The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

38 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

There. That's everything he's said from what I can make out.

Could be rubbish and he doesn't sound convinced himself but he called Traore and Barkley last summer so who knows?

Whether it’s rubbish or not, cheers.

What does “it’s lower than paper talk at the minute” mean? The chance of him leaving is less than being made out?

59 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Depends what you choose to believe. Meetings with Pep, himself and his management team earlier in the year. He will have known a bid was incoming as he and his team will have been sounded out so he could at that point told the club if they bid 100 million and meet the release clause he wants to go. 

The rumours of City going to bid appeared in the media as the euros started so again he could have let the club as those rumours will have come from info from city end. The clearing in the woods on talksport got his info from Stellar about the bid when announced Grealish was off, again how long ago was that and it looks like the club will only find out on Monday what his intentions are.

As a so called fan and for the club he has been at since he was six I am disappointed that he has treated the club this way.

Sounds like you can believe whatever you want... 

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

What does “it’s lower than paper talk at the minute” mean? The chance of him leaving is less than being made out?

No, he's talking about the supposed fairytale signings we might make and saying that he's really not confident of them happening.

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

No problem. Definitely worth at least a read. He doesn't seem a typical needy ITK and has actual history so worth keeping an eye on.

I took it as he means most of the talk at the moment isn't even paper talk, it's just rumours, hearsay or pure bullshit. Can't argue with that.

6 minutes ago, a-k said:

I'm prepared to be disappointed, but a part of me thinks Jack and NSWE know he's staying and are purposely letting this drag out.

1) we troll the f*** out of the soulless club who think they can cherrypick and bully teams with their money

2) all the talk of Grealish being the record British transfer, how great of a player he is and why Pep wants him, etc. for the entire weekend (and more) is already raising his profile even more

3) when NSWE reject this bid, it shows we have a lot of balls and are not to be messed with

Plot twist, Jack wants to stay but the club is happy to listen to offers because of his shins...

6 minutes ago, a-k said:

I'm prepared to be disappointed, but a part of me thinks Jack and NSWE know he's staying and are purposely letting this drag out.

1) we troll the f*** out of the soulless club who think they can cherrypick and bully teams with their money

2) all the talk of Grealish being the record British transfer, how great of a player he is and why Pep wants him, etc. for the entire weekend (and more) is already raising his profile even more

3) when NSWE reject this bid, it shows we have a lot of balls and are not to be messed with

Would love it if Jack was in on it. Accept the bid, let them talk, and Jack simply tells them to do one. Would be wild. 

• Like 1

SSN now reporting 100 million on the table and Villa are leaving it up to Jack to decide. I doubt that's the truth or it works like that these days. Would be a bit harsh putting it on jack, the club know he would get killed on social media and the like, if they knew it was his decision to go.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

SSN now reporting 100 million on the table and Villa are leaving it up to Jack to decide. I doubt that's the truth or it works like that these days. Would be a bit harsh putting it on jack, the club know he would get killed on social media and the like, if they knew it was his decision to go.

Thats why they done it for to show the fans its jacks choice.

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Plot twist, Jack wants to stay but the club is happy to listen to offers because of his shins...

Plot twist, Man City havent bid 100m but have received a 100m bid from Villa for Foden.  Phil looking to force the move and will hand in a transfer request to make his feelings known.  City to agree to the deal to fund a move for Cantwell.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Maybe thats why we're doing that? Jack wouldnt risk tarnishing is relationship with villa fans.

He'll know himself if he signs that contract, he has god status at VP

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Not harsh at all! In fact they are being incredibly generous. “We have you for 4 years, Jack. We’re investing heavily and we want you to be at the heart of this. You can be a Villa legend. But we realize the service you have given to this club and if you really want to leave we won’t stop you”.

I noticed on VillaTV today they were doing their best not to mention his name, at one point they went through all the names that had been or are away on international duty but when it came to the England players they just referred to them as that 'the England players' but then did mention Mings at other times.

Maybe it was just because they didn't want to mention his because it then would be strange not to comment on the rumours and they didn't want to do that.

3 minutes ago, Joey2Arms said:

It’s all very strange isn’t it. 24 hours later and no response at all to the bid. Oh to be a fly on the wall in the boardroom. 

NSWE still laughing!

Â