The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

We don't play pretty football, we weren't promoted. Jack was the only good thing at the villa ATM. Even if we did get money, we haven't made many astute buys. We'd just waste it

Edited by Lord Willard

3 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

We don't play pretty football, we weren't promoted. Jack was the only good thing at the villa ATM. Even if we did get money, we haven't made many astute buys. We'd just waste it

We couldn’t spend it anyway - it would just go towards the losses. 

49 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

If we didn't replace him then yes but if he went for 20+ we could get some decent players signed and loaned with that which would leave us in a better position than keeping him. 

You're making a huge assumption that we will spend the money well. This is a club that spent £25m on Hogan and McCormack. I'll keep Grealish thank you very much.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

The only player I really care about staying.  Adomah, Kodj, Chester can leave if it means we can keep Jack here for another season.  The only one on Saturday that truly gave his all and can perhaps get us out of this league/mess.  

I agree wholeheartedly

Its not just making up money by selling players, you can also make money up by saving on wages

For example 26m would be around £500k/w - Terry, Gabby and Hutton will all be on about 120k between them, selling some of the loaned out players will add to this, plus fees and wages for Jed , Whelan, Lansbury etc

It can be done without selling Jack

The other thing to consider is that article which stated we needed to make up 40m admitted it used the books from last year, now I don't know at which point the figures were taken.. But its not impossible they included all the wages of the 5 players we had on loan who have gone back which are wages we are no longer are paying. If you average it at 30k per player that's already another 150k/w less than last year. Journalists always try to over dramatise, I would not be surprised if, as things stand, we are not far off where we need to be but obviously not in a position to bring in new players until some leave. 

Edited by Junxs
Additional comments
  • Like 2

So people think we should just intentionally fail FFP then. Cool. Xia  doesn't have much choice ffs.  Don't understand how you criticise him for selling Grealish.  He is our only major saleable asset. 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rodders said:

So people think we should just intentionally fail FFP then. Cool. Xia  doesn't have much choice ffs.  Don't understand how you criticise him for selling Grealish.  He is our only major saleable asset. 

He can’t suddenly claim to be a business man now after leaving us in this mess.  Gambled the club’s entire future on a two year promotion.

The first two transfer windows in the Championship may have ruined this club forever.

• Like 1

We bet the farm and lost. I would now hope the brain’s at Recon might be able to work out how we can work around FFP without stripping our club to the bones. 

Would selling Bodymoor to keep Jack Grealish at the club be worth it? 

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

We bet the farm and lost. I would now hope the brain’s at Recon might be able to work out how we can work around FFP without stripping our club to the bones. 

Would selling Bodymoor to keep Jack Grealish at the club be worth it? 

No - selling bodymoor to keep one player would be utter madness .

grealish would probably leave anyway when his contract is up and we’d be left with no cash for him and no training ground .

If Grealish stays then several others will need to be sold and either with or without jack promotion next season is far less likely - this is a long haul from here 

Edited by Eastie

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

He can’t suddenly claim to be a business man now after leaving us in this mess.  Gambled the club’s entire future on a two year promotion.

The first two transfer windows in the Championship may have ruined this club forever.

Far More blame at Lerner’s door for ruining this club than xia 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Can you imagine the unrest if we hadn't have gone for it in these two seasons? Was well within his rights to give it a real go.

You're right, but the recruitment policy was not exactly what I'd call smart. No long-term sense in giving McCormack/Taylor/Lansbury the contracts they were given. You cannot afford to take such gambles by giving players who will be old-ish such long, highly-paid contracts. He's done exactly the same as Lerner here. 

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

If Grealish does go, I really hope O'Hare can step up and Kodjia will have to become the main man again.

Seeing this last season and the consistency levels we need to go up are you sure you want Kodjia being the main point of our attack again?

Putting your faith in one person for a whole season simply doesnt work.

Id rather us blood Davis tbh, at least then we can play and attack as a team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Seeing this last season and the consistency levels we need to go up are you sure you want Kodjia being the main point of our attack again?

Putting your faith in one person for a whole season simply doesnt work.

Id rather us blood Davis tbh, at least then we can play and attack as a team.

Davis and Kodjia wouldn't be a bad pairing imo. 

Â