The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The owners will clearly have a plan to get us into the top 4 with and without Jack but it will become much harder without him. Our record was very close to relegation form last season without him so this would be very dangerous territory. So they would have to reinvest that money very well.

I'm not confident that will happen. Our signings were better last summer but Leicester seem to spend their money much better than we do which is why they are where they are. They signed Tielemans and Pereira after finishing midtable, this summer we've signed Buendia and a 35-year old Young.

So for me, if they sell him we will be in big trouble. £100m is not enough and I'm not confident it will be spent wisely after losing a player that is the best I've seen since Dwight Yorke. They won't sell him voluntarily regardless of price imo (they don't need the money) so it would only be if Jack asked for a move. 

If he did that, I'd lose respect for him. Our owners have been fantastic and he said he was on board with their plans when he signed the new deal last September. He's only 25, he could easily stay another 3 years and still go and win things and we would by then (I hope) be in a strong enough position to cope with his sale.

If we were still owned by Lerner I could perhaps understand it, but we're not. Jack knows the owners have the wealth and ambition to make us a top team. But if it's a case of we have to make top 4 next season or he's off, that for me is a really shitty attitude regardless of how good he is and I don't think it would be fair. But let's hope that won't be the case. 

• Like 1

I like the way we have gone about our business thus far and I believe it has been done with the realisation that Jack will most likely be going. We have managed to get a key target in early, a creative playmaker, possibly Jack's replacement, before we are in possession of the vast sum Jack will go for. A very wise move as we know prices rise when you are sat on a pile of cash. In addition, any discussion and subsequent deal for Jack will take place after the tournament, in the hope he has a blinder and adds more to his price. The fact that big nose is an absolute word removed and won't pick him, is a slight set back and wasn't part of the plan, but there is still time. However, it is also this fact that will be the reason Jack will feel he needs to leave, as he won't be overlooked when playing for Man City. The only reason Jack won't go is if the price isn't right and it has to be for us to sell and it can't be any less than £100M. It looks to me as though Villa have made the right decisions regarding what is a massive change to the club, so as much as I don't want him to leave, I'm happy we have gone about our business in the best way for the club. It will also be very interesting to see how much of he money we spend and on who????

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

The complete 180 in the space of a few hours on this yesterday is entertaining. Feels as though Villa have jumped straight on the rumour and completely quashed it. Purslow on the blower to Sky telling them exactly what’s what! 

Has a ‘confirmed’ and ‘agreed’ transfer story fallen apart so quickly? It’s a joke. The media disrespect needs to stop. 

19 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Devils advocate. Just using names we’ve been linked to:

We use the Jack money to buy…

JWP, Sarr, ESR, Alvarez, De Arrascaeta

Are we not a better team? 

Not for me. Jack is elite level now. He wins you matches and I think he's ready to win titles. 

We'd have to bring in someone like Messi, Haaland or Mbappe that calibre of player to truly replace Jack.

That's why last season I wanted us to go all out for Cavani as he's still an elite performer but with that winning mentality that Jack has.

We could do with finding a Bruno Fernandes (sabre toothed knobend) , who has been worth his weight in gold.

Saw that thing yesterday on England youtube channel were Jack was saying his ambition was to win the champions league like Chilwell and something with England. 

The England team has always been a cancer to us when it comes to getting players heads turned. Not saying he'll go but it dont help. Especially when theres champions league winners in your head everyday. Its a homewrecker..Villa are the perfect wife at home that you love and the England camp is like spending 3 weeks away from her with a bunch of supermodels who are constantly flirting with you and trying get in your pants. No matter how much you love the wife, you're gonna shag the supermodel. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

The complete 180 in the space of a few hours on this yesterday is entertaining. Feels as though Villa have jumped straight on the rumour and completely quashed it. Purslow on the blower to Sky telling them exactly what’s what! 

What I'd like to see here is Purslow strolling behind with an inflatable knob. Dont watch SSN anymore, purely cos of this kind of crap

4 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Saw that thing yesterday on England youtube channel were Jack was saying his ambition was to win the champions league like Chilwell and something with England. 

The England team has always been a cancer to us when it comes to getting players heads turned. Not saying he'll go but it dont help. Especially when theres champions league winners in your head everyday. Its a homewrecker..Villa are the perfect wife at home that you love and the England camp is like spending 3 weeks away from her with a bunch of supermodels who are constantly flirting with you and trying get in your pants. No matter how much you love the wife, you're gonna shag the supermodel. 

And catch the clap

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Would you? I wouldn’t 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Not everyone would. Some people have standards, decency and loyalty. Grealish said these words last year: My City. My Club. My Home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Not everyone would. Some people have standards, decency and loyalty. Grealish said these words last year: My City. My Club. My Home.

What? City is his club? His home? Oh no!

Respect to those that are adamant he isn’t leaving.  I prefer to look at worst case scenario and then if it doesn’t happen it’s a bonus. 

If he does go I really hope we are spending all of the money from the transfer in addition to Beundia signing and it’s not just factored in. 

Barnett has beem consistent in trying to sell Jack including that interview a few weeks back, he is a piece of shit. Yet if was Mendes or Raiola he would be labelled a poison on football 

Just now, Zatman said:

Barnett has beem consistent in trying to sell Jack including that interview a few weeks back, he is a piece of shit. Yet if was Mendes or Raiola he would be labelled a poison on football 

His job is to get the most money for his client. All this talk of leaving will be helping achieve that objective. 

Â