when young players move to big clubs on big money to sit on the bench. Young players can only improve through playing football at the highest level they can. If that is guaranteed minutes in the championship or a relegation battling Premier league club, then thats the best option in my view. 

Admittedly this is through claret and blue tinted glasses, but I reckon It's best for his career to stay with us right now. Next summer is when to look at it again, or possibly Jan if he sets the league alight in the next few months. Right now though, he's not a champions league standard midfielder. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent_Bob said:

I actually do hope that he goes for 35 mill or thereabout. If his mind isn't into it, we would do better without him, provided that we reinvest in new players. It's much more important that we go up this year than keeping Jack.

The thing is it's Bruce with the task of identifying players something which he struggles with.

Plus we won't be going anyway with him...though with him we have better chance.

The lack of news coming from either player or club is slightly worrying. If we need to sell then sell...it was 20 mil when we were in trouble and it's still 20 mil is now, according to reports.  If we don't need to sell...say it...then it's the players choice not ours if he wants the move.

Would love him to stay but if he goes he goes he goes. Good luck to him, no doubt he will be in the England squad soon playing for one of the media darlings.

It happened with Barry Milner downing young...move to a big club all of sudden they are great players 

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I remember not long ago feeling we finally have a villa lad, homegrown who wants to stay, yet we are forced into selling. Now it seems those roles may be reversed. Jack himself should just put an end to it all and declare he's staying, but hasnt. Thats the thing that unsettles me

It's just the press stirring i think.

When we had no money the line they used was he wants to stay but we have to sell him,  Now we have money it's we want to keep him but he wants to go.  For me that just says the press have no idea and are doing what they always do when they don't know a thing which is make it up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

We were a Premier League club when they left and on par with the clubs they went to. 

Now this season we are probably a midtable Championship club with no goalkeeper, a midfielder playing centre back, no fit strikers and 82 right backs. He be more crazy to stay if honest

This.

I'd love him to stay but put yourself in his shoes.  He has great talent and has a chance to play at the top level yeah he would like to play at that level with us but we aren't at that level and how long does he wait.  A footballers career is a short one and if he waits too long he could end up wasting his talent in the championship with us and have his whole retirement thinking what could have been.

I really hope he does stay but I won't hold anything against him if he does.  Just look at it this way put yourself in his shoes,  You are very talented and have the chance to guarantee playing at the top level right now,  or Do you wait in the hope that the club you're with manage to get there

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

To entice him to sign it?

20 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

no. 

Well, yes.   By no means perfect, but if his head has been turned it's not going to be easy to persuade him to sign.

15 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

I really hope he does stay but I won't hold anything against him if he does.  Just look at it this way put yourself in his shoes,  You are very talented and have the chance to guarantee playing at the top level right now,  or Do you wait in the hope that the club you're with manage to get there

I'd wait another 12 months as we will be back there ourselves. ;)

If I was as talented as Jack I wouldn't be leaving to go and sit on a bench.

And if it wants to be argued that he would breeze straight into their first XI then £40m is obviously very cheap as a price tag!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

It just sticks in the throat. Levy is a rocket polisher. Just pay a fair price, it’s painful enough being walked over, all other sides with class manage to do that.

JG is worth £40m in this climate. But it’s too late to spend the money wisely.

But most of all I want our management to show some bollocks, we have been utter fools and this contributes to the predicament we are currently in. 

• Like 1

Until a couple of weeks back, Jack was 100% certain that he would be sold. AVFC had to sell him!

Here we are a couple of days before the season starts, and Grealish still doesn't know whether he's staying or going. This has to be unsettling, especially as the club most likely to buy him have been playing silly buggers during this transfer window.

Levy still hopes that an unsettled JG will be cheaper than Villa's apparent asking price.

I don't think Jack will remain at Villa due to his value and the size of the FFP deficit, but whether he goes now or in January obviously depends on the size of any offers in the next few days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The one aspect of this that will play in our favour now is actually Levy himself. He was trying to low ball us and didn't even want to pull the trigger at - allegedly and arguably - circa £15m.

Now, if the "word is" type stuff is true and nobody is going for less than value, if a sale of them is countenanced at all, then Levy is going to feel a massive mug paying massive money for Grealish. And he knows he's going to look a massive mug as well. If we are telling him £30m+ he's going to be reluctant to expose himself to the mockery of having been turned over by himself as much as Villa.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â