The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, tom_avfc said:

Genius? Its one of the most small time things I've ever seen. Its the sort of thing you'd kind of expect from Blues or Albion fans. 

Its also pretty weird. This whole "rivalry" with Leeds is completely bizarre.

tbh, Villas fans have been collectively going absolutely mental for days, I think it's hilarious someone took advantage of it and how desparately people latched on to fake info. He played us good and proper, and it was harmless.

Fair enough he wants to leave. Thanks for the memories. Hopefully he leaves with a bit of respect and we can be polite to him when he comes to VP. I won’t boo him.

But I really do hope he does a Danny Drinkwater.

• Like 3

Just think back to March last year when the news broke about him breaking lockdown rules and crashing his car (quite possibly or probably whilst drunk).

Some of us on here were calling for the club to sack him and hand Mings the captaincy.

Well now we've got sort of that scenario but £100m in the bank. Not the worst outcome ever. Especially for someone who has no shin bones.

Bit crushed honestly. I feel stupid for buying in and believing he was one of us. Come to terms with it over the last day or so but Christ, I wish City would just do one off to the ESL with the rest of their ilk and take their new asset with them never to be seen again.

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

The King is dead.......l

Long live the King

spacer.png

If you were Emi or other players at Villa on the one hand you’d be upset to not get to play with quality like Jack. On the other hand you’re probably relieved the whole tactic will no longer be pass to Jack.

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

it would have been a masterstroke.....IF he had stayed.

The way the club have handled it, especially the whole public circus thing, is reminiscent of something from the Lerner or Xia days....the only thing missing was no XIA tweeting lmao.

I am surprised as I thought we had tightended the comms side of things up. I dont buy that this resort thing was booked ages ago, they easily could have cancelled a booking, cost wouldnt matter to the club. Its caused us lot on VT to have a collective breakdown!

I still think it has been a master stroke!

NSWE, Smith and everyone else comes out smelling of roses…

Its been a case of…

”Well, we won’t hold you back Jack.,, After all, it’s you who said you love the club… but you’ve got to make your own mind up, we don’t want to influence you”

and handed Grealish the rope to hang himself with…

Take the money and fingers crossed, his career implodes…

Maybe even gets caught drink driving again and does a prison stretch or something! - That’d be funny!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't care about any of that "one of us" stuff, he's a footballer and his career comes first. What really annoys me about this is that he said he fully bought into our project. At the time he had Manchester United in for him, so it's not like nobody wanted to buy him so he just hung around. He spurned their advances to be part of this project. Now, if we didn't make significant strides since then, fair enough. But we did, 20 points better off, the most points for an 11th placed team since the 20 team format began. Broke our transfer record again etc etc. This is a kick in the teeth for footballing reasons.

I'm convinced his Euros experience made him want to join Man City. He loved the adoration and the celebrity status he was getting. He clearly wants the brightest lights shining on him full time. Que Sera sera.

41 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Jeez this is getting nasty now. We’re all gutted and varying degrees of angry but I’m dreading the abuse he’s going to get on his social media and at VP. It’s going to sour every good memory we’ve had in the last few years. Why do it to ourselves?

Because they always leave

3 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Genius? Its one of the most small time things I've ever seen. Its the sort of thing you'd kind of expect from Blues or Albion fans. 

Its also pretty weird. This whole "rivalry" with Leeds is completely bizarre.

its the lengths he went through too! either setting up new accounts or getting mates to validate his supposed ITK!

credit where it's due for fooling people, but i'd be embarrassed as a leeds fan

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

He will be a success at Man City, if they use him right he'll be their best player other than De Bruyne, the only thing that might stop that is if they try and use him as central midfielder in rotation with Gündoğan as I've read they might do, he'll still do okay for them and get game time but that postion won't get out the best in him, he needs to be in the final third being allowed to be creative.

Let’s face it, with the way Man City play their number 8 spends most of the game in the final third being creative around the penalty box. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

CJ Golson's only been a Leeds fan for a few months and he's already a **** weirdo.

It is absolutely crazy, but not as crazy as the people on here who convinced themselves not only must he have heard something, but it was probably secret info directly from Wes to reassure us. 

10 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

He was a Villa captain, they should be leaders, not walk out on the club and to Middlesbrough. They were a blip, they are not Villa.

Yeah that's the view from the stands,  and it sure hurts us fans when they leave. But in reality the best players are also ambitious professionals who are going to want to progress when the club isnt. 

The toughest thing to take now is that we are progressing fast, and yet we still can't keep hold of someone who supposedly loves the club. For me this hurts most and will probably be the sorest walkout of all my favourite players

Not suggesting we upgrade Southgate to club legend 😬

Â