The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I favour him staying... lets get that clear.....but lets also put some perspective back in to things.

If Jack is the only reason we are in the league, we have a huge problem.....if your saying from the past maybe....if your saying now currently, then we have huge problem, one player will not keep you in this League.

IMO Emi Martinez would push Jack close for that claim.

Jack right now is our talisman and is huge part of our stature.....but I say again, if you think we will be relegated, without him, we have been building wrong and our project has faultlines.....but I don't believe that for one minute.

I do believe one of two are overrated, but that can be fixed with financial resource.

Even if Jack stays and I sincerely hope he does, we have to move away from relying so much on one player, its a weakness in itself.

I'm referring to the 2019/20 season. 

He single handedly kept us in the league. 

People would do well to remember that. The reason we were able to buy Martinez, Watkins, Cash, Traore et al is because of Jack. 

Edited by Steero113

I don't get all this talk about it being a choice between trophies with Man City or a statue outside the ground with us, the only way he'd get a statue outside the ground is if he won something like the league or European Cup with us, and even then I doubt it. People talk about Grealish as if he's the only good player we've ever had or ever will have.

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

You think players like McGinn and Targett won’t understand how important Jack is to the club, and how good he is?

Exactly. The idea that the other players will worry about this is ludicrous. Grealish makes them look better as players and is the reason we compete at the level we do. They should just be damn happy they get to play alongside him, regardless of salary. 
I don't see players at Barcelona worrying about how much Messi earns. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Last summer he signed a new deal to 2025 and said 'my club, my city' as well as that he believes in the project etc. Since then we have made huge steps forward. No one forced him to sign that deal or say those words so to leave now is pretty snakey tbh, especially to City

I blame Southgate for everything.

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

People would do well to remember that. 

Nonsense. We were going down until Covid kicked in and paused the season. When it restarted again it was as clear as day that Smith and the coaches had used the break to improve the defence. That is what kept us in the league. We were so much more robust afterwards. Funnily enough, the spell after the covid break until the end of the season, Grealish was quite poor by his standards.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Nonsense. We were going down until Covid kicked in and paused the season. When it restarted again it was as clear as day that Smith and the coaches had used the break to improve the defence. That is what kept us in the league. We were so much more robust afterwards. Funnily enough, the spell after the covid break until the end of the season, Grealish was quite poor by his standards.

Also the real stalwalt performers through that run were Luiz and Trezeguet. Yes Grealish scored on the last day, but he wasn't the one who got us to the last day with a chance of staying in the league.

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Nonsense. We were going down until Covid kicked in and paused the season. When it restarted again it was as clear as day that Smith and the coaches had used the break to improve the defence. We were so much more robust afterwards. Funnily enough, the spell after the covid break until the end of the season, Grealish was quite poor by his standards.

Everyone has their opinion and I respect yours. 

I just think there's going to be a lot of red faced apologies from massively OTT reactions claiming 'he's a snake', a 'traitor' and 'scum' if he signs a new deal on Monday. 

We haven't even had a resolution to this and people have resolved that he's off and has **** us off for a laugh. 

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't get all this talk about it being a choice between trophies with Man City or a statue outside the ground with us, the only way he'd get a statue outside the ground is if he won something like the league or European Cup with us, and even then I doubt it. People talk about Grealish as if he's the only good player we've ever had or ever will have.

You must see that he is a once in a generation talent for Villa, and keeping him would be a once in a generation opportunity. 

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Like we did after those players left? 

If we act like a small time club, we’ll be a small time club. 

I always temper expectations because football is complex, and sometimes even with best endeavours external factors can conspire to make things difficult, but this decision is in our own hands. 

We didn't because we was run different,by poor owners, but we survived in the main, but yes we was run by small time people.....we are in a different place now with our current owners....they can turn a negative in to a positive.

The irony is, its probably only "England" that has inspired this, which he craved for.....but he has shown far more skill for us than for England....not saying he was bad for England, just better for us.

Just now, RichiBoi11 said:

Also the real stalwalt performers through that run were Luiz and Trezeguet. Yes Grealish scored on the last day, but he wasn't the one who got us to the last day with a chance of staying in the league.

True. It was by far Luiz and Trezeguet's best spells for the club.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah I hope it's all rubbish, I do believe it is anyhow and untill I see an announcement off the club or window shuts.

Best thing to do is not get caught in this mess of believing it all till the clubs of City or Villa announce. I believe that media people or account users in media platforms/company's, who have different motives of generating money or beating/competing against one n other to clicks and views will just continue to talk bullshit all the way mate. It's all encouragement for them to continue doing this practice because it all just pays in one way or another.

I agree with all that but when Percy is reporting it it no longer is unsubstantiated rubbish.

Its up to the club to stand firm if they want to keep him.

Just now, Steero113 said:

Everyone has their opinion and I respect yours. 

I just think there's going to be a lot of red faced apologies from massively OTT reactions claiming 'he's a snake', a 'traitor' and 'scum' if he signs a new deal on Monday. 

We haven't even had a resolution to this and people have resolved that he's off and has **** us off for a laugh. 

I don't want to go down the snake route either and don't think I can ever bring myself to hate him.

I just can't stop thinking about the words "My City. My Club. My Home". If he did leave less than 12 months after those words then I just can't help but feel like they weren't honest. He said he was sold on the future plans of the club, not just the next 12 months or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Grealish might be a once in a generation talent but that alone doesn't mean he's going to get a statue outside the ground unless he actually wins something significant with us, would be as bad as small heath retiring Bellingham's shirt.

• Like 2

Still zero correspondence from club rejecting this supposed bid.

I'd feel a little happier if they at least interacted, I know it's not the norm but this is a huge matter for all concerned.

all I.can guess is Skype meeting discussing this through.

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

People would do well to remember that. The reason we were able to buy Martinez, Watkins, Cash, Traore et al is because of Jack. 

Hey! this is not a Jack bashing contest, we know how influential he has been for us, we'd be daft if we didn't......but Jack is one player, he can't take us to where we want to be on his own....no one player can.

• Like 4

Â