The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

EhbBYfYWoAEHrjd.thumb.jpg.501e14c623aef53e9b70d9103f7d7b82.jpg

Mmmmmm this picture for me says alot. On one hand you have the player saying thank F*** you come to your senses boss, on the other hand you have Southgate saying make it count because it's the only 15 minutes you'll ever see while I'm England boss.

The man is like the devil behind that smile, dressed in that suit, I tell you he could be a bond Villain right now Southgate could be.

Southgate would rather coach the flair out of players. A player like Grealish and others in the squad can turn a match on its head. Even in that short cameo it is obvious to many where the problem lies with the management once again. England will never reap success under Southgate. 

• Like 1

I’m just glad he got his cap and didn’t get injured. The experience will give him a boost going into the season and he’ll hopefully now see that he has a way into the squad whilst still playing for Villa. His focus should now be on exceeding the standards he set for himself last season and make himself unstoppable. 

11 minutes ago, a m ole said:

look at the speed the rest of the England team are moving there while all 20+ yards away.

Spot on. Jack took about 4 Danes out of the move and ran 30 yards.
In that time, Declan Rice (#8) moved about 6 inches when in the perfect position to support Jack and draw defenders away from him. 
And Kane just ambled towards the 6 yard line (which to be fair is OK if he's expecting a shot).

At least Trippier (I think) overlapped to provide support or a decoy.
Only TAA was actually providing movement in an dangerous position. From RB.

I don't know if this is the manager, or too many players not giving a shit. Or both. But at 0-0, you would have expected the team to flood forward when a guy dribbles in the box (😉)

Just now, Pez1974 said:

I don't know if this is the manager, or too many players not giving a shit. Or both.

Both tbh; line up and tactical plan will swiftly dispel any fears of playing against us and remove any favourites tag for the Euros (though that's quite the batman gambit from Southgate if that's why he's doing this) aligned with most of the players treating it like a preseason warm up match. 

If we're still playing that interminable dirge next June they'll be plenty of knives out, but I've seen plenty of England sides flatter to deceive in warmups and qualifiers only to turn up ghastly performances in the finals; so perhaps GS is trying to engineer the reverse (hope springs eternal and all that).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m just glad he got his cap and didn’t get injured. The experience will give him a boost going into the season and he’ll hopefully now see that he has a way into the squad whilst still playing for Villa. His focus should now be on exceeding the standards he set for himself last season and make himself unstoppable. 

For sure. That’s how I feel. As long as we continue to invest and keep League status there’s no reason for Jack to leave. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Spot on. Jack took about 4 Danes out of the move and ran 30 yards.
In that time, Declan Rice (#8) moved about 6 inches when in the perfect position to support Jack and draw defenders away from him. 
And Kane just ambled towards the 6 yard line (which to be fair is OK if he's expecting a shot).

At least Trippier (I think) overlapped to provide support or a decoy.
Only TAA was actually providing movement in an dangerous position. From RB.

I don't know if this is the manager, or too many players not giving a shit. Or both. But at 0-0, you would have expected the team to flood forward when a guy dribbles in the box (😉)

I wondered who that number 8 strolling around casually was. He's **** useless.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Mmmmmm this picture for me says alot. On one hand you have the player saying thank F*** you come to your senses boss, on the other hand you have Southgate saying make it count because it's the only 15 minutes you'll ever see while I'm England boss.

The man is like the devil behind that smile, dressed in that suit, I tell you he could be a bond Villain right now Southgate could be.

Southgate is certainy no longer a Villan

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I think you’re reading into it too much

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Nosefinger?

Wait...Dr. Nose

Edited by punkymonkey666
Better option
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

yeah to be honest I don’t think Southgate is being particularly malicious, I think he’s just clueless. His idea of breaking down two very organised international sides (isn’t it amazing that other countries deal with that perfectly fine) is hit the ball wide and hope Sterling or Sancho or Kane can do something. It’s simultaneously massively conservative and hail mary. it’s 4 4 **** 2 in a different shape.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, punkymonkey666 said:

Nosefinger?

Southgate Reminds me of Oceans twelve or thirteen film, when Matt Damon puts on the prosthetic Nose to seduce the hot blonde, just in this case the blonde is Grealish lol.

37 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Wasnt being serious, but you could take the picture like that with the way SG has been with Grealish.

• Haha 1

Â