The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

42 minutes ago, birdman said:

I couldnt give a toss if it was a little on the divey side. I think it was foul but the fact he was pushed, hacked, tripped and kicked the entire game just makes it fair game at the end of the day. 

Agreed, my post was intending to make pretty much the same sentiment... if refs don't protect players,  I am fine with them doing whatever it takes to get the free kicks they deserve.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He threw his leg that could have stopped him falling over out the way of the floor. He would have stayed up right if he hadn't consciously done that. Like I said, it was a foul, I'm not debating that, so it comes down to how you define a dive.

I define it as falling over when you could have stayed up right (without causing yourself injury). Jack definitely didn't fall over naturally and in my view I think he could quite easily have stayed up right.

If he attempted to stay up the ball runs out of play as he stumbles to keep up with it. No way could he keep possession after the clip. 

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If he attempted to stay up the ball runs out of play as he stumbles to keep up with it. No way could he keep possession after the clip. 

Agreed, I didn't say he had to keep possession in my non-diving scenario. I said,  if refs recognised when a player is taken off his stride as enough to warrant a free kick (given it is a foul), then diving won't be necessary. They don't and so he has to simulate to win the free kick,  when it should just be given. 

• Like 1

MOTM again without playing well. 

Wait until everyone see him in full flight, if Southgate lets him. 

Probably only ever get a full starting place if he isnt at Villa. 

Didn't want to take over the thread about diving...and take the shine off the only moment that resulted in a goal. 

Even playing average, he's still our biggest threat, man of the match, and absolutely should start for us this summer. 

Edited by MrBlack

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Even playing average, he's still our biggest threat, man of the match, and absolutely should start for us this summer. 

We aren't playing this summer. Oh, you mean England? To me, 'us' means Villa. 

• Like 3

Just now, mjmooney said:

We aren't playing this summer. Oh, you mean England? To me, 'us' means Villa. 

Guess I should clarify, especially given there are plenty of non-English Villa fans here (and indeed English non-England fans). Was talking in the context of the game he'd just played though, so I'm gonna leave it.

• Like 2

Us/we always means Villa for me. Club football came first and is far more important than internationals, which truth be told I couldn't give a toss about. Perhaps that makes me unpatriotic, but the only interest I take in international games is when Villa players are involved. 

Or I've got a bet on, which is rare.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Looks like a man who's about 2 days away from signing a lucrative watch sponsorship deal

And the Internet is pretty mad at times, that's a everose gold rolex day date 40, yours for around £40,000

Straight out of the Roger Federer playbook there. He'd take a £40k rolex out of his raquet bag and put on his white blazer before collecting the trophy at Wimbledon.

Southgate said today he doesn't see Foden, Mount and Grealish playing in the same team. 

think we all know which one will be missing out … 

Rashford or Sterling it is then … clearing in the woods 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Southgate said today he doesn't see Foden, Mount and Grealish playing in the same team. 

I can see how all 3 might not work and I can see the logic in not having blind faith in it. 

Sadly,  the only opportunity he had to test it he decided to play a team half full of players that aren't going to the tournament,  so he can decide which last choice reserve he's going to name that probablt won't even get any game time.

I would expect Mount to be the one to miss out rather than Grealish, even with Southgate's apparent incompetence. 

My beef with Southgate was that he didn’t see Grealish in the top 23-26 players in the country (and it was a decision based largely on personality). That was nuts. However, much as I personally think Grealish should start every England game, I don’t mind if Southgate prefers a different starting XI line up. Ultimately that’s his call. I am sure Jack will get minutes off the bench and then needs to play his way into the team - like Platty in 1990. He ended up England captain of course…

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Despite the fact Rashford and Sterling are bang out of form. “Want man who run fast, no tippy-tappy clever ball.”

It’s inevitable Southgate will f*** it up again this tournament. Grealish - Mount - Foden would be killers in a 3 behind Kane. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I would expect Mount to be the one to miss out rather than Grealish, even with Southgate's apparent incompetence. 

You can't seriously believe this? Mount is Southgates golden boy and he's just won the UCL. 

• Like 1

Mount will play. Southgate would play him in goal if the alternative is to not play him at all.

If Grealish doesn’t start in the next game I would just ask what’s the point. He has been the standout player for England for the majority of games in the last 12 months. He’s just not one of Southgate’s favourites like Rashford or Sterling. The latter of the 2 shouldn’t even be in the squad as he’s been poor in an excellent team for the 2nd half of the season.

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

36 minutes ago, vreitti said:

You can't seriously believe this? Mount is Southgates golden boy and he's just won the UCL. 

Certainly agree he's going to play Mount. But I think Grealish has at least a chance of playing ahead of Foden.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Blue Moon thread on Grealish has increased by 33 pages since yesterday. At this rate will outstrip our own years old thread.

They have like 5 posts per page though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â