The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Jack seems to keep referencing players who have stayed at one club all their careers. He quite randomly spoke about Totti recently and just yesterday he was saying how iconic he though Gabby was and that he regularly speaks to him. People need to put two and two together and get to four, not some figure made up by the press. I’m sure the “Quite Big 6” have plenty of contacts in the press who are only too willing to help whatever agenda they have but as @KangarooVillan says above, we don’t have to fall for it every time. 

He was asked about Totti, Jack didn't bring him up

6 minutes ago, irishvilla1874 said:

Villa can never become City if a player like Jack leaves us for them.

This is the Bayern model and it's worked for them for decades. Any team that starts to challenge them you buy their best players and they fall away.

It's s lot harder to do in England with so many top clubs, but the aim is always to keep the top 4-5 nailed down.

We have sold to city before and fallen away as a result. I hope we don't make the same mistake again. 

• Like 3

The computer game you have been playing for years you keep getting to the next level and someone offers you a cheat code to get to the last boss to finish the game.  

That is the choice to join City basically or stay and finish the job you started as a kid.

If you get stuck on the game and can't get any further without cheating then fair enough but you are going along nicely at the moment and can see the end game!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, irishvilla1874 said:

Villa can never become City if a player like Jack leaves us for them.

Tbf I don't think we can anyway. Leicester level is imo a realistic target 

• Shocked 1

Not that long ago, City was absolute shit and lucky to finish top half, nevermind actually win the damn thing.  New filthy rich owner and bam now they are perennial winners/contenders.   A lot of people I know who are City fans or Man U fans and I bring up that its ridiculous how much their owners spend, irritating, what have you, and their stock response is always:'You're just jealous'.

Would I love for us to go out and splash 80 plus million on a player and not really be affected financially? Sure. But overall, I am more than happy with the model that Edens and Co. seem to be doing. Yes we have spent a fair amount since they took over with Ollie, Buendia. Emi, etc. But they have been shrewd moves and are about building the future not the imo win now and f the future that teams like City seem to thrive on and embrace.

Will Jack ultimately go there? At the end of the day, I really think not. Yes, he would have a great shot to win several trophies, but in my heart I think the love he for Villa will win out and he want to finish what he has started here and win a trophy with us.

23 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

The whole England shambles is our biggest enemy at the moment. Jack wants to prove that he is the best by playing against and beating the best on the biggest stage. England gives him the opportunity to do that but for some reason big nose does not deem him worthy. If Jack moves to City, he will not only play in massive matches for them, he will make it impossible for Safegate to ignore him.

Jack is a driven individual. He is not like a Le Tiss who was largely quite lazy. He wants to step up and keep proving himself. I think we will just about be able to convince him to stay for one more year but unless we get a new England manager or Villa qualify for CL I’m sure he will leave next season. Jack always speaks in awe of City. You can tell that he is drawn to them. 

I think this is fairly plausible. He’s not a Le Tiss. He will need Villa to be challenging for trophies ASAP.

Personally I think if he stays this summer (and we add one or two quality players), our squad is starting to look deep enough to challenge for top 6. That might keep him here.

• Like 1

All the work behind the scenes that the NSWE board has put in, the coaching team, the investment in youth , ...all that has been put in place so the departure of one man doesn't derail the project.

Would love Jack to stay. But we aren't a two Bob outfit that has stumbled on one good player. Jack is irreplaceable - but we have some other very decent players as well.

• Like 4

The difference with city, when they first came in the money they spent was on Aguero, Silva, Toure and initially Robinho.

The like of Leicester and Spurs especially spent their money on hood players (ndombele, lo celso) ect Stating ambitious signings.

City bought the best right from the off, they are a different beast and genuinely not something I think we can attain.

It would be a sad day not to see Grealish in a Villa shirt, but he would genuinely go with my blessing, and heart break.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

All the work behind the scenes that the NSWE board has put in, the coaching team, the investment in youth , ...all that has been put in place so the departure of one man doesn't derail the project.

Would love Jack to stay. But we aren't a two Bob outfit that has stumbled on one good player. Jack is irreplaceable - but we have some other very decent players as well.

After seeing our team get ripped apart 10+ years ago and watching, Milner, Barry, Young all slowly leave I am fairly numb to it all now. If we lost Emi, Watkins, Konsa, it would be a big set back but I'm confident we can replace them. We obviously can't replace Jack but we'd have some serious money to spend and I trust our scouting set up to come good long term. For me, it's more the fact he's a Villa fan, the captain, been here all his life and I've watched him since he was a kid, it will pain me to see him playing for City or anyone else. He is the heart of this club and while nobody is bigger than the club he's not far off it.

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm sure it's been posted but this boosted my mood from Jack yesterday

I didn’t always trust Gabby to finish a chance in front of goal, but I do trust him to be talking up staying at Villa to Jack. He’s got a lot of Villa people around him and that extended family of sorts does mean a lot to him, he’s said so in the past. 

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

Tbf I don't think we can anyway. Leicester level is imo a realistic target 

This is exactly the narrative that the “big 6” constantly try to promote. I think Leicester shocked them and to some extent continue to do so. The whole point of the ridiculous ESL was to restrict competition and protect them. In fact the Champions League is the same but slightly more palatable. FFP is part of the same protection scheme. The current top six(ish) seem to be largely exempt. Our owners along with Purslow, who knows FFP rules as well as anyone, appear to have found the same manual, or in Purslows case wrote it. Which is a big factor in why he’s here. 

NSWE aren’t here to match Leicester or for that matter anyone else. They’re here to beat them all. If they thought Aston Villa were in a race to finish fifth they would never have bought us. The men who can finally make the Lion roar and make us the envy of our competitors will be kings amongst men. The players and manager who achieve it with them will be immortal. 

Very little is guaranteed but it’s safe to say that NSWE are guaranteed to not be restricted by the failures of their various predecessors or the belief that anything is impossible. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

But as soon as he wants to join another Premier League club? He is basically saying he wants to compete against us and win in spite of us…

He would be happy scoring the winning goal for his new team if it won them a trophy and relegated us…

Thats all I see it as…

and that’s not what a Villa fan should ever, ever want…

“Short career” and “winning trophies” be damned

I just can’t see him doing this…..but you are quite right.

Legendary status is tough to keep after he has played  and even scored against Villa!

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Devils advocate. Just using names we’ve been linked to:

We use the Jack money to buy…

JWP, Sarr, ESR, Alvarez, De Arrascaeta

Are we not a better team? 

No… because the opportunity to play in a team WITH Grealish is what gets those (and better players) to come to us.

He is ridiculously marketable… which is why the media can’t stand him playing for us because we arent one of their ever so fashionable London/Manchester clubs…

Every time they write an article about him, they have to mention us… and it makes their shit itch because it’s giving us the publicity that they don’t think we deserve

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

No… because the opportunity to play in a team WITH Grealish is what gets those (and better players) to come to us.

He is ridiculously marketable… which is why the media can’t stand him playing for us because we arent one of their ever so fashionable London/Manchester clubs…

Every time they write an article about him, they have to mention us… and it makes their shit itch because it’s giving us the publicity that they don’t think we deserve

I totally agree. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Devils advocate. Just using names we’ve been linked to:

We use the Jack money to buy…

JWP, Sarr, ESR, Alvarez, De Arrascaeta

Are we not a better team? 

Yes I’d say we are but getting those players to join us is more difficult without him. Selling Jack sends out the wrong message.

Imagine we buy those players and keep Jack. Book The Town Hall! An Aston Villa that can build that kind of team, is the type of scenario that worries the “big six”. And Arsenal. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

This, totally 

I've had to stop looking at the rumours and the crap that gets written. One minute he's moving to City then the article underneath states he's in contract talks with us.

Imagine having to make shit up in your job just to get by, scumbags the lot of em.

My personal view is that Jack loves Villa and he wants to win trophies with Villa. We now have the foundations and are building towards this and a choice between earning it with Villa or being given it with City is no choice at all. He is Villa, as are we

Â