The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Talk of us being in a relegation battle if Grealish goes is wildly pessimistic. If you compare the team we will have to what we had two years ago and we're better/the same in literally every position bar Grealish.

GK: Martinez > Heaton/Reina

LB: 2021 Targett > 2019 Targett

CB: 2021 Mings = 2019 Mings

CB: 2021 Konsa > 2019 Konsa/Engels

RB: Cash > Guilbert/Elmo

CM: 2021 Luiz > 2019 Luiz

CM: 2021 McGinn = 2019 McGinn

Wingers: Bailey/Traore > Trezeguet/El Ghazi

CAM: Buendia < Grealish

ST: Watkins > Wesley

Obviously we don't know exactly where Buendia for example will play but even if Bailey is our only other major signing (and if Grealish goes he won't be), we're in MUCH better shape. Very real chance that 3rd and 4th choice CMs this season could be McGinn and Nakamba. Two seasons ago it was Hourihane and Lansbury.

I really don't consider 2021 Luiz any better than 2019 Luiz and I would argue Mcginn may have slightly regressed.

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

I really don't consider 2021 Luiz any better than 2019 Luiz and I would argue Mcginn may have slightly regressed.

Luiz has definitely come on. He's still got areas to improve on but he does look better. McGinn I think just looks worse despite not actually being worse because he's now playing in a better team.

I don't think we'll be in a relegation battle if Jack goes, but that does depend on us getting some quality in with the money. A replacement winger like Bailey and a dominant central midfielder. We didn't have Buendia or Young last year, and we've lost nobody else of note. I expect the likes of Cash, Konsa, Watkins and Luiz to be better footballers than they were last season.

I don't think for a second we'll be as good as we would have been if he were here though. He's a genuinely world class player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

The people in the club shop know **** all about any of our incomings or outgoings. 

Amazingly, all those journos that are so well connected with our club, said nothing about Bailey today.

This is so annoying too, it's a big signing this. Good job we don't know any so called Journo's locally, as they deserve a kick in the nuts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Luiz has definitely come on. He's still got areas to improve on but he does look better. McGinn I think just looks worse despite not actually being worse because he's now playing in a better team.

Luiz has got a lot better, just needs to find consistency, which is why the summer he's had is shit for us 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

This is so annoying too, it's a big signing this. Good job we don't know any so called Journo's locally, as they deserve a kick in the nuts.

They know nothing about our second biggest transfer to date, yet expect us to believe they know the inner thoughts of whether NSWE will accept a bid from Man City.

words removed. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AV82 said:

100%. I do understand the frustration. This is leagues above Young and Milner leaving and it's going to hurt.

yeah, I get the value of the player to us.

9 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

The people in the club shop know **** all about any of our incomings or outgoings. 

Amazingly, all those journos that are so well connected with our club, said nothing about Bailey today.

Yeah, comical that.

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He has come on since his very early days, but it was an average season for him last season. His best run of form was post lockdown in his first season.

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

You've assumed Jack's intentions. No need to berate him when we only know of hearsay.

Well we can revisit this on Monday when we do know his intentions then and see if I am close.

11 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Honestly, if I could be arsed I would individually contact every single one of these ITK's around Villa and tell them all that they are lying, scheming, clueless clearings in the woods. 

For all we know we come out tomorrow with a new deal for Jack and there hasn't even been a bid. 

And I'm including Percy in that too from what I've seen of the last 10 days. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

yeah, I get the value of the player to us.

TRO he has basically done an O'Neil and look how long it took us to recover. Had he told the club he wanted to leave we could have been much better prepared

1 minute ago, dounavilla said:

Any guesses to the number of pages before this moves to "off topic" 😔?

One hundred million.

Â