The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

I wonder if it was a conscious decision to play him to get him to sign a new deal.

Interesting how little playing time he's got since signing it.

188 mins before...

0 mins since...

Selecting players ahead of him who can't run or control the ball can't be a good example to set.

I agree it's weird at least.

Absolutely no reason for his continued absence from the team. Surely he has to get some minutes in some of these 'easy' games? 

Saying that, he didn't score for the U21's. I would like to see him play as much as anyone though. He should be playing somewhere consistently, whether it's out on loan, U21's or the first team

He ought to be getting game time in some of the games coming. I think he needs to work on the defensive side of his game but he would have been a much better shout than Bent on Monday night who was a disastrous and pointless substitution.

• Like 1

He was tidy, not composed enough for the chance at the death but not many would be.

He could do with moving a bit more, quite often he was static after he picked another player out where Cole was on the go after he'd released it and moved more intelligently. Hopefully some of that will rub off on Jack. Technically he is good enough for this level, even to stand out at this level. Just up to him now how much graft he wants to put into it I spose.

Disappointed in Jack today. He didnt work hard enough for mine. Maybe a little cocky at the moment? He needs to increase his work rate. I can see why Lambert dropped him from the squad.. 

• Like 3

He does play with shin pads.  Aren't they just tiny.

I didn't think his work rate was that poor.  Not everyone has to run around like an andi weimman.  

He showed some good composure at times and was offering an option and finding space.  

Unlucky not to score it would have been a great moment.

I didn't think his work rate was that poor.  Not everyone has to run around like an andi weimman.  

He showed some good composure at times and was offering an option and finding space.  

In other words, they don't cover his shins?

No he doesn't have to be a headless chicken, but being static once you've played the ball, or remaining out of the game because you are covered when you could make a 5 yard run and help the guy on the ball out isn't a good look.

I think he'll turn otu to be a good little player, don't get me wrong, but players like le tissier earned the right to walk abotu sometimes. He has a bit to go before he's at that stage, and some would argue that the modern game does not include those types of players anymore. Flair players now are expected to be part of a hard working unit, good technique or not, you have to put a shift in.

Â