The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

I saw enough today to want him in the team against the bottom half teams. IMO he offers more than N'Zogbia, Richardson and Bacuna, yeah he gave the ball away a few times (no more than just about every other player) but at least he has a forward pass in him. The ball through to richardson was fine just good covering defending and initially the ball to him was slightly behind him - which to me is a constant in our play the only balls forward we want to play are from the back up to benteke every thing else goes accross and back i think with jack in the hole he can at least keep the ball moving forward. Saw enough in his closing down and work rate as well which makes me believe with game time he can do a good job for us.

• Like 4

Did enough today to justify a start, he gave the ball away a few times but if he plays games from the start he will have more opportunity to cut that out of his game and he undoubtedly offers a hell of a lot more than a number of our players in attack.

Looked good today. Worked hard made himself available and created a few changes, that cross for Benteke was very good and except for an excellent save we would have scored.

On the negative side he gave the ball away too easily in a dangerous position not long after he came on. He also could have done better for the shot he had and the pass to Richardson but hopefully those little things will improve over time.

Just needs some experience and game time to fully get up to speed. Hopefully he gets more game time in the future and would rather see him than N'Zogbia

On the negative side he gave the ball away too easily in a dangerous position not long after he came on.  Hopefully he gets more game time in the future and would rather see him than N'Zogbia

Who is, after all, the king of giving away possession in positions both safe and dangerous.

Dare I say he looks like a bit of a luxury player? Doesn't seem to have much to the defensive side of his game.

I know we're used to picking attacking players for their defensive work but honestly I don't see this as an issue.

impressed me today, looking like a cracking player, but we all said same about albrighton so i think we need to ease grealish in

Albrighton failed because he isn't very good, nothing more.

• Like 1

Got minutes, looked comfortable on the ball, played with his head up but made some mistakes and average/bad passes; no doubt he learnt something though.

Good on Lambert for bringing him on.

I concur, was brought on at the right time in the right game and his performance showed that.

He looks much better against teams that we are capable of attacking against in numbers. I hope he gets more game time, but I worry for us defensively when we play against teams that aren't in the bottom 4/5.

Dare I say he looks like a bit of a luxury player? Doesn't seem to have much to the defensive side of his game.

a luxury??

you mean like Glenn hoddle, david Silva, maradona??

we need luxury players- we need players with flair, flamboyance, to get bums of seats and people clapping. I'm so tired of watching the likes of Nzog who obviously hasn't got a clue.

Players like Grealish are going to get Villa park to full capacity- 28000 today is embarrassing- more luxury players please

• Like 1

But of a mixed bag from today's cameo for me. Put some lovely corners in, and played a lovely cross for Benteke's header. Thought he played a poor ball for Richardson's chance, and could've maybe done a little bit better for his own chance.

Definitely way more positives than negatives today though, and he's improving. That is the main thing for me. I think we will see more of these longer sub appearances for him as the season progresses until he is ready for a start.

Lambert clearly rates the lad, or he would have him out on loan again IMO.

a luxury??

you mean like Glenn hoddle, david Silva, maradona??

we need luxury players- we need players with flair, flamboyance, to get bums of seats and people clapping. I'm so tired of watching the likes of Nzog who obviously hasn't got a clue.

Players like Grealish are going to get Villa park to full capacity- 28000 today is embarrassing- more luxury players please

There is a difference between being an exciting attacking talent and a luxury player. Even players like Hazard at Chelsea are expected to work defensively.

He offered more than N'Zogbia or Cleverley which is basis enough for him to be starting ahead of those two.

He also almost cost us immediately after we scored the 2nd (it was really poor play to be honest). He's inexperienced and shouldn't be starting imo, but looks like he'll be a player in years to come.

I agree with the point you make but N'Zogbia gives the ball away in exactly the same way about 5 times a game so I don't think we can kill him for that.

For me he did well today nearly scored and nearly got a good assist. That is a lot more of an impact than Charles had in twice the time.

Not sure he really "believes" enough yet that he can properly impose himself on games but that will come this kid is a proper player and there is much more to come from him.

Â