The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Imagine it starting in 2018 to now… **** me what a rollercoaster

Sweet. I got to mentally hear that in full Radio Norwich speak.

Edited by ccfcman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The puzzle just doesn't add up. Jack's potentially leaving at the very tipping point that we go from what we were to a top 6 club. Bailey and Buendia? Possibly more? We're clearly showing huge ambition and I feel we will have a great season ahead - yet Jack wants Citeh? It's odd. 

Just now, Jareth said:

The puzzle just doesn't add up. Jack's potentially leaving at the very tipping point that we go from what we were to a top 6 club. Bailey and Buendia? Possibly more? We're clearly showing huge ambition and I feel we will have a great season ahead - yet Jack wants Citeh? It's odd. 

Maybe he doesn’t want to wait for ‘jam tomorrow’ ? He can pretty much guarantee success at City and play and train with world class players under one of the best managers out there. I don’t think there is anything odd about that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Maybe he doesn’t want to wait for ‘jam tomorrow’ ? He can pretty much guarantee success at City and play and train with world class players under one of the best managers out there. I don’t think there is anything odd about that.

I think the big question is also what "success" would be good enough for him at Villa. Playing in Europe? There's a good chance we qualfy this season. Cup run? Not out of the question he gets to play in another final and perhaps be the captain to finally lift another FA Cup or League Cup for us.

How does doing that for your club compare to winning the league and challenging for the CL with another team? 

I like to think I know what I'd be thinking in his shoes, and it'd involve scoring the winning goal against Man City in the league, and leading the Holte in a chorus of "you can shove your hundred million up your arse".

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CroydonDebruyne said:

Be honest, even in the best case scenario it will take Villa years to come close to competing for the league / Champions League. 

That's not to say he wouldn't stay, but to say it doesn't make sense to consider City is crazy.

We aren't that far away from competing for that 4th place spot. We were in range for it half of last season until Jack went down. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CroydonDebruyne said:

Be honest, even in the best case scenario it will take Villa years to come close to competing for the league / Champions League. 

That's not to say he wouldn't stay, but to say it doesn't make sense to consider City is crazy.

I'm not ignoring all the reasons why Citeh makes sense, but just looking at the big picture - to go to Citeh Jack must have a burning desire for champions league etc - but it is blatantly obvious that Villa are making huge strides, with Jack in the team next season we will challenge top 4. Might call that overly optimistic but Bailey and Buendia? Massive signings. Jack's either hugely impatient or not leaving - and I haven't sensed any impatience in him before. 

Just now, Fox in peace said:

Exactly this. Its nothing to do with money really. Guaranteed trophies and European football. 

Buying trophies you mean not winning trophies.

Jacks staying

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

We aren't that far away from competing for that 4th place spot. We were in range for it half of last season until Jack went down. 

I don't disagree with that but I feel like villas trajectory is just too far behind jacks to be certain. Qualifying for CL is one thing, competing for it is another. 

10 minutes ago, CroydonDebruyne said:

We could have finished 6th even with Grealish's injury if cash hadn't gotten injured and suspended. Our replacement easily cost us 8pts in 3 of the games he played without even factoring in his non threat on the attack or his lack of defensive prowess overall. 

We have massively upgraded on the wings since last season. And brining back Guilbert from loan instead of Elmo makes our rb depth among the best in the league outside you lot and city of course 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

There’s something off about this deal with me. 

Percy and Sam Lee are both saying the same story. So I’m running with his one over the other noise. 
they are claiming it inevitable and everyone has agreed on the deal. Both teams and jack with Man City. 

so, why isn’t this officially been announced? What’s the delay? If 100m was the release clause, Percy and Lee would of stated as such. And Man City would of put out a statement like our Bailey announcement. Or something like current trend in this window. “a deal has been agreed in principle.” Same goes if the fee has been agreed with Villa.

This delay is is clearly because jack is away. Is Jack allowing one last punt from villa to keep him before he goes. Or the more the more likely Man City want the proper announcement in the kit and shizz.  

8 minutes ago, Fox in peace said:

Exactly this. Its nothing to do with money really. Guaranteed trophies and European football. 

More I think, money, trophies, European football...size of his profile, especially if its coming with a record transfer 

Man City simply have more reach and exposure, this shite that Perez and the Juve guy were spouting about kids in Asia not supporting clubs anymore but following players, i agree with them it's true, and you aren't becoming one of those players playing for Aston Villa or Leicester, they don't even have to watch football anymore to become an idol, the player just needs that profile and everything about grealish to me screams that if he went to city they'd push for him to be that idol, we can't compete with that, a million kids in South East Asia will buy a man City jack grealish shirt... That being what football is all about now and the player himself wanting that is something different entirely... But villa can not compete with man City on that front, it will take a decade plus of swimming against the tide to get there with them probably once again introducing new rules to stop it if we get close

Football is ****, has been for a long time

Just now, villa4europe said:

We're **** miles off it mate 

Nothing to do with us and our progression which is good, look at the squads of the top 4, imagine that Liverpool will probably be the weakest of the 4 favourites, we're not near them are we... Even before someone shouts 7-2!!!! Be realistic, they're about £400m ahead of us 

So about 2/3 years then. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

There’s something off about this deal with me. 

Percy and Sam Lee are both saying the same story. So I’m running with his one over the other noise. 
they are claiming it inevitable and everyone has agreed on the deal. Both teams and jack with Man City. 

so, why isn’t this officially been announced? What’s the delay? If 100m was the release clause, Percy and Lee would of stated as such. And Man City would of put out a statement like our Bailey announcement. Or something like current trend in this window. “a deal has been agreed in principle.” Same goes if the fee has been agreed with Villa.

This delay is is clearly because jack is away. Is Jack allowing one last punt from villa to keep him before he goes. Or the more the more likely Man City want the proper announcement in the kit and shizz.  

I’ve convinced myself that they’re waiting for Grealish to come back and he’ll be given the opportunity to sit in front of the owners and coaches. After that he’ll either sign new contract or head out to Man City.

• Like 1

Â