The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Does Jack have an alcohol problem? Come off it

Did I say Jack did? He's got an attitude problem nothing else. 

Edit: actually I take that back, I love my drink and many times I've had the biggest sessions and benders you can imagine. We are talking ridiculous amounts of alcohol.Yet in all my life I've never been completely unconscious on the street of a foreign country due to drinks and drugs. so yes, maybe he does have a problem. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Well if he's been fined he must have been out of order so rightfully gets criticised .

Whilst my personal view is I don't care if he does whatever, I don't care whether he had a drink, or took waccy baccy, or ate too many kebabs I do care if he breaks Club rules.

I'm not really bothered if a rule says " wear pink panties" - I don't care whether they are good rules or silly rules, any player breaking any of them is a step, greater or smaller, back down the road we are trying to leave behind, so pull your finger out Grealish.

I do think he is playing well enough to be missed, I think he was missed today, certainly first half, if for his movement alone.

Odd that we actually willingly started the game without our two highest scorers !

• Like 3

Would be interested to know whose decision it was to suspend him for our biggest game so far of the season, where he was clearly missed. Di Matteo always seems very supportive of jack even when he's naughty. If the decision came from elsewhere within the club and wasn't the idea of the manager, I have a bit of a problem with that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Would be interested to know whose decision it was to suspend him for our biggest game so far of the season, where he was clearly missed. Di Matteo always seems very supportive of jack even when he's naughty. If the decision came from elsewhere within the club and wasn't the idea of the manager, I have a bit of a problem with that.

Or maybe RDM just wanted to set an example?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Whilst my personal view is I don't care if he does whatever, I don't care whether he had a drink, or took waccy baccy, or ate too many kebabs I do care if he breaks Club rules

That was someone else......

Fair play, going on what some of you say/expect, it would be really shite to be a pro footballer!! Not allowed to have a beer on a day off, not allowed to enjoy your youth because apparently the fans solely contribute to your wages and always being on club duty even when your not on club duty!!! 

Sounds great!!! :mellow:

The kid is, well, still a kid!!

The club have investigated and clearly he's done something to warrant the suspension. 

That's twice in the space of 12 months that he's not been available to help this team because of his antics on a night out. 

I've been a huge fan and I've defended him a lot. Maybe it's the frustration of not winning games talking but honestly he can get ****. He needs to be outstanding on the pitch to win my support back. 

• Like 1

Jack is in danger of messing his career up if he continues in the same vein.

I appreciate he is 20yrs old and wants to do what all 20yr old do but he's made a life choice to be a professional footballer and blessed with the skills to do it. However, he has to realise, in this day and age whatever he chooses to do in his spare time will be scrutinised by the media, social networking and fans. It's the way of this current social environment.

If a 20yr old lad is out on the lash causing a disturbance at a hotel, it  would ordinarily be nothing to shout about. The difference with it being Jack Grealish is that he is supposed to be a professional athlete who is in the public spotlight and whatever time of day is a representative of Aston Villa Football Club.

I don't know the lad, but he doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the box and he needs decent people around him, not an entourage egging him on and spending his cash for him (and most likely 'leaking' the images of his parties to all and sundry for a little extra income!).

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

If a 20yr old lad is out on the lash causing a disturbance at a hotel, it  would ordinarily be nothing to shout about. 

I know what you are saying but I tell you if I heard my son was causing a disturbance at a hotel there would be hell to pay 20 yrs old or not,  he would get a right load of aggro from me. 

Just now, sidcow said:

I know what you are saying but I tell you if I heard my son was causing a disturbance at a hotel there would be hell to pay 20 yrs old or not,  he would get a right load of aggro from me. 

Likewise but I don't think Grealish has that kind of influence, quite the opposite.

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Likewise but I don't think Grealish has that kind of influence, quite the opposite.

Agreed. I think Jacky Boy has been told his whole life how 'special' he is. When a 17 year old lad's Dad is dictating to the club you know it is only going to spell trouble. If it doesn't work out for him here it will be all about how the club failed Jack I imagine..

• Like 1

His attitude is absolutely despicable for a 'fan'. He's nowhere near as good as he thinks, he's a bang average Championship player. 

When he's not giving the ball away to soft challenges, he's always cutting in and doesn't give us any width (like Ayew). However, Ayew is the far superior player. If we're 4-4-2 we have to play McCoremack and Kodjia with Ayew and Admoah on the wings. 

Grealish to buck up, or **** off.

Â