The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He is trying. He's being criticised for slowing down the pace of the game, but he has to. He has to becaise no1 is on his wavelength. He works harder than most and still shows quality but hes completely stifled by the players around him. He knows he's off and we do to. He cannot perform miracles

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Still with one foot creates most chances and opportunities. If we had just one more legitimate threat he would have been even better this season. It's a shame the Jean Kevin Augustin deal didn't come off because his electric pace would have meant Jack creating even more chances.

Its a deal I wanted to happen but apparently he's been dogshit for Leeds, barely gets a game he's that bad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Except the many times he doesn't....

This. Most of the time when the ball goes to him, he moves forward, realizes that he can't go through easily, then slowly moves backward and passes it sideways or backwards. Gone is the daring Jack who gives incisive passes everywhere and drives our attack forward. He's been playing it very safe for these last few games when we need him to be the guy that breaks the lock of the opposite defence, not another water carrier.

I'm at the point where I think he is actively hurting our attack with how much he slows the pace down.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Going through the motions, heads turned, doesn’t want to be here, doesn’t want to get injured etc...did you miss the bit where he got injured early doors got treated 3 times but stayed on and finished the 90 mins rather than going off? If he wanted to go in to hiding he could quite easily

some heads need a right wobble, best player in a generation, best player to come through the villa ranks in my lifetime, played / playing in the 2 worst villa teams in my lifetime

hes playing badly...that’s it, none of this bollocks about him giving up or not performing when we need him the most or not being able to save us because his head and heart aren’t in it...he’s just out of form in a team with 1 player in the whole 25 man squad in form even then he’s not “shit” he’s still our 2nd best performer most games since the restart 

This site is so pessimistic and defeatist, it's depressing. Everything has to be worst case scenario. We've been bad for so long that some of us have become masochistic as a coping mechanism it seems.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I thought the smirk from Heskey was quite telling that Jack to Man U is a done deal 

but maybe I’m reading too much into it 

I thought the smirk was after Heskey said Jack could be at Urinal or Barcelona and the presenter asked him 'Really, you think he could end up there?' and he smirked and said 'Well, Urinal anyway' like he realised what he just said about Barca was a bit daft.

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Still with one foot creates most chances and opportunities. If we had just one more legitimate threat he would have been even better this season. It's a shame the Jean Kevin Augustin deal didn't come off because his electric pace would have meant Jack creating even more chances.

Cant get in the Leeds team ahead of Bamford, has been such a flop Leeds are going to court to get out of the permanent transfer

I don't think Augustin has even been given a chance at Leeds, wouldn't be surprised if Leeds trying to get out of buying him is more to do with a falling out with Bielsa more than anything else.

On Grealish we're missing his goals, hasn't scored in eleven games now, that's a long time for your top goal scorer to go without scoring, has only assisted one in that time as well.

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Its a deal I wanted to happen but apparently he's been dogshit for Leeds, barely gets a game he's that bad

I'm pretty sure he's been injured. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

5 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

This. Most of the time when the ball goes to him, he moves forward, realizes that he can't go through easily, then slowly moves backward and passes it sideways or backwards. Gone is the daring Jack who gives incisive passes everywhere and drives our attack forward. He's been playing it very safe for these last few games when we need him to be the guy that breaks the lock of the opposite defence, not another water carrier.

I'm at the point where I think he is actively hurting our attack with how much he slows the pace down.

Jack is playing it safe, and I hate it. If Jack doesn't take risks, we won't score. And now he's not doing it. He has to be more mentally aggressive and stop meaningless passing around.

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I thought the smirk was after Heskey said Jack could be at Urinal or Barcelona and the presenter asked him 'Really, you think he could end up there?' and he smirked and said 'Well, Urinal anyway' like he realised what he just said about Barca was a bit daft.

Heskey is probably one of the best sky have in the studio never comes across daft , all Souness wanted to do was cream over Liverpool honestly don’t think the man watches any football his knowledge of players is awful

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Heskey is probably one of the best sky have in the studio never comes across daft , all Souness wanted to do was cream over Liverpool honestly don’t think the man watches any football his knowledge of players is awful

I was really livid watching the coverage yesterday where he was involved.

after the game, they spent 20 minutes straight talking about each Liverpool player in turn. It was dull as hell since they have NOTHING left to play for now. Even they looked uncomfortable thinking of things to say. When they went to Villa they quickly turned it back to Liverpool. Pathetic. 

10 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

I was really livid watching the coverage yesterday where he was involved.

after the game, they spent 20 minutes straight talking about each Liverpool player in turn. It was dull as hell since they have NOTHING left to play for now. Even they looked uncomfortable thinking of things to say. When they went to Villa they quickly turned it back to Liverpool. Pathetic. 

It’s a disgrace and I felt they had to divert to talking about Liverpool because it’s  all Sounes could talk about and I get the impression he hates Villa , I cant think of many that do their home work and actually likes us in the studio out of all of them Jammie Carragher is the one who actually makes sense when talking about us, If you dont have knowledge of who is playing you should not be in the studio regardless of your past playing accomplishments

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Cant get in the Leeds team ahead of Bamford, has been such a flop Leeds are going to court to get out of the permanent transfer

Combined £32m they'll be forced to pay for him and Helder Costa this summer assuming they don't **** it.

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

all Sounes could talk about and I get the impression he hates Villa , I cant think of many that do their home work and actually likes us in the studio out of all of them Jammie Carragher is the one who actually makes sense when talking about us, If you dont have knowledge of who is playing you should not be in the studio regardless of your past playing accomplishments

To be fair, he did say that we were a big club and should be in the PL. He also referred to how good we were in his playing days. Both Heskey and himself, were all about Liverpool yesterday. That's what SKY wanted, if not they would have not had Emile alongside him, because he doesn't talk about us like someone, who once played for us.

What Souness said about Jack could be good or bad for us. It could make his moving less likely in the next window or it might knock a few million off his fee. 

8 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

We don't have an 'attack'.......

VLD.

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Combined £32m they'll be forced to pay for him and Helder Costa this summer assuming they don't **** it.

From what I read it’s actually one of the worst transfers ever recorded.

They signed him with an agreement to make Permenant I’d promoted for £20+m. He’s been unfit since joining and hasn’t made the team. He’s also reportedly on 70-80k/week. 

Surprised even we didn’t manage to concoct a transfer as bad as that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Putting my Villa bias to one side I thought Souness was spot-on with thoughts on Jack. For the last 6 or so games he has not been the driving force we need and he does sometimes stand with his hands on his hips as if to say " I cant be bothered with this!" His closing down is lame and I don't see him urging his team mates to do better. I love Jack and he is our best player currently but I do think a move has been agreed and he is playing it safe. The huge amount of cash we receive for him needs to be used wisely next season, indeed, if we are in the Chanpionship I hope they only spend enough to get promotion and save as much as possible to buy 3 quality players when we get back up.

• Like 1

Am I reading too much into this but one observation of mine is that since the restart, Jack hasn’t been on any media duties. Post game yesterday John McGinn was sent out (no problems with that he’s a top guy and articulate).

i do wonder if a fallout over club representation happened over the break amongst the party scandal, BLM, Pay cuts etc. With Mings and Heaton I heard also participating in calls which Grealish was supposed be be our sole rep.

Thats mostly conjecture though and I’m not sat at home frantic over it 😅 just an observation to ponder. 

Â